Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HOWTO: Update E, F, J, K to Standard (A) firmware, if latest version is already installed (v3.04)

[QUOTE="Today I flew after the change of region from E to A.
I did not notice, unfortunately, any changes in terms of power, range.
Everything remained about the same as it was ...
I'm afraid that more talk than real power changes ...[/QUOTE]

Who knows, you may be correct. I have yet to try it. All I know is that I have read that the EU requires a lower power level for transmissions. I certainly know this to be true for wifi routers so I would expect the same to go for the TH and ST16 as well. Personally, I found a setting in my routers firmware that allowed me to switch between "normal" and EU settings. The "normal settings increase the reception range by about 30%.

As I understand the discussion - it is required to "open" the firmware, to find the points of change in the power of the video link - E / A, to understand whether it is possible to make inseminations to the maximum allowable data of the modality of the video link transmission, in order to increase the range of its reception, without loss of video link.

At the same time, find in the firmware configuration points responsible for the limitations of the speed of ascent and descent.

I now do not understand, so you have already opened the firmware or not?

This issue and this problem has been hanging for a long time, but .. only users of drones DJI have results on the firmware opening.

скорость посадки очень маленькая
скорость посадки 4 м\сек - по умолчанию. При использовании приема спуска - "падение листьев" - можно увеличить до 5-6 м\сек..

а меня так и не получилось установить. ошибка на 90 процентах. ошибка сжатия камеры

[QUOTE = "B Scott, post: 125103, участник: 8305"] Ну, это что-то хотя бы. Я обычно засыпаю, ожидая связи. :)[/ QUOTE]
Yes, it really was very slow before the firmware was changed. I always thought that there was a problem. Until I found out that this is the case with everyone with firmware E.
Now more or less normal, you can not fall asleep!

I finally found a solution to update the firmware of the CGO3+ from Europe (E), Australia / New Zealand (F), Japan (J) or Korea / Indonesia (K) to the Standard (A) version, if you have already the the same version installed.

tl;dr: I uploaded the already patched firmware files, which you can flash directly. Please follow the easy Howto below.

For detailed infos about the patching itself, please have a look at the end of this post.

How to update with the patched firmware from E, F, J or K to A

Update prerequisites

First you have to check, if your installed versions from Gimbal, AutoPilot and Camera matches with the versions below (check "System Settings" -> "About Controller" on your ST16).

Latest firmware version: 3.04
  • Gimbal V1.25
  • AutoPilot V1.35
  • Camera V3.2.34
If the versions match, you can proceed with the update steps below.

Download links
If you want to revert to E, F, J or K (e.g. when returning to Yuneec for repair), please use one of this firmwares:
Update steps
  1. Download the patched firmware from the download link above.
  2. Copy the downloaded file in the root directory of your SD card.
  3. Insert SD card into the CGO3+ and power on the Typhoon H and the ST16.
  4. After the CGO3+ is connected (and you have a live stream on the screen) select "System Settings" -> "About Controller" and hit the second "UPDATE" button (Typhoon-H section).
  5. Now the files will be decompressed and the CGO3+ is updated.
  6. Wait until the process is done and you get a "Please restart aircraft" message. The CGO3+ is now blinking purple and after a few seconds the camera shuts down. The LED of the CGO3+ should be off then.
  7. Power off the Typhoon H and start it again.
  8. Now you have the A version installed. You can verify that in the "About Controller" screen on the ST16.
Firmware patching batch script (for Windows users)

If you want to create your own patched firmware (and don't want to use my prepatched firmware file), you can use my Windows batch script, which do the needed steps automatically for you.

The Zip contains a Windows batch script (.cmd) and the needed tools (unzip, zip and md5). And no, there is no Virus, Trojan or something else inside :) But of course you can scan these files on virustotal.com, before you use the script.

How to use the batch script
  1. Download the A version (TyphoonH_Ver3.04_A.bin) firmware from the Yuneec Homepage.
  2. Download the attached Zip file in this thread post.
  3. Unpack the Zip file and put the downloaded firmware (TyphoonH_Ver3.04_A.bin) inside this folder.
  4. Run the batch script, by double clicking the "firmware_patcher_v3.04.cmd" file.
  5. The script will output a few informations and a final message: "Done". You can now flash TyphoonH_Ver3.04_A.bin. Have fun!"
  6. Continue with the flash Howto above.
Details about the patching itself and how I modified the firmware

First of all: The "binary" firmware update file is a Zip archive :D

So I unpacked this archive:
Code:
$ unzip TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A.bin
Archive:  TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A.bin
inflating: files.zzz
extracting: FILE_MD5.txt

And of course: The file "files.zzz" is also a Zip. I also unpacked this archive and I got the four real update files:
Code:
$ unzip files.zzz
Archive:  files.zzz
inflating: TyphoonH_FC_V1.16_27_5_2016.yuneec
inflating: TyphoonH_Flow_V1.04_3_25_2016.yuneec
inflating: cgo3+gb_3.2.07_LC2_A_firmware_30207.bin
inflating: CGO3PLUS_V1.22_2016_5_19.yuneec

With the old CGO3 (Q500) it was possible to update to an A version, when you rename the firmware file to a higher version. Huge thanks at this point to skyhawk75, who reminded me of this possibility!

So I renamed the file

"cgo3+gb_3.2.07_LC2_A_firmware_30207.bin"

to

"cgo3+gb_3.2.08_LC2_A_firmware_30208.bin"

and zipped the files again into the "files.zzz". I also updated the MD5 checksum in "FILE_MD5.txt", which contained the checksum for the "files.zzz" archive. In the final step I've created the final archive with "files.zzz" and "FILE_MD5.txt" inside, named "TyphoonH_Ver2.15_A.bin".

Then I tried to update, and:

SUCCESS! It worked! :) It updated only the CGO3+, and didn't touch anything else. After the reboot I had the A version installed with the current version 3.2.07. So the modified filename didn't change the installed version number on the ST16, great!

Questions?

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask ;)

Donations

If you like my work, you can donate here. Thank you!

Thanks for a tips. I have changed my Firmwere and now binding is much shorter :)

How about same update for CGO-ET? Does anyone knows

Hi, Realise its an old thread but I want to revert to the E firmware from the A firmware and the link to the patched file is broken. Does anyone have a copy of the patched firmware they can post

Hi Thanks for the fast response. But that is the patcher file. I was looking for the link to the firmware that was already patched
OK, got it. Sorry. Two solutions : you find someone having the file and who can share 41Mo or you build it yourself using the patcher.

For memory the different versions are still available here.

OK, got it. Sorry. Two solutions : you find someone having the file and who can share 41Mo or you build it yourself using the patcher.

For memory the different versions are still available here.
Many thanks for the firmware link. Yes they are all there. Not confident I will do the patch correctly and don't want to break anything. I might hold out a bit and see if anyone comes up with the already patched firmware file.

Appreciate the great response to an old thread

Many thanks for the firmware link. Yes they are all there. Not confident I will do the patch correctly and don't want to break anything. I might hold out a bit and see if anyone comes up with the already patched firmware file.

Appreciate the great response to an old thread
You are welcome !
Fly safe

Maybe nobody has a patched file for your special case. To overwrite the camera FW it needs a camera FW file inside the whole FW that has a version number which is higher than the current version in the camera. If you have already a patched FW in then the patch must contain the next number. But we don't know what you currently have.
One way out may be the procedure the patch a standard FW and the patch the patched FW again. With that an new FW update may be possible.

So, what's sthe status? Do you have a patched FW in the camera? If yes, do you still have this patched file?

The patcher itself is easy to use. I don't see what can go wrong with it. If you don't like the command line stuff you can use this FW tool. Originally it was made to extract component FW files from the whole FW, i.e. flight controller FW to reset and reflash flight controller if something went wrong with the update. But it has also the functionality of the camera FW patcher.

br HE

Reactions: Eagle4
Maybe nobody has a patched file for your special case. To overwrite the camera FW it needs a camera FW file inside the whole FW that has a version number which is higher than the current version in the camera. If you have already a patched FW in then the patch must contain the next number. But we don't know what you currently have.
One way out may be the procedure the patch a standard FW and the patch the patched FW again. With that an new FW update may be possible.

So, what's sthe status? Do you have a patched FW in the camera? If yes, do you still have this patched file?

The patcher itself is easy to use. I don't see what can go wrong with it. If you don't like the command line stuff you can use this FW tool. Originally it was made to extract component FW files from the whole FW, i.e. flight controller FW to reset and reflash flight controller if something went wrong with the update. But it has also the functionality of the camera FW patcher.

br HE
Hi Helmut, I'm a big fan of your q500log2kml program and I think that all Yuneec users appreciate it.
Assuming that Defie has the last 3.04 A version installed, what do you think if he applies the attached new patch on last 3.04E firmware version ?
He will get a new 3.04E installation version with CGO3+ E version that could replace the existing 3.04A installed one.

Attachments

• firmware_patcher_v3.04_A2E.zip
    686 bytes · Views: 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital