Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ND Filters

May I ask where you got the case for the filters? I received 3 bags to put each filter in. Like your idea for identifying each filter.

Thanks for your help.

Darrel

i received a zippered hardcase with the filters from polar pro (i paid 42.50, using their initial 15% online discount offer). i saw the filters for sale today for full price (49.99, no discount) on their webpage with case mentioned in their promo. it mentions free hardcase in the intro to the filters. see the link below. if you have a problem, contact their customer service guy at [email protected]

Yuneec Typhoon 4K Filter 3-Pack

Last edited:
My Q500 4K (purchased in May, 2016) came with the UV filter installed. In a little bag, I found a spare lens ring AND a folded up cleaning cloth. When I unfolded the cloth, inside I found a ND filter, complete in a ring.

Carolina Dronz has a couple of different kits.
Sorry if this is a repost but I just jumped to the last page and gave my input.
He is a loyal sponsor of the yuneec-forum.com and has excellent customer service.

Thanks to Pownalite, I tested the Polar Pro ND 16 today. Wow! These turn the Q500 4K, CGO3 into a quality camera. I've been disheartened with the camera quality. But the Polar Pro makes the whites white, the greens green, the blues blue. Blacks black. Reduces the horrible noise. Created this image this afternoon at the 360 Grill & Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa in Florence, Alabama, with the scenic Tennessee River and TVA Wilson *** in the background. M2C.

UPDATED: I have a full set of tests of the Polar Pro ND filters on this thread starting at bottom of the third page.

View attachment 297
Great info and a fantastic image!

I'm looking to by a Q500 4K although I can't find ND filters for it anywhere. I've heard from a couple places that it comes with some. Is this true and if not are there any?

check out polarprofilters.com

and use idronepro15 discount code

PolarPro Yuneec Typhoon 4K Filter 3-Pack, $49.99 on amazon, ND4, ND8, ND16 Filters
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CG62PQW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I just ordered these and haven't received them yet, so I can't vouch for them.

16 July -- I can now vouch for the filters. They're great! Easy to install and make a huge difference in the image. Having the ND filter also eliminated the lens flare I saw when I just had the factory-installed UV filter on.

Last edited:
the filter ring has a bayonet mount that is probably proprietary to CGO series cameras???? the diameter of the filter is roughly 1 inch...hard to measure precisely because it so small. i tried using a fingernail trimmer to cut the wratten gel to fit inside the ring, but it is nearly impossible to get a precise cut.
Try and find something of the same diameter like a small flashlight to use as a template, then use an xacto knife to cut the gel

I have the polar pro and I really like the design as in the outer ring is wider and easier to handle on/off than the yuneec original filter trying to turn it on/off . Wish polar pro would also come out with just a clear uv filter the same as their nd filter easy on/off

Reactions: Copper Angel
View attachment 2320 View attachment 2320 View attachment 2321
there was a set of three made mention of earlier by polar pro that had a polarizer included. any info on that? thanks
The set from BestBuy does NOT include a Circular polarizer as mentioned in the ad even though the included Yuneec Filters Quick Start Guide inside the box mentions it specifically. Check the 'Whats included' section for the true contents. The box from Polar Pro makes no mention of an included circular polarizer.

As a long time photographer, but not videographer with UAVs, I'm curious why you feel you need a ND filter for professional images. They simply reduce the exposure, which will likely cause the camera to also re-adjust accordingly. So how does that help with better video? Overexposure of skies during daytime, or something?

Have any of you that got the "included" ND filter with your Q500 4K tried it? Mine had one with it,but there is no marking on it saying what it is? 4-8-16 ?

Have any of you that got the "included" ND filter with your Q500 4K tried it? Mine had one with it,but there is no marking on it saying what it is? 4-8-16 ?
I did not receive an ND filter with my 4K, only the UV filter. Hope you had better luck. If it doesn't say "ND" its probably just "UV".

The Typhoon Q500 does not come with a ND filter. It does come with 1-blank rim, 1- clear & 1-gray UV lens. UV lens is pretty much useless but does a good job as a lens protector. The bank one is for when you don't want anything on except the lens. The ring stops unwanted light coming into the holes where the ring fits. So they say.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430