Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware

Same like mine! i sent to local service center, and yuneec still have no clue about that error, really disappointed me.

Now im still waiting..

does anyone have a same issue aswell?
First I updated the st16 OTA with no problems. Then tried the H OTA. It down loaded the firmware no problem. Then after it tries the 1st of 3 steps to install it failed. I got "camera response error upload failed" msg. I've tried rebinding, rebooting several times no help. I guess I'll try the update thru the sd card.

The 2.4 and 5.8 icons tell you when you have a good signal. According to Yuneec, If you lose your 2.4 link, the 5.8 link will take over, giving you redundancy so you maintain control of the bird.

Can you choose to use 2.4 or 5.8 as you please with these new icons?

Had same problem this post further up helped me:
If you get an error while doing the OTA you will have to clear a bunch of files on the ST16 and then they had me re-do the update via SD Card.
Here is the process if you want to try before calling Yuneec:
On st16- Go to Pad, then File Manager, Scroll down to OTA_logs open it and delete all files in that folder. then go back out to folders to scroll down to the Yuneec folder and open it and delete the upgrade bin file that's inside of it.
Back out completely and then manually SDcard update your H. Mine is fixed.

QUOTE="Drone On, post: 63986, member: 5250"]First I updated the st16 OTA with no problems. Then tried the H OTA. It down loaded the firmware no problem. Then after it tries the 1st of 3 steps to install it failed. I got "camera response error upload failed" msg. I've tried rebinding, rebooting several times no help. I guess I'll try the update thru the sd card.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Hunter_Michael
If you get an error while doing the OTA you will have to clear a bunch of files on the ST16 and then they had me re-do the update via SD Card.
On st16- Go to Pad, then File Manager, Scroll down to OTA_logs open it and delete all files in that folder. then go back out to folders to scroll down to the Yuneec folder and open it and delete the upgrade bin file that's inside of it.
Ok thanks for the info. I deleted the files and updated the H using the sd card and it took the update.
The only thing point out is that when you select pad then select the yellow file manager folder. At the very top left of the file manager folder you will see to selections. Category and Directory. Make sure you select Directory, then scroll down and you will see the otaLogs file folder and the Yuneec file folder. It took me a minute to find the files because when I selected file manager I was in the Category not Directory of the file manager. Anyway Thanks for the info Hunter.

Reactions: Hunter_Michael
After the updates remember to go into the "other setting menu" and reselect your setting. Mine reset back to default. I had to reset measurements back to imperial and reselect real sense module selection and if you want reselect advanced.

I am trying to update ST16 but every time I hit update says WARNING No firmware exists in SD card.
I am doing the same thing every time, tried already two times formating card, quick and regular format and no go.

This firmware is a very ****.. compass error after motor armed,i have calibrate compass some times.. but same error.. (sorry for my english.)

Two questions..
How do you do the update via the SD card? I am assuming that it is for the H itself not the transmitter
I know how to update the ST 16 via SD card.
Do I need to download updates to two cards, one for the ST16 and one for the Typhoon H?
Second Q..
My Typhoon works great with V03.01.B22 and I am worried about the updates not working.
Can I go back to my original B22 ?

I wish they would describe the update, not just say , improve performance, okay so what did you do to improve it, how do you improve manual landing? isn't that the pilots job ?
I think there is something funny in landing lately. I catch mostly but my last few landings have had moments of rev and tilt that I thought was going to tip over while waiting for shut down. That makes sense that there is an accelerometer patch as well. Perhaps it's something others experienced and the last firmware introduced this phenomenon and this one should remove hopefully.

Reactions: ChipB
The WiFi icons are a bit of a waste of time imoh

Make sure you do an accelerometer callibration after upgrading, followed by a compass calibration.

In general, when you start the H, have it on a level(ish) surface and don't disturb it whilst it's initialising. Press the button and then just stand away and let it start up.

I've noticed I get compass errors if I have the ST-16 close to the Typhoon, so don't calibrate with the ST-16 next to you, and stand back when you're launching.

None of this is new information, but it reduces the chances of unexpected results when you're flying.

Reactions: zandoli
my H now is bricked,the FC not recognize the H and the procedure to upload firmware Fail.. very good yuneec.. this is a second typhoon h not working with your firmwares.... **** !!

my H now is bricked,the FC not recognize the H and the procedure to upload firmware Fail.. very good yuneec.. this is a second typhoon h not working with your firmwares.... **** !!

Yuneec UK released a video and firmware to put H back to older version to try again after last update troubles.

Just did new updates. Did not use auto feature for firmware at all. Used good clean SD card and everything is behaving. First test things seemed more harmonious even motor sounds. I really like the new signal icons as now I can see what's up with my video range relative to wifi and antenna strength with camera. More test flights tomorrow. I'm glad this update is here and if you installed 3.0 it seems a no brainer to accept new features and fixes to first version releases bugs.

Make sure you do an accelerometer callibration after upgrading, followed by a compass calibration.

In general, when you start the H, have it on a level(ish) surface and don't disturb it whilst it's initialising. Press the button and then just stand away and let it start up.

I've noticed I get compass errors if I have the ST-16 close to the Typhoon, so don't calibrate with the ST-16 next to you, and stand back when you're launching.

None of this is new information, but it reduces the chances of unexpected results when you're flying.
Is there a certain order to follow when you do the calibrations? Meaning, should you do the accelerometer first followed by the gimbal then last the compass or does it matter?

Is there a certain order to follow when you do the calibrations? Meaning, should you do the accelerometer first followed by the gimbal then last the compass or does it matter?
I don't think the order is important, but usually you do the compass last as the gimbal and accelerometer can be done indoors and the compass at the flying site prior to flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig