Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New firmware alive

updated H to (E) Version, before i tried (A) but the Camera still shows (E).
Clear the SD card before using (completly!) but the .bin on it and try again.

If you don't use the SD card included with the Typhoon H for the firmware update, be aware that using a card with too large a capacity can cause problems. If the card has a capacity greater than 32GB and is formatted using exFAT instead of FAT32, the firmware can't be found.

hint: I just find out, that you don't need a micro sd card to update the st-16:
It's also possible to copy the update file directly into the root of the internal flash of the st-16 via usb-cable.
No trouble with the format of the micro-sd card any more :)
And it's even a little bit faster while installing :)
Did you just copy the uncompressed zip file to the root directory. Tried that and all I get is update package not found.
Thanks

Update: I renamed the file from .zip to .yuneec and it worked reading off the micro SD card.

Last edited:
be sure is really completly empty and put the ".bin" file at the root directory (no other folder...)
After updating (unzipping...) the cgo3 deletes everything! So for another try it have to be cleared aso.

Nope, I think its a conspiracy by Yuneec. They've done some testing and now want some beta testing performed. BUT rather spend their time and money on Beta Testing, they figure they'd let the firmware leak. Let those "anxious" few, download and Beta test it for them.

Then they'll wait and monitor the forums and read the results from their unknowing Beta Testers. After a test period if all goes well, they release the upgrade. IF it tanks and "H's" are falling out of the sky, they go back and re-work the firmware. And those unfortunate people who downloaded this unsupported version and crashed their "H"? Oh well Yuneec isn't responsible cause it wasn't an "OFFICIAL" firmware version.... ;)

so you think china would destroy all the H drone:D

下载 - Yuneec

Reactions: BillyTexas
Nope, I think its a conspiracy by Yuneec. They've done some testing and now want some beta testing performed. BUT rather spend their time and money on Beta Testing, they figure they'd let the firmware leak. Let those "anxious" few, download and Beta test it for them.

Then they'll wait and monitor the forums and read the results from their unknowing Beta Testers. After a test period if all goes well, they release the upgrade. IF it tanks and "H's" are falling out of the sky, they go back and re-work the firmware. And those unfortunate people who downloaded this unsupported version and crashed their "H"? Oh well Yuneec isn't responsible cause it wasn't an "OFFICIAL" firmware version.... ;)
Thats great!

Bill W.

I'm waiting too, but that dog won't hunt as we say in the south. The file is posted on their site, links or not. Without a disclaimer, they don't have a legal leg to stand on. Not in the US anyway.

Your being sarcastic right? :confused:

The dialog goes something like this:

Judge: Did the file come from you?
Yuneec: Yes, but...
Judge interrupts: No buts. Did it come from you or not?
Yuneec: Yes, your Honor.
Judge: Did you tell anybody you were not responsible if they used it?
Yuneec: Well no, your Honor, but...
Judge: Then you're responsible. Adjourned.

Reactions: martins
updated H to (E) Version, before i tried (A) but the Camera still shows (E).
Clear the SD card before using (completly!) but the .bin on it and try again.

I would upgrade H European version by mistake update the American ,
always fails and does not make me upgrade, how can I fix this problem ,
THANK YOU.

I've seen firmware/software updates altered without revisions before the final release over the years. There still may be a few minor things being changed that have nothing to do with causing a crash. No need to be a smart ***.

And no need to be a dumb-***. The winky emoji means its a joke.... Lighten up Francis!

I've seen firmware/software updates altered without revisions before the final release over the years. There still may be a few minor things being changed that have nothing to do with causing a crash. No need to be a smart ***.

And no need to be a dumb-***. The winky emoji means its a joke.... Lighten up Francis!
I can take it as well as give it out, but just don't see the need to throw out insults and then others pile on and then invoke the "it's only a joke" meme.

Seriously, what do you think the "winking eye" emoji means?
You get the last word. It's not a big deal, but there have been flame wars started with a "winking eye" many times here, then the admin steps in.

Okay, got the ST16 and H updated. Will
Try a test flight tomorrow. Noticed that you have to reset the RTH height each time you start the controller. It defaults to around 60ft. Makes sense since your flying area could have changed.

Okay, got the ST16 and H updated. Will
Try a test flight tomorrow. Noticed that you have to reset the RTH height each time you start the controller. It defaults to around 60ft. Makes sense since your flying area could have changed.

Mine remembers the set RTH Jom, remember you have to have the RC and H connected so that they can talk to each other with its saved settings.

..ye sure you right will email yuneec and tell howto protect download area :) that no one will download before they link to website:) soon we have here ""Conspiracy Theory"" thats maybe ""Putin"" released this firmware and making Cold War .....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surmount13