Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My bird got nuts

Reaction score
That was a strange flight today.
First when I took off an retracted the gear I lost the video connection which is unfortunately not uncommon. What was new was that thereafter it went up to 60 meters and I completely lost control. The gear was lowered again by the bird so I guess it went in return to home mode. But it stayed up in the sky and when the video connection was reestablished I had back the control of the drone.
Ok, I tried to set some waypoints for a curved cycle cam flight but it seemed to not work either. Every time I tried to enter a waypoint I got the message that "waypoint query failed". Not sure if this is related to my first issue, but this flight was a complete failure. At least without causing any damage to the Typhoon.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Thank you and cheers

First when I took off an retracted the gear I lost the video connection which is unfortunately not uncommon. What was new was that thereafter it went up to 60 meters and I completely lost control. The gear was lowered again by the bird so I guess it went in return to home mode. But it stayed up in the sky and when the video connection was reestablished I had back the control of the drone.
Ok, I tried to set some waypoints for a curved cycle cam flight but it seemed to not work either. Every time I tried to enter a waypoint I got the message that "waypoint query failed". Not sure if this is related to my first issue, but this flight was a complete failure. At least without causing any damage to the Typhoon.
Thank you and cheers
Have not seen anything like that. It could be an android malfunction perhaps. It might be a good idea to do a factory reset on the ST16. After doing so you would need to create a new model and do the binding process.

Thank you and cheers

Is yours a US bird? The issue of losing video when raising gear is a common problem if you have European (E) firmware loaded to a US (A) camera.

My H does this too, lose connection to the camera when taking off. Then the moment I land it, it reconnects!?
It should be a European H. What's the place for European firmwares? I downloaded it from the Yuneec site (although I don't remember if it's the correct one)

Hi All,

Yep I have the European firmware on board as I live in Switzerland. Losing the camera connection is more a pain in the neck than an issue, but this time the drone seemed to go into RTH mode.

For the other question I have about 50 to 60 flights with my typhoon which I bought about one year ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
costimarcos