Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ND Filters

Reaction score
I'm looking to by a Q500 4K although I can't find ND filters for it anywhere. I've heard from a couple places that it comes with some. Is this true and if not are there any?

Check out Carolina Drones. Think there are like $4.99
A9bMs6DmUJDdXoSskNIyVCy3qWsyMqVZps1B7SFfcJgiQCCS4Ik21aZXNvsJpYE4qbpNwZGZuzwZz2B7qvKtDFEH879tRkjZ1lApMshmXXTZRbfzCRea90sVFDt1DgzhNtlR3RKyZ1YZn-vllCQLx_tDSyenD6eraQ4aIkGkOIIxeKFCJURXvFrNJv0c2dv4d0tO=s0-d-e1-ft
1x YUNEEC Grey UV Filter for CGO3 Only

My Q500 4k came with the UV filter installed on the CGO3 camera and a spare filter ring with no type of glass installed. Just a blank lens ring. There are differences between UV and ND filters.
I too am interested in the ND filter (if one even exists) I have recently contacted C.S. in CA and awaiting a response regarding the two filters that are said to be "Included" with the 4k package.

2 out of the 6 I purchased came the same way. Was you packaging grey inside or white?

Not exactly sure what you mean by my packaging? Grey or white?
My cgo3 came with a UV filter installed. I also received a Blank filter ring in the accessories box.
My typhoon case itself is grey inside.
I contacted C.S. in CA and they stated they are no longer including the ND filter in the purchase of any typhoon.

I had the same thing. Blank Ring with no lens in it as a spare. Contacted Yuneec, they told me that I could purchase the ND if I wanted. Just wait a little, Frank at Carolina Dronz is working on a set soon to be available.

BTW, my packaging was Grey.

Mine came with a UV filter on but I took it off. I noticed severe lens flares from the cheap non-coated plastic.

The only time I ever use a ND filter is when I'm shooting video and I'm trying to keep my shutter speeds at 1/60th sec and stopping down would result in unacceptable diffraction. I also use ND filters when I want to open up a fast lens in direct sunlight while keeping my shutter speeds 1/60th. For stills I can push my shutter speeds as much as needed.

I know where all these filters are made: selling company Freewell in Hong Kong/Shenzhen and made by Green L in China. A big [EXPLETIVE REMOVE] what I can prove. Avoid Freewell !

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking to by a Q500 4K although I can't find ND filters for it anywhere. I've heard from a couple places that it comes with some. Is this true and if not are there any?
hi guys-
as i've stated in previous posts, i am new to rc aircraft, but i bought the q500 4k partially because of all the hype about how "professional" it was. i am now a bit bothered to learn that nd filters are basically a requirement to take professional videos, yet the company neglected to design a camera system that would accept a way of using nd filters (aftermarket or otherwise...no universal thread mount or way of introducing a gel fliter easily) which are supposedly required to yield the best possible results. in fact, they even dropped the inclusion of any kind of nd filter for the cg0-3. this makes me wonder what their thinking is. i have been searching online for a set of "optical quality" filters that would fit on the q500 4k...but everything out there is not optical quality...just rosco colored gels that are basically color compensating filters for use in an enlarger head or over a light source to change the color of the light source...but not for "in front of the lens" use. also, their filter setup is truly "unique" (sic...yuneec...and nobody has any such compatible bayonet filter). i am especially upset that they gave me a filter frame with no filter and yet do not sell a selection of nd filter to use with the frame... DUH!!!...and now they've even discontinued providing the free "blank" filter frame? this suggests that they don't care about the needs of customers that want (or expect to be able to) to get the most out of their purchase. i was taught that the best you could expect from a camera was the lowest quality of its worst element. e.g= if you use a crap filter on a hassleblad, expect to get a crap image even if the lens is great. now that i am looking for nd filters online it is becoming more and more obvious that it is impossible to find any kind of quality nd lens for the cgo-3 that is other than a plastic non optical gel. it makes me wonder whether i should have bought into a different "camera system". yuneec now has the chance to correct this and come up with a good set of "optical quality glass filters" in their special bayonet mount for it owners. i hope they consider doing such and show us that they know and care about what is needed to get professionals results from their product. just my 2 cents. frustrated!

Last edited:
Hi, new here too and a new Q500 4K owner. I am with you pownalite, I am kind of thinking that the G version and the ability to use a GoPro or other similar sized camera with all if its available accessories may have been a better option. The main reason why I picked the 4K was because I could control the camera in flight. I wish Yuneec would sell the G gimbal at a reasonable price. I have seen it on sale for more then what it would cost me to buy the G, which is very tempting.

hi guys-
as i've stated in previous posts, i am new to rc aircraft, but i bought the q500 4k partially because of all the hype about how "professional" it was. i am now a bit bothered to learn that nd filters are basically a requirement to take professional videos, yet the company neglected to design a camera system that would accept a way of using nd filters (aftermarket or otherwise...no universal thread mount or way of introducing a gel fliter easily) which are supposedly required to yield the best possible results. in fact, they even dropped the inclusion of any kind of nd filter for the cg0-3. this makes me wonder what their thinking is. i have been searching online for a set of "optical quality" filters that would fit on the q500 4k...but everything out there is not optical quality...just rosco colored gels that are basically color compensating filters for use in an enlarger head or over a light source to change the color of the light source...but not for "in front of the lens" use. also, their filter setup is truly "unique" (sic...yuneec...and nobody has any such compatible bayonet filter). i am especially upset that they gave me a filter frame with no filter and yet do not sell a selection of nd filter to use with the frame... DUH!!!...and now they've even discontinued providing the free "blank" filter frame? this suggests that they don't care about the needs of customers that want (or expect to be able to) to get the most out of their purchase. i was taught that the best you could expect from a camera was the lowest quality of its worst element. e.g= if you use a crap filter on a hassleblad, expect to get a crap image even if the lens is great. now that i am looking for nd filters online it is becoming more and more obvious that it is impossible to find any kind of quality nd lens for the cgo-3 that is other than a plastic non optical gel. it makes me wonder whether i should have bought into a different "camera system". yuneec now has the chance to correct this and come up with a good set of "optical quality glass filters" in their special bayonet mount for it owners. i hope they consider doing such and show us that they know and care about what is needed to get professionals results from their product. just my 2 cents. frustrated!

does anyone know the official diameter of the filter? Maybe I could use the blank ring to make my own, Would love a polarized filter.

Same problem here. I only have empty frame. Also, the steady grip did not work. I contact Youneec to indicated email, and still no replay.

i ordered a wratten nd .60 on ebay and just finished cutting it up to fit in my blank 1 inch filter ring...now i see this great set of filters! go figure...bummer! anyhow, i also just now found some nd filters on ebay for cheap that may be adaptable to the blank filter ring? i am very interested in the filter set mentioned in this thread and may purchase after trying my new nd filter rig. thanks very much for this info!. Neutral Density ND4 Lens Filter 27/34/37/40.5/43/46/49/52/55/58/62/67/72/77/82mm

I would be interested in the process you used to make an ND Filter out of the Blank Ring. You interested in doing some kind of write up?
i will throw some photos together about what i did to use the wratten filter. basically, i bought a 3x3 inch wratten .60 and cut it into (4ea) 1.5"x1.5" inch squares. i used scissors to cut one round 1" filter for the filter ring, and used one of the 1.5x1.5 inch filters in a makeshift "filter frame" to tape over the camera lens. i have yet to try it out. too darn cold here in vermont to do it now. this was a "winter project' and when spring comes around i'll give it a try.

Reactions: Ron_Dog and Pedweld

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop