Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need Help From A Raw Photo Editor!!!

Reaction score
Anyone on hear a Raw(DNG) expert? I never filmed in "Raw before, but want to try DaVinci to edit and save my raw photo's.
1st. I go the CGO3+ to snap 11 phot's, but when I put them on my 4K tv only my videos showed up! No pictures from my sd card in raw to my TV, Okay, Took it out and put sd card into laptop and after messing around, I found them in my"E" drive in a separate folder than videos! Why?
2nd-Could not open them, pc said search for a program to open them, so I did and selected Fhotoroom, it was a pain but save then all in Fhotoroom, but when I open the yunoooo1 file it opens, but with a row of 12 different photo formats from nice to less color to black and white!
3 How can I tell which one to place in DaVinci? or if any? Can I not just place the sd photo directly from my CGO3+ sd card right onto my PC in Raw and then just put it into DaVinci! Am I doing this all wrong
Any Help Will Be Appreciated! Thanks!

If you have Lightroom or Photoshop or Photoshop Elements I highly recommend the Google Nik Collection. They were running for $500 but Google released the filters for free earlier this year - no strings attached. They are very good and easy to learn. I use it for my .DNG .JPG files.

Google Nik Collection

Raw: Look at as an egg fresh from the chicken. Most of the time you need to cook it (process it) before you can eat it (use it). Your TV probably only shows jpegs, possibly tiffs. The advantage of raw is that you can process the image more to your liking rather than settling for the picture style you selected for the camera to create the jpeg. DNG stands for Digital Negative. As we're about the same age I'm sure you remember taking pictures and getting negatives back with your prints. Raw files are just like negatives. You really need to process them in some way before expecting them to look good. If you are looking for a low cost option for processing raw I would recommend photoshop elements. If you want to get more serious about it get lightroom. Adobe has a photographer's program whereby you can get full blown photoshop and lightroom for 10.99 a month.

Reactions: horizontal
Anyone on hear a Raw(DNG) expert? I never filmed in "Raw before, but want to try DaVinci to edit and save my raw photo's.
1st. I go the CGO3+ to snap 11 phot's, but when I put them on my 4K tv only my videos showed up! No pictures from my sd card in raw to my TV, Okay, Took it out and put sd card into laptop and after messing around, I found them in my"E" drive in a separate folder than videos! Why?
2nd-Could not open them, pc said search for a program to open them, so I did and selected Fhotoroom, it was a pain but save then all in Fhotoroom, but when I open the yunoooo1 file it opens, but with a row of 12 different photo formats from nice to less color to black and white!
3 How can I tell which one to place in DaVinci? or if any? Can I not just place the sd photo directly from my CGO3+ sd card right onto my PC in Raw and then just put it into DaVinci! Am I doing this all wrong
Any Help Will Be Appreciated! Thanks!
Raw: Look at as an egg fresh from the chicken. Most of the time you need to cook it (process it) before you can eat it (use it). Your TV probably only shows jpegs, possibly tiffs. The advantage of raw is that you can process the image more to your liking rather than settling for the picture style you selected for the camera to create the jpeg. DNG stands for Digital Negative. As we're about the same age I'm sure you remember taking pictures and getting negatives back with your prints. Raw files are just like negatives. You really need to process them in some way before expecting them to look good. If you are looking for a low cost option for processing raw I would recommend photoshop elements. If you want to get more serious about it get lightroom. Adobe has a photographer's program whereby you can get full blown photoshop and lightroom for 10.99 a month.

@DroneClone , herre is another way suitable to your liking or preference. To answer you to the point as an editor and a publisher. @jwjohnson made the most of sense of your question. I would add that you only need to use a RAW / DNG function if your client is using it for a billboard or requires it for print publication. As a professional photographer & publisher, your should capture it the way your perceive it without the altercation of the original image that retains its value. Without or limit minimal use of an another programs interaction to maintain the original vision of capture. To prevent image degradation with adding the layers or adjustments Let alone, then you have to worry about which profile to change it to, and where its going to color match. Just a thought, this is something I do on a regular basis and could offer a consultation if you would like to speak with me privately about it.

Let me ask, did you make any type of color correction before you captured your subject. I offer lessons for such these occasions. DaVinci Resolve is super intensive and the right tools for the right job make all of the difference in the world. It matters. Hardware and software must mesh.

Let me know.

Best,

DaVinci, If you mean DaVinci Resolve? its a full blown video suite not really for photo editing.

This is a super raw photo editor and free. RawTherapee Blog for windows and mac
I want to edit video's and photos both, I have Nik and Power Director 14 and Davinci Resolve 12.1. My question is now I understand my 4k won't play a raw file, by why is it so difficult to transfer my raw(dng) pictures from my sd card to my PC, I will try to shoot more and download to my pc again, but even after finding them on my pc, why does it ask me to search for a program to open them, if I already have these programs on my pc? Did I need to install(which I did) Fhotoshop to be able to open the raw files? Thank you all for you kind help!

DC for what it is worth there is this
. Although I use editing software a lot I have never been able to get my head around Da Vinci Resolve. It is free from the makers of Black Magic video cards so nothing lost. A very British slanted video but we are an odd mob!

No, i
DC for what it is worth there is this
. Although I use editing software a lot I have never been able to get my head around Da Vinci Resolve. It is free from the makers of Black Magic video cards so nothing lost. A very British slanted video but we are an odd mob!
It's quite nice! I have Power Director Photo and since I already know how to maneuver around the vodeo one, this is quite familiar!. Just don't know if I need a special program to save my Raw files from SD card to my PC, I downloaded a free app called Fhotoworks, but it has a program in itself to edit them? Is this what you need to extract Raw file onto your PC or am I doing it wrong? Thanks for the tips you all !

DC...files need to be associated with a base type of application in order for it to be opened. When I copied my RAW files to my pc (same method as copying jpg and movie files from the sd card), they would not open because none of the installed programs could recognize the extension of file type. Once I loaded a program that could work with RAW images then I could start opening them up and working on them. If you do have a program that can work with RAW images already loaded, you may need to associate RAW files with that program or open the RAW files directly from that program in order to access them. As for the tv...I have an older plasma tv that only displays jpg files....maybe the latest of the greatest tvs display RAW files but I think those types of files are intended to be manipulated in software and not used for general viewing.

Reactions: DroneClone
DC...files need to be associated with a base type of application in order for it to be opened. When I copied my RAW files to my pc (same method as copying jpg and movie files from the sd card), they would not open because none of the installed programs could recognize the extension of file type. Once I loaded a program that could work with RAW images then I could start opening them up and working on them. If you do have a program that can work with RAW images already loaded, you may need to associate RAW files with that program or open the RAW files directly from that program in order to access them. As for the tv...I have an older plasma tv that only displays jpg files....maybe the latest of the greatest tvs display RAW files but I think those types of files are intended to be manipulated in software and not used for general viewing.
Thanks!, My 4K Smart Tv will not play raw stuff, found out!. I did install a raw file program called Fhotoworks and it opened the raw files, but then I see like 12 different formats of the same pictures when I open them, like some are even black and white, florescent, sunny, cloudy etc. So which one is my original raw picture that I can drag to Davinci and edit? That's where I am all screwed up! Any thoughts or better free raw file openers? Thanks for your time!

I will have to try out the Google Nik Collection, I was on the fence about getting PS Elements. My goal/expectation is to get very nice still shots that can be used on websites, not so much for print media.

Reactions: DroneClone
I will have to try out the Google Nik Collection, I was on the fence about getting PS Elements. My goal/expectation is to get very nice still shots that can be used on websites, not so much for print media.
I downloaded Nik, haven't tried, I like PowerDirector Photo real well, I am still at a loss how to open my "original" Raw file!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a program to open, but it opens 12 of the same photo all in a different format, even Black and White, so which one is the original? I guess I can use and edit any of them?

What are you doing DC? Did you get my email?

The 'RAW' files on the CGO3+ are actually DNG (Digital Negative) this was a format that was designed by Adobe as a standard for RAW files available for all software developers to use. ( I am talking of the stills now)Unfortunately not all have. For stills and editing any RAW or DNG file the best (arguably) software is Lightroom. It is affordable and easy to learn to use.

However, there are free online DNG to JPEG converters if you need. The trouble is tou lose all the benefit of having shot in DNG then.

The 'RAW' files on the CGO3+ are actually DNG (Digital Negative) this was a format that was designed by Adobe as a standard for RAW files available for all software developers to use. ( I am talking of the stills now)Unfortunately not all have. For stills and editing any RAW or DNG file the best (arguably) software is Lightroom. It is affordable and easy to learn to use.

However, there are free online DNG to JPEG converters if you need. The trouble is tou lose all the benefit of having shot in DNG then.
Thanks OTR !, I tried a couple and they seem to work iffy? But they load up many of the same raw pictures of the same pics, does Lightroom just bring one original dng raw up when it opens it?

The link I provided for the Able RAWer tool above is an OK conversion program allowing you to import/manipulate and convert your dng files to several different formats.

What is the next best thing to LightRoom? I've seen some comparisons and reviews of Elements, would that be worth the investment?

Thanks OTR !, I tried a couple and they seem to work iffy? But they load up many of the same raw pictures of the same pics, does Lightroom just bring one original dng raw up when it opens it?
Lightroom (if you check a particular box) will not import suspected duplicates, for instance if you left some old images on your sd card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval