Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need Firmware Version That Removes 8,000-Foot Operational Elevation Limit

Reaction score
I need to get the firmware patch that removes the 8,000-foot operational elevation limit for my Q500 4K. It's pretty obvious that Yuneec no longer gives a crap about Q500 owners. None of the links to their Support web site for the various firmware versions work anymore. I live in the Denver area. If you do too, and you have already had to deal with this problem and you think that you can fix this problem, I will be glad to pay you for a fix. That includes anyone living in Colorado Springs, Boulder, Fort Collins — anywhere within about 150 miles of Denver. Text me at 630-877-6500 if you think you can help!

Here is the altitude restriction removal. I do not have instructions for its installation. I downloaded this from the file repository at yuneec-forum.com.

Attachments

• Q500_v1.07_10_05_2015_no_max_altitude.zip
    189.4 KB · Views: 79
The Q uses larger props and slower motors in order to reduce noise. So that reduces the max altitude it can be safely flown. That's the reason for the alt limit. The H with 6 props and more power can be flown up to 12k ft.

^^^^^^^^^
Thanks @h-elsner !

Is that the same for the one to remove the NFZ? If I can ever find that download again.

Than

Thanks DoomMeister! I really appreciate your help!
Would living in Aurora for 6 years count for the original post? I was stationed at Lowry AFB from 1980 to 1985.

Hope this gets you flying up in the mountains. Just heed warnings you see in many older posts on this forum and on yuneec-forum.com about reduced flight time and the ease of icing on the props.

Reactions: Mmcavoy6
I have the firmware for allowing flight over 8000' MSL, but I don't think it removes the NFZ.

I can confirm that the altitude unrestricted firmware has the NFZ data and will not fly in those areas. The no airport firmware is a smaller size than the other two versions, standard, and no altitude. Someone skilled could decompile the STM32 firmware and patch the no airport version to also remove the altitude restriction. I can not confirm if the no airport firmware has an altitude restriction.

First thought is the folks that live there. There are a lot of towns above 8000 ft in the US states of Colorado, Utah and New Mexico. Probably other parts of the world also.
There were several in the Rockies and Sierras that used the over 8000’ MSL firmware. Most also used CF props because they deform less at the higher rotational speeds encountered.

Would living in Aurora for 6 years count for the original post? I was stationed at Lowry AFB from 1980 to 1985.

Hope this gets you flying up in the mountains. Just heed warnings you see in many older posts on this forum and on yuneec-forum.com about reduced flight time and the ease of icing on the props.
If you install the update to remove the 8000-foot ceiling, do you also need to upgrade the ST10? I have my property up at 9000 feet in Hartsel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval