Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New England sites

Reaction score
I think I’m the only person posting vids anymore, lol. I enjoy watching other people’s videos, wish there were more.

Anyway, here’s a very weird one I made from places I’m RI, MA and CT. This definetly isn’t for everyone and the music is pretty weird but I tried some new things, a bunch of new things actually. Think I got an ok Dolly-cam type shot of the guy on top of RI state house, that was hard to do in the wind and kept coming out shaky. Also did a lot of speed up/down edits to go with music.

Hope the subject matter is interesting, and hope you enjoy it. Its difficult to get pretty shots in the new England winter with everything dead and grey, but I tried to get colors. It’s also my hope that the flying and editing is getting progressively better, and not the other way. Trying to get away from the straight forwards/backwards type shots every clip but it’s hard.

Listening with headphones also really screws up the audio/clip relationship unfortunately.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
I think I’m the only person posting vids anymore, lol. I enjoy watching other people’s videos, wish there were more.

Anyway, here’s a very weird one I made from places I’m RI, MA and CT. This definetly isn’t for everyone and the music is pretty weird but I tried some new things, a bunch of new things actually. Think I got an ok Dolly-cam type shot of the guy on top of RI state house, that was hard to do in the wind and kept coming out shaky. Also did a lot of speed up/down edits to go with music.

Hope the subject matter is interesting, and hope you enjoy it. Its difficult to get pretty shots in the new England winter with everything dead and grey, but I tried to get colors. It’s also my hope that the flying and editing is getting progressively better, and not the other way. Trying to get away from the straight forwards/backwards type shots every clip but it’s hard.

Listening with headphones also really screws up the audio/clip relationship unfortunately.

Enjoy.

I'm enjoying watching how you have progressed from your first to now. New info for you, always try to be aware of where the shadow of your UAV is. Your tracking has really improved as to how straight your shots are getting. A dolly shot is really hard to do and you nailed it. Well done.

I'm enjoying watching how you have progressed from your first to now. New info for you, always try to be aware of where the shadow of your UAV is. Your tracking has really improved as to how straight your shots are getting. A dolly shot is really hard to do and you nailed it. Well done.

Thanks so much Murray, and thanks for all the pointers and advice you’ve given, very helpful.

You are making me home sick. Do you have something against n.h.? Lol. I was born and raised there.

Enjoy.

Cool vid and the music wasn't too out there. As a pilot and 107 rated, I'm always thinking authorities....most states have rules on flying around government buildings and, of course the 107 restriction over people, even in moving vehicles....while we all may have skirted the edge from time to time, just need to be aware of this until the FAA approves flying over people unless you had a approved exception. Good stuff, though.

Reactions: Rubik
You are making me home sick. Do you have something against n.h.? Lol. I was born and raised there.

I’m trying to get up there but anything interesting is a few hours from me, soon enough. I’d love to get up to mr Washington soon.

Cool vid and the music wasn't too out there. As a pilot and 107 rated, I'm always thinking authorities....most states have rules on flying around government buildings and, of course the 107 restriction over people, even in moving vehicles....while we all may have skirted the edge from time to time, just need to be aware of this until the FAA approves flying over people unless you had a approved exception. Good stuff, though.

In regards to the CT capitol, I spoke with one of the maintenance guys and he was out there with me. I always talk to someone before I fly over buildings, whether he had the authority to allow it I don’t know, but I always give myself an out. I’ve had relative success knocking on doors and asking the owners or maintenance staff. This wasn’t my first talk with maintence folks either, in all my instances they’ve always been friendly, interested and have never said “no”. I usually tell them I’ll only be there for 5 minutes and just flying over the building real quick.

For city shots I always try and fly over stretches of land, water, sidewalks etc. if going over streets I wait for a break in traffic, sometimes a car will sneak in there while I’m up flying though.

That said, I’ll admit I’ve bent the rules a bit here and there, I think many of us have. I’ve never taken a risk I thought was way out of bounds or just threw caution to the wind.

Appreciate the advice.

Reactions: Mike Irish

Enjoy.

what was the music? Like listening to good stereo and that did the trick. I also see great improvement and work in your vids. Dolly movement can be a real art.

Sounds like you did your due diligence. It’s tough to avoid the random vehicle or pedestrian. Any Govt buildings probably require a more official approval, though.

Reactions: phoonflyer
Any Govt buildings probably require a more official approval, though.
Flying from their property maybe, but if there is no TFR or Restricted Area that encompasses the airspace above them there is no problem. If the charts look like Washington D.C., then you are hosed. If the city is like NYC, then you have no place inside the city to launch and fly from.

The toll road is always good for the nerves. Have you done that?
I’m trying to get up there but anything interesting is a few hours from me, soon enough. I’d love to get up to mr Washington soon.

In georgia that fly over would have triggered a scramble!!!?
Great video! I wish my H filled me with as much confidence as yours does! Sheesh!!!

It wouldn't be open in the winter for tourists but who knows. Yes I have driven up the toll road a few times and once past the treeline don't ever look anywhere except the road. Apparently there has never been an accident which is hard to believe. There are turn around points every mile. The last time we drove up my wife had a full blown panic attack and we had to turn back. If you are allowed to fly from there, there are endless possibilities for incredible videos. Oh yeah don't take the cog railway. It's weird. If you do drive the road don't use a car wider than a toothpick.

Reactions: Done-guy
I envy you because I would have brought a drone with me a year ago last oct. When I finally got back there actually Vermont to see the foliage I took for granted growing up but I went to Montreal and saw the laws are a real pain. The mini would have been perfect for my needs which didn't arrive until dec. Keep making awesome videos, love them!!

Reactions: Done-guy
Hi there,

Amazing video love the mirror affects cool, looks so good.

Have to ask how on earth did you get the shoots in the town in-between all the buildings ,which leads me on to how far away where you for that part of the video ??....

T ??

I was thinking that also. I admire this part so much. The video for me is dessert and will never be like these.
Hi there,

Amazing video love the mirror affects cool, looks so good.

Have to ask how on earth did you get the shoots in the town in-between all the buildings ,which leads me on to how far away where you for that part of the video ??....

T [emoji6][emoji106]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval