Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My st10 controller wont hold a charge ?

Reaction score
Hello and happy to be here. I just purchased the the q500 4k kit. My st10 controller wont hold a charge ? I plugged it in the first night i bought it with the adapter supplied that puts out 5v via a mini usb. Instructions said it will take 5 hrs to charge and and the light would blink blue and when fully charged it would turn solid blue. I charged it over night and it was still blinking blue .I charged it another night and still no solid blue light. I fired the controller up for about 20 minutes so i could acclimate myself with it and fired up the props, I didnt take flight. and turned everything off, turned on st10 controller today and i only had 8% battery life?
any ideas? Thanks

sounds like it could be the charger not putting out enough volts. Try using another charger (cell phone, or connect to your computer) first turn on the ST10 take note of the charge percentage, charge for an hour then check the percentage again. If it appears to be charging with another charger; it's your charger that came with your kit. If that's the case contact Yuneec they'll take of you.

typeo. Are you charging using the supplied usb cable plugged into pc usb or wall outlet? I noticed mine is charging better using the wall outlet method. One thing that I am noticing is when the micro usb end is plugged into the ST10+ it has to be seated just right or it will not show a positive connection. If I ever so slightly just touch the cable it will not charge properly. I tried other micro usb cables with the same results.

Yes you have to use the one supplied with your Q. I tried other cables and they either won't go in or a sloppy connection. Use the supplied with another outlet charger.

Yes you have to use the one supplied with your Q. I tried other cables and they either won't go in or a sloppy connection. Use the supplied with another outlet charger.

The supplied charger that I received is acting the same way as two other cables that I have tried. The port on the ST10 seems to be wonky and also not aligned properly.

when you put it in the st10 will it bottom out in the unit?
Yes. Or the port is too recessed into the unit which doesn't allow the micro USB to seat properly.
When I open the unit up I'm going to attempt to plug into the port itself on the board without having any interference from the unit.

good luck I hope you get it figured out you need to get the Q off the ground. If you don't have success give Yuneec a call they'll be glad to help you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval