Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Avatar

Reaction score
For all of you that are old enough to remember Felix the Cat, I am dedicating this to you all so as to be able to pull the Typhoon H out of my "Magic Bag of Tricks" for you all to have immediately! Razzle Dazzle Dizzle DooH !!!

For all of you that are old enough to remember Felix the Cat, I am dedicating this to you all so as to be able to pull the Typhoon H out of my "Magic Bag of Tricks" for you all to have immediately! Razzle Dazzle Dizzle DooH !!!
Wait! What about the Master Cylinder??

Ok DC, your avatar is what you choose...but I sure liked and appreciated your former one. It had dignity and history; not sure if it was a photo of a relative who served our country or a young you ( doesn't look like a military uniform of your generation). I haven't been on the forum long enough to have read of its history if you had previously mentioned how it came Into being. Miss the old one...felt like I was communticating with an authority figure!

Reactions: DroneClone
Ok DC, your avatar is what you choose...but I sure liked and appreciated your former one. It had dignity and history; not sure if it was a photo of a relative who served our country or a young you ( doesn't look like a military uniform of your generation). I haven't been on the forum long enough to have read of its history if you had previously mentioned how it came Into being. Miss the old one...felt like I was communticating with an authority figure!
My Dad is going back on, WW2 Iwo Gima, Purple Heart and distinquished serviceman's award for bravery. I feel guilty too, removing him with Felix the Cat. Thanks! Salute to you Dad!

Reactions: horizontal
My Dad is going back on, WW2 Iwo Gima, Purple Heart and distinquished serviceman's award for bravery. I feel guilty too, removing him with Felix the Cat. Thanks! Salute to you Dad!
Hey DroneClone. We must be about the same age. My dad served as an anti-aircraft gunner on the USS Saratoga from late 1943 to the end of the war. He survived of course, but most of his buddies didn't. At least my Dad didn't have to storm the beach at Iwo Gima...geez! He had to deal with the Kamikazis, but I can imagine that would have been preferred duty to storming the beaches. He's gone now...still my hero.

While we are on the subject of fathers who served in the Armed Services and who were members of the greatest generation (and passing the time until we get our H's), my father was a member of the Army Air Corps in WWII (predecessor of the modern Air Force) who taught pilots how to use the aerial machine guns and armament. Fortunately he was needed to stay stateside and did not have to go to foreign shores to fight. I wish I had inquired more of his time in service as that cannot ever be recaptured once these vets were gone.

While we are on the subject of fathers who served in the Armed Services and who were members of the greatest generation (and passing the time until we get our H's), my father was a member of the Army Air Corps in WWII (predecessor of the modern Air Force) who taught pilots how to use the aerial machine guns and armament. Fortunately he was needed to stay stateside and did not have to go to foreign shores to fight. I wish I had inquired more of his time in service as that cannot ever be recaptured once these vets were gone.
Amen !

I was going to ask who the man was; figured it was your father or someone related.
My dad was on Guadalcanal for 18 months.
I could never fill their shoes.

You made the right choice.

Reactions: DroneClone
I was going to ask who the man was; figured it was your father or someone related.
My dad was on Guadalcanal for 18 months.
I could never fill their shoes.

You made the right choice.
I feel better already! and I know he's looking down with a BIG smile on his face!:)

Reactions: JohnL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval