Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need help with my leg.

RPR

Reaction score
Hello gang,

One of my strut’s is behaving erratically during flight earlier today, when I raise the struts, one would not go up, and when it does, seconds later it drops and goes into a limp.

I toggled on the strut knob 2 or 3 times until the movements of the struts was in sync back to normal.

On my last flight (4th battery) everything seemed to be working fine, and when I prep for landing both struts came down, and once the sUAS touches down, the problematic strut (left leg) went into a limp and tipped my TH Plus over. No major damage, but it left me confused.

Do I have a faulty strut servo?
Stripped gear in the locking mechanism?
Any ideas?

Hello gang,

One of my strut’s is behaving erratically during flight earlier today, when I raise the struts, one would not go up, and when it does, seconds later it drops and goes into a limp.

I toggled on the strut knob 2 or 3 times until the movements of the struts was in sync back to normal.

On my last flight (4th battery) everything seemed to be working fine, and when I prep for landing both struts came down, and once the sUAS touches down, the problematic strut (left leg) went into a limp and tipped my TH Plus over. No major damage, but it left me confused.

Do I have a faulty strut servo?
Stripped gear in the locking mechanism?
Any ideas?

Best guess is your servo is missing some teeth in the gear. It is pretty easy to detach and open up to make a visual inspection of the gears inside.

The Servo motors are geared, and even when power is removed mid position, the servo should stop where it is and not move, with only a small amount of backlash equaling about 1/4 ~ 3/8" of play at the bottom of the leg. When the servos reach their limit the motor continues for a moment to allow it to be held tight against the stop, removing the backlash and making them very solid when fully extended or retracted. The fact that yours goes limp suggests that the gears have a stripped section that won't always engage.

Good news is they are cheap, and any servo will work: H480, H Plus, H520. One of the few parts that is interchangeable across the H platform.

Reactions: Phaedrus and Grumpy
Lool every time I read this post headline I'm like dude go see a doctor :- )

On the typhoon H this anomaly sometimes happened and it was rebinding which did the trick.

This happened to me once, do you know what set off the struts to go up?

My guess would be the repeated reloading of software...but nothing but a guess...did you always rebind after updating or downgrading? I would suggest if you haven't you start doing it from now on and see if that remedies the problem...

Reactions: RPR
My guess would be the repeated reloading of software...but nothing but a guess...did you always rebind after updating or downgrading? I would suggest if you haven't you start doing it from now on and see if that remedies the problem...

When this happened, I was already working on a 3rd site . With each site, and out of habit, I calibrated the compass, and I was in the middle of calibration that the struts went up.

And luckily to date it never happened again, but I’ve always wondered.

On 480 and H plus, I completely dismounted the servos and put a mixture of grease and oil, I had some problems early on the 2 drones, since no blocking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20