Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My TH Video Questions

Reaction score
After a rocky start with the H, I'm slowly figuring out a few things. After finally going into Manual on the video settings, I managed to get it to look a little better. Of course, I have no filters yet, so I know there's some jello there. These 2 clips are untouched, straight out of the H. It's not a movie, it's 2 clips looking at getting the color and overall look to be better. Tell me how it looks..................... to me it is not really close to my P3P. It seems just too fuzzy on the edges. I'm sure hoping for a firmware update to address some of this stuff.

Reactions: yuneec53
After a rocky start with the H, I'm slowly figuring out a few things. After finally going into Manual on the video settings, I managed to get it to look a little better. Of course, I have no filters yet, so I know there's some jello there. These 2 clips are untouched, straight out of the H. It's not a movie, it's 2 clips looking at getting the color and overall look to be better. Tell me how it looks..................... to me it is not really close to my P3P. It seems just too fuzzy on the edges. I'm sure hoping for a firmware update to address some of this stuff.

Overall the picture looks sharp and very good as far as exposure goes.

However the jello effect is really bad on your bird, something is wrong there.
Some people claim filter helps but I think that is just a cover up.

Your panning is to fast but I realize you were just making a test video.
On my Phantom I always use 1080p @ 60 fps for smoother pans
but that setting looks bad on the H, just to fuzzy.

Ok sneed. Look at the gimble,make sure the rubber grumett are all the way thru top and bottom there should also be two safety pins catty corner to each other. You seem to have good focus. Hope this helps. Fly safe. Looked like the same vid just different url.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys. I checked all of that stuff, all is fine. I'm sure the jello is from the really high shutter-speed, I have some ND's coming from Polar-Pro. I'll continue to try and fine-tune the settings, and add the filter when it arrives. I think it can get better, but it's going to take some work.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Thanks, guys. I checked all of that stuff, all is fine. I'm sure the jello is from the really high shutter-speed, I have some ND's coming from Polar-Pro. I'll continue to try and fine-tune the settings, and add the filter when it arrives. I think it can get better, but it's going to take some work.

The jello effect has been hashed over a million times on the Phantom forums.

Filters which alter shutter speed will help to cover up the effect to a degree.

But the final cure and real problem is a hardware defect somewhere.

Just to throw some things out there for you.

Slow SD card
Props off balance
Prop arms loose

Most of the time its related to gimbal problems. Especially if it's been in a crash.

Rubber shock grommets
loose mountings
Servo's binding
hanger alignment

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I would stick my neck out and say the jello is being caused by unbalanced props its very noticeable at the 1 minute mark on the horizon, the H props are not balanced, out of my ten supplied only three were ok and that was 3 that had the white insert.

I have 2 sets of new props, I'll change them out and give it another shot. ND filter should be here tomorrow too. Thanks, guys.

I have 2 sets of new props, I'll change them out and give it another shot. ND filter should be here tomorrow too. Thanks, guys.
what you need to do, regarding the props, is balance them....dollars to doughnuts the new set has many needing balance as well. step 1....eliminate as many variables as possible!

my 2 cents

There should be next to zero jello on the Typhoon.

If it's not a firmware issue, then it's a physical issue. What this means is that the camera lens is vibrating beyond spec due to..... ?

Try this non scientific test.

The Typhoon is one of the few drones where you can check to see in flight if the vibrations are beyond what the camera is designed for. You do this by flying with your landing gear down. Point the camera at the legs. If the film shows the leg or legs shaking (vibrating) severely, then you have a prop balance or motor balance issue. If they are rather calm at hover, then the problem may be your gimbal or lens assembly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval