Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ND Filters

I would be interested in the process you used to make an ND Filter out of the Blank Ring. You interested in doing some kind of write up?
today i tried cutting a 1" diameter nd filter from the wratten gel. what a pain! it didn't come out well at all. took a long time with nothing much to show for it...a real cobjob. i have already made a custom holder for a 1.5inx1.5in piece of wratten gel that came out ok but haven't had a chance to try it. still have two 1.5" square pieces of wratten gel left over to try again. a real exercise in frustration! i hope the new "polar pro" nd set hits the market soon. if anybody gets those filters, please post your opinion of them to the group asap. thanks.

i ordered a wratten nd .60 on ebay and just finished cutting it up to fit in my blank 1 inch filter ring...now i see this great set of filters! go figure...bummer! anyhow, i also just now found some nd filters on ebay for cheap that may be adaptable to the blank filter ring? i am very interested in the filter set mentioned in this thread and may purchase after trying my new nd filter rig. thanks very much for this info!. Neutral Density ND4 Lens Filter 27/34/37/40.5/43/46/49/52/55/58/62/67/72/77/82mm

What MM is the ring for the Q500 4K CGO3

What MM is the ring for the Q500 4K CGO3
the filter ring has a bayonet mount that is probably proprietary to CGO series cameras???? the diameter of the filter is roughly 1 inch...hard to measure precisely because it so small. i tried using a fingernail trimmer to cut the wratten gel to fit inside the ring, but it is nearly impossible to get a precise cut.

Reactions: KramerMD
hi tim- thanks for the great news! is yuneec going to produce a youtube video and/or a word doc with detailed instructions on the use of these filters? that would very helpful. i found a good video of how to use the filters with a dji, but they have a histogram feature which is helpful to set the exposure. i am unaware if yuneec has this feature hidden somewhere in the controller menu.

here is a link to the video for dji:

i will throw some photos together about what i did to use the wratten filter. basically, i bought a 3x3 inch wratten .60 and cut it into (4ea) 1.5"x1.5" inch squares. i used scissors to cut one round 1" filter for the filter ring, and used one of the 1.5x1.5 inch filters in a makeshift "filter frame" to tape over the camera lens. i have yet to try it out. too darn cold here in vermont to do it now. this was a "winter project' and when spring comes around i'll give it a try.
i am replying to my own posting to urge folks to forget thinking about trying to purchase a wratten nd gel and cut it to fit the blank filter ring. just bite the bullet and buy the set of glass nd filters that are due to hit the market soon. it isn't worth the time, money (cost me 28.00 for the nd filter to do a cobjob) and frustration. i'm hoping to see the glass filters posted for sale online soon at: Polar Pro - Circular Polarizer and Neutral Density Lens Filters for Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K and Q500+ (3-Count) - Black

Reactions: KramerMD
i ordered the 3 filter nd set as soon as tim terrones from yuneec customer service posted the news on 3/4/16. the price presently has a 15% discount for a total of $42.50 (includes s/h). Yunnec Typhoon Filters

these guys (polar pro) were the ones that got discovered on the "shark tank" tv program. they have a facebook page that keeps folks informed of their new offerings and also a website at . check them out at the following links:
GoPro Accessories | Filters, Poles, Microphones, Mounts & Cases
Yunnec Typhoon Filters
Security Check Required

will try to upload a review after i test them.

thanks,
carl

Last edited:
Reactions: Florentin
i ordered the 3 filter nd set as soon as tim terrones from yuneec customer service posted the news on 3/4/16. the price presently has a 15% discount for a total of $42.50 (includes s/h). Yunnec Typhoon Filters

these guys (polar pro) were the ones that got discovered on the "shark tank" tv program. they have a facebook page that keeps folks informed of their new offerings and also a website at . check them out at the following links:
GoPro Accessories | Filters, Poles, Microphones, Mounts & Cases
Yunnec Typhoon Filters
Security Check Required

will try to upload a review after i test them.

thanks,
carl
Would it be safe to assume these filters will fit all the CGO series of cameras, particularly the CGO2+? Thanks

I removed the included filter because it was obviously just cheap plastic. I have never used UV filters on my Nikor lenses; why degrade good glass.
I hear that an ND filter is necessary for good video in sunlight, but don't see the lack of quality without one. And I'm pickey!

I removed the included filter because it was obviously just cheap plastic. I have never used UV filters on my Nikor lenses; why degrade good glass.
I hear that an ND filter is necessary for good video in sunlight, but don't see the lack of quality without one. And I'm pickey!
I was thinking of the filters for more of a protector of the lens

Would it be safe to assume these filters will fit all the CGO series of cameras, particularly the CGO2+? Thanks

contact polar pro filters at [email protected]
i know that yuneec sent polar pro a cgo-3 4k camera to use as a model for designing the filters...but i am not sure if the filter ring design is the same as the cgo-2

I'll try that and see what happens...Thanks pownalite
I got a hold of Dan Morris and he told me the filters will only fit the Typhoon 4K and the Typhoon H. My camera is the CGO2+ 4K which apparently the filters will not fit it. I will have to go to plan B???

Thanks to Pownalite, I tested the Polar Pro ND 16 today. Wow! These turn the Q500 4K, CGO3 into a quality camera. I've been disheartened with the camera quality. But the Polar Pro makes the whites white, the greens green, the blues blue. Blacks black. Reduces the horrible noise. Created this image this afternoon at the 360 Grill & Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa in Florence, Alabama, with the scenic Tennessee River and TVA Wilson *** in the background. M2C.

UPDATED: I have a full set of tests of the Polar Pro ND filters on this thread starting at bottom of the third page.

MDCIP-00114z.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dael
With the typhoon G how can you shoot stills when and if the quad is out of range from the remote?

Set up to shoot video and stills at the same time. The stills are set to 5 seconds apart. Camera must be turned on and filming before flight. Use a large memory card. Only see angle of view and can adjust view in the controller during flight.

Reactions: Magnum_Don

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy