Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My controller says "No firmware on sd card"

Reaction score
So, I downloaded it. Rebooted everything and checked for updates again. It said "No firmware on sd card" again. It apparently doesn't recognize that it downloaded and installed firmware already.

IS there supposed to be firmware on the SD card? Which one? Controller or aircraft or both even?

Please help here. Thanks.

So, I downloaded it. Rebooted everything and checked for updates again. It said "No firmware on sd card" again. It apparently doesn't recognize that it downloaded and installed firmware already.

IS there supposed to be firmware on the SD card? Which one? Controller or aircraft or both even?

The firmware for the ST16 should be the only file on the SD card which is plugged into the bottom of the ST16. The firmware for the drone should be the only file on the SD card which is plugged into the CGO3+

The firmware for the ST16 should be the only file on the SD card which is plugged into the bottom of the ST16. The firmware for the drone should be the only file on the SD card which is plugged into the CGO3+
Thanks,but when it downloaded the updates/software doe sit put them on the respective SDCards? Are they hidden? The video/photographs go onto the cameras SDCard, so how could firmware be only file?

Watch this video up to the point of getting the firmware onto the sd card. After you have done that, then follow the second video to do the update.

Watch this video up to the point of getting the firmware onto the sd card. After you have done that, then follow the second video to do the update.

In the ST16, About page, tire's a "button" for updating firmware. I pressed that, one for each the controller and the aircraft. It connected to my internet and then downloaded and said it installed both successfully.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that done, do I need to go to the Yuneec website and download as the 1st video suggests?

Thanks.

If you had the latest firmware then the automatic update should work just fine and it sounds like it did. There is nothing more you need to do except to delete the flight data as shown in the second video and then to the calibrations. Also, the first time you turn on the H, let it sit outside for about 13 minutes with the motors off. This will give the GPS time to get an exact fix. After the initial flight you can take off right after you have GPS lock.

If you had the latest firmware then the automatic update should work just fine and it sounds like it did. There is nothing more you need to do except to delete the flight data as shown in the second video and then to the calibrations. Also, the first time you turn on the H, let it sit outside for about 13 minutes with the motors off. This will give the GPS time to get an exact fix. After the initial flight you can take off right after you have GPS lock.
Thanks. I.e I don't need to worry about any message "No firmware on SDCard".

Make sure your SD card is no bigger than 32GB. The ST-16 will not read bigger SD cards. I had tried a 64GB card only to be told by Yuneec that 32 was the limit. I ended up us
using the 16GB card that came with the Typhoon H Pro. Hope this helps.

Insert the SD card into your computer, download the updates and then stick them into your aircraft

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval