Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bad Crash - Need Help

They're all in the flightlog subdirectory on the ST16. They're in comma-separated-value (.csv) format. You'll be best to use a file archiving program to archive them all into one file, and upload to the forum.

I've gotten the logs to send to Yuneec, so we'll see where that goes.
explain how to upload the telemetry files
If you have a .zip file that you are sending to Yuneec you can upload the same file here. Just click on the "Upload a File" button at the bottom right side of this window.
If you are uploading .csv files, then you need to add a .txt to the end of the file name so that it will upload. We need the .zip file or the tememetry and remote file from that flight.

I'm looking at other Telemetry charts, it looks like he had issues also. Yes no errors

what is error 128 , and where can I find these different codes and their meaning. I have a very shot list some one posted

some one made a list and they mentioned 64 is airport warning?

You are correct he was over by McChord AFB That's why he was unable to take off.

Yep, we actually bought the drone to photo a jobsite and didn't realize how close we were to McChord AFB / Fort Lewis. Add that to the list of numbskull things...that being said, we have many jobs and it was good to go on one of the others - at least until she nose dived into the asphalt.

Hi all, new to the forums and new pilot. I'll try to be concise but as accurate as possible. I bought a Typhoon H to take photos of my jobsites (I work in the construction industry) about 3 weeks ago. First practice flight in my neighborhood went well. First flight on the jobsite went well and got some amazing photos. I almost always flew it in SMART MODE to keep it straight until I was more experienced.

Friday I took it to the same jobsite to get some photos of our progress. Newly charged batteries, again, virtually new drone. I was showing a superintendent how to fly it by hovering it maybe 10-12 feet in front of us above the ground (asphalt paved road). I took my left hand off the control that gives vertical elevation and was explaining what that one did and then went to show him that your right hand moves the drone in the direction you want it to go. When I pushed "up" on the control to fly it away from me, it literally tipped up 90 degrees and flew into the ground! This was not a "new guy pushed the red button" error. The battery didn't die. It didn't suddenly drop, it literally raced into the ground and pretty much broke into 567 pieces.

So here's my question as a completely novice pilot. Is there a chance I had a setting selected inadvertently that could allow the drone to tip 90 degrees? I didn't think there was. I'd gone through the 2 batteries on both flights, so maybe an hour of flight time, but in that hour the drone never could tip over that far to move no matter how far you pushed the joystick. It always tips far enough to get horizontal movement but that's it? I was thinking maybe a prop issue, but again, it was hovering perfectly fine and there was no indication anything was wrong. I have no idea if the remote gave me an error message because I was looking at the drone and talking to my superintendent and without warning it was down. Any help or advice is really appreciated. Thanks!

Joe

So sorry to hear about your H. I never fly in smart mode. My H acted funny when I put it in that mode. I just chalked it up to me being a experienced flyer and my brain can't go backwards. Smart mode for a flyer is confusing enough. I like the technologies they use, but I'm a old school plane flyer. The less the bird does on it's on the better. I need most of the controls because I trust myself fully. Me and my Typhoon are still getting to know one another. I don't fully trust her yet. She hasn't done anything, I just know from experience that things go wrong in this hobby. Good luck with yuneec, I hear they are pretty good in the customer service dept.

Something similar happened to me yesterday. I was setting up to do my very last shoot of a golf course job. I had gone off site to get a nearby river in the frame. I was on a very unusual wood deck/dock configuration with limited space. When I launch in angle mode I backed up and lost focus and must have put it in Smart mode unknowingly. I saw the green light but forgot what that meant! I struggled to keep control. I thought it was possessed! I had water 10 feet away. Anyways it went into a small tree and luckily just lost 3 props. After reading this post I now believe I was inside this Smart mode fence. Live and learn! Using the Q500 4 K.
Yeah I hear you. Screw that smart mode. I thinks it handicaps new flyers. It wires your brain to fly that way. That's why experienced flyers fly in angle only. Once I flipped that switch and I went from calm to nervous. The H wasn't responding like I anticipated. The smart mode was throwing me off. So I can see where even a new guy could get confused. I only put smart mode on when I need the H to do a cable curve.

Reactions: Rayray
Unrelated, mostly...
But not really...
Does anyone have the chart on the status and error bits? This is one thing I haven't seemed to be able to find.
Thanks.

Stoopid me... I already have that, and didn't realize it had the info in there pertaining to the flight mode and error status bits. Thanks, Ty!

Thx Ty, looks like I'm going to need a video class on this. Is there one?

On an interesting note I met this morning with FAA Officials at Orlando Regional office. They have a team of 30 Duty Officers who are responsible for those who do not have authorization to perform flight in areas that are regulated. When someone files complaint it must be observed by a Duty Officer in order to be enforceable. Still the Duty Office will write up a report and send it to the person or persons in wrong with a warning. But if unable to locate person or persons then nothing can be done. We discussed many other issues including FAR 101 to be in compliant with 107, I got lost on that subject so now I'll have do do some research. Once I'm finished in Houston I would like to work with the FAA on matters other than what was discussed today. There was an interest in some of my proposals. Please excuse my punctuation, and grammar I blame my younger years living in Germany. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis