Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New E50 and E90 Cameras

Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone know whether the new cameras are compatible with the Typhoon H ?

As of this time NO.
While they may physically mate to the H, not sure if firmware in the ST-16 is set up to control them.
Still waiting for them to come up with a zoom camera (10x or better) for the H or any other Yuneec.

Last time I heard anything about them the word was that they would eventually be made compatible with the H...but not straight away. It'll be some time after they are initially launched with the H520.

I w
As of this time NO.
While they may physically mate to the H, not sure if firmware in the ST-16 is set up to control them.
Still waiting for them to come up with a zoom camera (10x or better) for the H or any other Yuneec.
I would really love to get my hands on one of the V18's.

Buy a 920 and you can have zoom now. The problem for most with that is it is more than they are willing to pay. The same problem will be found with the new cameras, just at a smaller scale.

I would be willing to pay the extra for a good quality zoom, but for me the 920 is too big for my needs. The H ticks nearly all the boxes. The cameras are the weak link from a commercial/business use point of view. I have 2 H's, and not wanting at this stage to change to the new 520, so hoping that the new cameras will be compatible with the H sooner rather than later.

I too wish for a zoom without going for the 920. In the meantime, I actually own an H and three Breezes. Don't ask why, just know that I need a back-up for the non-commercial filming I'm doing. With the right editing software, I am able to "zoom" in on video clips as long as the Breeze is steady (no wind). Once I am comfortable enough with the H in the air, I will use it more often because it will provide better video using the gimble.

I will be the first in line for future zoom capabilities from Yuneec

I'm curious if anyone has tried bolting the E50 onto a Typhoon H. It is so similar in design to the CGO3+, there may be a slim chance of it working. The only real difference I can see is the focal length of the lens.

I'm curious if anyone has tried bolting the E50 onto a Typhoon H. It is so similar in design to the CGO3+, there may be a slim chance of it working. The only real difference I can see is the focal length of the lens.
Hello I'm from Germany and I have modified successful a cgo3 + into a perfect working E 50
for use with Typhoon H have a look at my prototype here.

Regards from Germany M.C.
20190127_134333.jpeg20190127_134344.jpeg

Very clever, mibcam. Is the gimbal able to hold the camera steady enough in flight? My experience with a 35mm equivalent (6mm focal length) was some unsteadiness of the image. Do you have some examples of video taken with this camera/lens setup?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guardianangelstowing