Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bad Crash - Need Help

You're welcome AH. Yeah when you get back I like to hear some stories from your experiences.
As for the video on that program, there may be one but I haven't seen one yet.

In regards to Smart Mode; there is a way to turn it off and make it so that both the first and second switch position are both Angle and the third remains RTH. Its a simple software value adjustment much like I did in the Rate Curves video so it is easy to do this mod and then return to the three modes if one needs to. Turn Smart Mode Off

Reactions: pete c
You're welcome AH. Yeah when you get back I like to hear some stories from your experiences.
As for the video on that program, there may be one but I haven't seen one yet.
Ah, just got an email to stick around I might be working for FEMA, Florida area. Won't know for 48 + hours depending on devastation.

Hi all, new to the forums and new pilot. I'll try to be concise but as accurate as possible. I bought a Typhoon H to take photos of my jobsites (I work in the construction industry) about 3 weeks ago. First practice flight in my neighborhood went well. First flight on the jobsite went well and got some amazing photos. I almost always flew it in SMART MODE to keep it straight until I was more experienced.

Friday I took it to the same jobsite to get some photos of our progress. Newly charged batteries, again, virtually new drone. I was showing a superintendent how to fly it by hovering it maybe 10-12 feet in front of us above the ground (asphalt paved road). I took my left hand off the control that gives vertical elevation and was explaining what that one did and then went to show him that your right hand moves the drone in the direction you want it to go. When I pushed "up" on the control to fly it away from me, it literally tipped up 90 degrees and flew into the ground! This was not a "new guy pushed the red button" error. The battery didn't die. It didn't suddenly drop, it literally raced into the ground and pretty much broke into 567 pieces.

So here's my question as a completely novice pilot. Is there a chance I had a setting selected inadvertently that could allow the drone to tip 90 degrees? I didn't think there was. I'd gone through the 2 batteries on both flights, so maybe an hour of flight time, but in that hour the drone never could tip over that far to move no matter how far you pushed the joystick. It always tips far enough to get horizontal movement but that's it? I was thinking maybe a prop issue, but again, it was hovering perfectly fine and there was no indication anything was wrong. I have no idea if the remote gave me an error message because I was looking at the drone and talking to my superintendent and without warning it was down. Any help or advice is really appreciated. Thanks!

Joe
I think this whole weekend there is a solar flare that's causing allot of drones to just drop out of the sky? At least that was something I heard on a yuneec blog site

I think this whole weekend there is a solar flare that's causing allot of drones to just drop out of the sky? At least that was something I heard on a yuneec blog site
There was a massive solar flare a couple of days ago and the Kp index has been volatile this last few days. Indeed, yesterday I saw Kp=8 at one stage (anything at or above Kp=5 is considered to be a storm). Spectacular Northern Lights, though:)

There was a massive solar flare a couple of days ago and the Kp index has been volatile this last few days. Indeed, yesterday I saw Kp=8 at one stage (anything at or above Kp=5 is considered to be a storm). Spectacular Northern Lights, though:)
Wish I could see them! can't from socal

Wish I could see them! can't from socal
Well, generally speaking where I live (10 miles NE of Manchester, England), we don't get to see them. Not unless they are particularly strong as they were this last couple of days. I live in a place that is normally outside of the range of viewing, so to speak, but I also live in a place that is at the very edge of the urban sprawl so not as light polluted as most places (I live on the edge of the Pennnine range), so when the lights are viewable beyond normal range then I sometimes get to see the display. Look at this link...
Northern Lights could be visible over UK this weekend

Well, generally speaking where I live (10 miles NE of Manchester, England), we don't get to see them. Not unless they are particularly strong as they were this last couple of days. I live in a place that is normally outside of the range of viewing, so to speak, but I also live in a place that is at the very edge of the urban sprawl so not as light polluted as most places (I live on the edge of the Pennnine range), so when the lights are viewable beyond normal range then I sometimes get to see the display. Look at this link...
Northern Lights could be visible over UK this weekend
England? How are things there? see lot's of not great news lately.

England? How are things there? see lot's of not great news lately.
Not too bad. At least we don't get pummeled by hurricanes. It's been very wet around where I live for the last week, though, and we are expecting 75MPH winds tonight. Not been able to get an aircraft in the air for the last 10 days because of the weather:(

In the news it's all about Brexit, North Korea, and the latest tweets from Donald Trump.

Anyone know what the Part 107 commercial license costs?

$150.00 is what is charged to file and take the tests. The aeronautical knowledge test must be taken at an FAA approved testing center, and carries the test and filing fee. That you are asking about the fee suggests you need to learn a lot more about the 107 process and the regulations associated with it before thinking about taking the test.

Not too bad. At least we don't get pummeled by hurricanes. It's been very wet around where I live for the last week, though, and we are expecting 75MPH winds tonight. Not been able to get an aircraft in the air for the last 10 days because of the weather:(

In the news it's all about Brexit, North Korea, and the latest tweets from Donald Trump.
They were smart to get out of that. North Korea a saga of past bad leadership. (Democrats) Trump has to tweet its the only way you get what he says without the fake media twisting every word he says. Bummer about the wind! Its sunny here not much wind hopefully I get my camera straightened out today!

Reactions: kd4pbs
They were smart to get out of that. North Korea a saga of past bad leadership. (Democrats) Trump has to tweet its the only way you get what he says without the fake media twisting every word he says.

Best not advertise very much debatable political convictions in this forum.

$150.00 is what is charged to file and take the tests. The aeronautical knowledge test must be taken at an FAA approved testing center, and carries the test and filing fee. That you are asking about the fee suggests you need to learn a lot more about the 107 process and the regulations associated with it before thinking about taking the test.
I bought a test prep book not as simple of a test as i thought.

Update for anyone still interested below.

Email back from Yuneec after sending them the flight logs:

"Thank you for your patience. We have concluded your flight log review and can see that your unit experienced power loss shortly after taking off. You will receive a repair authorization and shipping label for warranty repair in separate emails. If we can help you with anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know."

So it seems that they believe something was sideways and are going to get it fixed...kudos to them for standing by their product in this instance...

Ok I have added .txt to the end of my file and it's saying the upload file does not have an allowed extension any help would be good as it flashed up engine failure will be contacting yuneec UK in the morning

Ok I have added .txt to the end of my file and it's saying the upload file does not have an allowed extension any help would be good as it flashed up engine failure will be contacting yuneec UK in the morning
Copy the name of the file here the way it reads before you added the .txt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace