Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New battery arriving today!

Reaction score
Hey all:

I only had one (stock) battery for my H, so I ordered a new one. They sure aren't cheap that's for sure, but worth it to me for the extra time. I've heard some mention having to recalibrate because of a higher MAH... What does this have to do with recalibration if the volts remain the same? Will I have to recalibrate or won't know till I launch and test? BTW, I ordered GiFi since I have been impressed with the one in my Q500 4K. No, I don't expect more than 15 minutes of flight time. I don't believe everything I read LOL....... But, I know they work good.

Thanks.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 24
Nope, there is no recalibration of anything due to a higher Mah pack. It is also widely suspected that the actual Mah rating of the stock Typhoon H battery is much higher than what the label says and perhaps the Mah rating of some aftermarket batteries are a little lower than advertised. On a warm day a new battery should get you to around 18 minutes before the first warning then you're good-to-go. ;)

Reactions: TyphoonAddict
Nope, there is no recalibration of anything due to a higher Mah pack. It is also widely suspected that the actual Mah rating of the stock Typhoon H battery is much higher than what the label says and perhaps the Mah rating of some aftermarket batteries are a little lower than advertised. On a warm day a new battery should get you to around 18 minutes before the first warning then you're good-to-go. ;)
Awesome, thanks!

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Keep an eye on the contacts on the gifi battery. best is to say handle them gently check for them being loose. A very few have reported problems but constant checks should keep you safe. KC

I have one gifi that just won't connect to the dy3 and I have inspected the bottom and everything looks kosher so just dunno. Lesson learned, try these items as soon as you receive them so you know then if they are faulty or not. No problem with the other one.

That was meant as a reminder to me more than you .
I have one gifi that just won't connect to the dy3 and I have inspected the bottom and everything looks kosher so just dunno. Lesson learned, try these items as soon as you receive them so you know then if they are faulty or not. No problem with the other one.

Hey all:

I only had one (stock) battery for my H, so I ordered a new one. They sure aren't cheap that's for sure, but worth it to me for the extra time. I've heard some mention having to recalibrate because of a higher MAH... What does this have to do with recalibration if the volts remain the same? Will I have to recalibrate or won't know till I launch and test? BTW, I ordered GiFi since I have been impressed with the one in my Q500 4K. No, I don't expect more than 15 minutes of flight time. I don't believe everything I read LOL....... But, I know they work good.

Thanks.
Hi, I just got two of the exact same batteries on Amazon and they both failed the balance test. And the company hasn’t responded to the refund request yet, I have to submit a claim

With GiFi it is pretty much a good thing to inspect the battery very well when you receive it. Keep a very close eye on the IR and balancing of the cells for at least the first 20 charge cycles in case there are undesired anomalies. Be prepared to spend several weeks working a claim if there is an issue with the battery.

Hey all:

Thanks.
I have the same batt. with OB off in angle mode I get over 20 minutes. Word of caution....I dropped it and the covers seperated! I glued them back together and it has performed flawlessly. My OEM batts are built like tanks but are puffed. I only use them to calibrate and warm up the motors on cold days! Good luck!

I'm going to maybe get a couple of the GiFi's for my H, so be sure to post your results,
How are you charging them, aftermarket charger or stock ?

I'm going to maybe get a couple of the GiFi's for my H, so be sure to post your results,
How are you charging them, aftermarket charger or stock ?
I'm not so satisfied of GIFI batteries, i've one but capacity is not really the one on the sticker, it lasts less than OEM batteries even if it's bigger (6900 mAh).
Flight time is shorter than OEM (12 minutes vs. 16 minutes)
I use a SkyRC Q200 charger, much better than stock one, it has much more functions as i.e., internal resistance metering and storage program, that is a must have for keeping in best conditions your batteries when not in use.
EDIT: flight times referred to Typhoon H

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
All righty then, fully charged 7500 Gifi's flew my Q500 for 18 min each, and one for 25min's not carrying the camera,

All charged on a dual port aftermarket charger.

I think I could discribe it this way, first off the Racon build looks sooo fast,,,,, 17.6mph, that's it, up to max alt several time long assents cyclone / toilet bowl back to about twenty feet then back up in a cork screw, btw, that's 17 6 mph,,,,,,,,,,

I could describe it as flying the Hindenburg with a camera on it, and there was no performance improvement flying wise, more fun with the camera on.

On topic, the GiFi's I have are nearly a year old 7500mah,
I bought them when I did my Racon air frame project, they've been in the drone kit in storage, I use the Lectron Pro ACDC D200, it's a dual port 10amp charger, took about an hour & 20min to charge two at once at 7.5 amps, they got maybe 10°F hotter during charging, and warm enough after the flights to be comfortable in my hands....... it was cold out there so that was nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter b
I guess for you to understand what I meant by "I could describe it as flying the Hindenburg with a camera on it, and there was no performance improvement flying wise, more fun with the camera on."

I had just been flying a smaller, quicker, more agile drone.

When I go out to fly for the day I'll take along several different drones and I'm more of a flying hobbyist, I like to pilot different types that have different characteristics.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great responses! I have enjoyed my gifi so far and it's well worth the extra minutes of flying for that perfect video and photo session. So far so good. Always remember to let your batteries cool down before recharging if you want to avoid one less problem. Heat kills!

Absolutely let them cool, these large brick packs are well insulated inside the crash box, the crash box is the plastic housing around the cells,
Anyway it takes at least 6 hours for the brick to cool down in the center, I charge either the night before or early morning before I go out, the pack gets used to the "Low Battery" warning once, then cools till the next day before getting either recharged for flight or storage.
One charge per fly day, there's no reason to risk the results of one of these packs going south on ya.
These Typhoons are fun to fly, like driving the Hindenburg compared to an Air 2, and that's not a bad thing at all, just a different flight characteristic.

Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval