Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New camera - CGOET is coming soon... RGB low light & infrared cam

Reaction score
Looks like Yuneec is also taking care about the industrial sector, the specifications and first impressions shown on the IFA in Germany are looking good so far. Hopefully the quality/capability is at least as fine as promised. Various applications are possible with this kind of equipment - solar inspections - search&rescue - building thermography...

CGOET-Yuneec.png

Some specifications are visible in the left-hand background.
Field of view (diagonal): 71°
Field of view (horizontal): 56°
Sensitivity: < 50mK
Thermal camera: uncooled VOx microbolometer
Pixelsize: 12 µm
LWIR (longwave infrared): 8-14 µm
Frame rate: 9 Hz
Picture format: JPG & TIFF
Video format: MP4
Temperature compensation: automatic
Temperature range: -10° to +180°

The German interview below...

Should be interesting what kind of cameras Yuneec comes out with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to see those cameras will have a considerably reduced field of view over current camera, this of course means less distortion and the ability to fly further away from objects in the scene and still get good detail.

Looks good .... will definitely be looking at getting one of these .... as long as the price isn't too high :p.

Cheers :cool:

I just hope they have not cheapskated too much and omitted the features needed for serious work. Flir lead the way and hopefully Yuneec are producing to a decent spec. The narrower FOV seems a good idea after the COG3+ lens decision.

Reactions: OzCougar
TIFF is a raw format.
Well yes and no, RAW data has not been processed into a usable image until it is rendered into a usable image such as Tiff or Jpeg.
I believe RAW data has the advantage of a larger native colour space and potentially greater bit depth.
RAW image data supports non destructive editing whereas most editing done to Tiff files cannot be undone once saved.
At least that is my understanding of it. Many cameras had a Tiff format in the early days of digital but this has largely been phased out.

Dont get me wrong, after initial RAW editing I always save my images in Tiff format, but they are not quite the same thing imo

Reactions: abinder
Well yes and no, RAW data has not been processed into a usable image until it is rendered into a usable image such as Tiff or Jpeg.
I believe RAW data has the advantage of a larger native colour space and potentially greater bit depth.
RAW image data supports non destructive editing whereas most editing done to Tiff files cannot be undone once saved.
At least that is my understanding of it. Many cameras had a Tiff format in the early days of digital but this has largely been phased out.

Dont get me wrong, after initial RAW editing I always save my images in Tiff format, but they are not quite the same thing imo

I imagine a thermal camera doesn't need to worry about native colour space or high bit depths - what you get out of the camera is what you get out of the camera - so an uncompressed image format will preserve everything that you need to preserve with the advantage that you can view it without any further conversion.

Reactions: abinder
I imagine a thermal camera doesn't need to worry about native colour space or high bit depths - what you get out of the camera is what you get out of the camera - so an uncompressed image format will preserve everything that you need to preserve with the advantage that you can view it without any further conversion.
Good point, I was forgetting this was a thermal imaging camera

Looks like Yuneec is also taking care about the industrial sector, the specifications and first impressions shown on the IFA in Germany are looking good so far. Hopefully the quality/capability is at least as fine as promised. Various applications are possible with this kind of equipment - solar inspections - search&rescue - building thermography...

All true, even farming, and electrical equipment, lines, transformers, etc.

Personally, I'm waiting for an affordable zoom lens cam, which I believe will not be too long in coming.

I just hope they have not cheapskated too much and omitted the features needed for serious work. Flir lead the way and hopefully Yuneec are producing to a decent spec. The narrower FOV seems a good idea after the COG3+ lens decision.

prepare to be disappointed m8

Makes sense. Get into a segment where focus isn't as important as it is in videography and photography. :D

Makes sense. Get into a segment where focus isn't as important as it is in videography and photography. :D

trouble with this camera is the resolution is so poor at 160 that you would have to be fairly close up to get any meaningfil resolution for a lot of applications, which for an aerial platform can be challening, and the price I have seen on the yuneec facebook groups........whoaahhhh not on my shopping list

Well, obviously they need to get out of any market segment where achieving focus is a requirement.

Genuine question - are the focus issues any better with newer machines? It seemed like early machines were much more variable (though thankfully mine seems pretty good) - are things improving.

Dunno. Not seeing much criticism of it in threads lately, one must assess that they have gotten this under control in QC. If it were still as bad as the first few batches were, I would think people would be raising **** and they obviously aren't anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval