Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware

I used this version of the GUI left everything else alone powered up my hex, then plugged in my usb lead, in came up with com port5 i clicked the first tab to comfirm com port 5 to make sure it was working i tested all motors to work and they did, i then went into the settings to change the geo fence from 91m to 175m then changed the altitude from 122m to 183m then click each update then exit the gui programme, unplug the usb then plugged it back in then go to the GUI icon to see if my geo and altitude stayed at what i set them to and HEY PRESTO THEY DID, done test to see if it went over 400ft guess what it sure did go over 400ft so very happy in finding out a very very simple solution

http://www.yuneec.com/en_US/support/downloads.html

Last edited:
I used this version of the GUI left everything else alone powered up my hex then plugged in my usb lead in came up with com port5 i clicked the first tab to comfirm com port 5 to make sure it was working i tested all motors to work and they did i then went into the settings to change the geo fence from 91m to 175m then changed the altitude from 122m to 183m then click each update then exit the gui programme unplug the usb then plugged it back in then go to the GUI icon to see if my geo and altitude stayed at what i set them to and HEY PRESTO THEY DID done test to see if it went over 400ft guess what it sure did go over 400ft so very happy in finding out a very very simple solution

Which AP version are you on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Diboll, post: 69829, member: 6846"]I used this version of the GUI left everything else alone powered up my hex then plugged in my usb lead in came up with com port5 i clicked the first tab to comfirm com port 5 to make sure it was working i tested all motors to work and they did i then went into the settings to change the geo fence from 91m to 175m then changed the altitude from 122m to 183m then click each update then exit the gui programme unplug the usb then plugged it back in then go to the GUI icon to see if my geo and altitude stayed at what i set them to and HEY PRESTO THEY DID done test to see if it went over 400ft guess what it sure did go over 400ft so very happy in finding out a very very simple solution

Oh my that's the longest sentence I've ever read!! I don't understand what your saying. Did you intend to say that you only installed the GUI and your 400' limit was not an issue?

May we see a screenshot of your current firmware installed on the St16?

When i used the GUI it was set to altitude 122 mtrs and a 91mtrs geo fence i then changed it so the 400 ft was not a issue now

Only got my typhoon h friday just gone so it should have the latest software i beleive

Last edited:
I was told it was on the first flight it stopped at 400ft would not go any higher until i used the GUI to change it

Hope this works lol

Thats old system and transmitter firmware on the st16.

Your most likely running old typhoon H firmware too hence of course you wont have the issue.

They dont ship them out with the latest firmware. These things sit in boxes at a warehouse for months before shipments.

Once you run the latest software it will all make sense.

Factory setting out of the box is 122 meters for height. If you update the firmware you will still be able to change the height in the GUI but it will only go to 400 foot AGL regardless of your height setting in the GUI.

Factory setting out of the box is 122 meters for height. If you update the firmware you will still be able to change the height in the GUI but it will only go to 400 foot AGL regardless of your height setting in the GUI.

On latest firmware.... not so with AP firmware below 1.3.
We need the update to get back the GUI height we set to hold properly. If your GUI lets you change it, then you are on older firmware.

On latest firmware.... not so with AP firmware below 1.3.
We need the update to get back the GUI height we set to hold properly. If your GUI lets you change it, then you are on older firmware.

Regardless, how many of us really need to be above the 400 foot restriction. This "bug" as Yuneec called it is most likely preventing plenty of new flyers from getting themselves into trouble.

I was told it was on the first flight it stopped at 400ft would not go any higher until i used the GUI to change it

Yes we know, when you update to the latest firmware it will not let you go past 400' no matter how hard you try to chnage it on the GUI.

Thats what why this thread is so long and it explains everything.

IMG_0479.JPG I'm not having any luck I have done everything just as said step by step and still stuck at 400
What am I doing wrong that you can see

The altitude wont change on the aitopilot 1.3 but if you back date to 1.29 you can change it to what you want

Thanks fellow pilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop