Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new mantis G 699$

If Yuneec continues to follow their pattern, the G is only good for a year, then it will also become obsolete. And I do realize drones do become obsolete, however Yuneec has a habit of retiring them rather early.
Instead I'm looking at:
Would love the Autel EVO if they just made a version with a 1" sensor camera...That would make it the perfect Mavic 2 Pro replacement.

Truly Yuneec,

I don’t know where you obtain your information but you need to find a new source as what you are using is waaaay off base.

The Typhoon H does not have a 1” sensor and Yuneec has failed in their promise to deliver an adapted C-23 for the H.

Changing lenses on the H is not something done lightly as it requires disassembling the camera, which carries the risk of destroying the camera if done improperly.

To my knowledge, lens changes for the H Plus and 520 are not possible, you have to change the entire camera. You should understand the 1” sensor did not come into widespread use with Yuneec models until the 520, and later the H Plus. Prior to those a 1” sensor was only available with the 920.

Autel has been promising a 1” sensor camera for the better part of the last 3 years. If they had the ability to get it done it would have been done quite some time back.

Truly Yuneec,

I don’t know where you obtain your information but you need to find a new source as what you are using is waaaay off base.
OK sorry PatR, I should have been more specific - I should have specified H Plus and H520, which offers 1" sensors. I know the H does not have that. And I should have said "camera" or "payload" as it should be called. When I mention "lens", I think of the entire lens-sensor-camera unit as one - because I know Yuneec does not have any H series with interchangeable "lenses".

Maybe, but the Hex series has way better capabilities/specs, does it not? Much better control in higher winds, interchangeable lens with 1" sensor option, prop redundancy, etc? Can't really compare the two? Kind of like comparing the Mavic Air with the Phantom 2 Pro? They're different birds with different budgets and uses?
I agree that the Yuneec "hex series" has a lot to offer. That's why I bought into it 3 years ago. But, for traveling and especially hiking, they are pretty clunky to carry around. I'm intrigued by the new G mainly for its size, improved gimbal and additional range (not that I need additional range, it's just nice to know the WiFi connections should be more capable).

I agree that the Yuneec "hex series" has a lot to offer...But, for traveling and especially hiking, they are pretty clunky to carry around. I'm intrigued by the new G mainly for its size, improved gimbal and additional range...
Totally agree, same reason I was considering a Mavic 2 Pro. Wish Yuneec would also come out with a Mantis G "Pro" - a portable bird with a 1" sensor.

Reactions: Rubik
OK sorry PatR, I should have been more specific - I should have specified H Plus and H520, which offers 1" sensors. I know the H does not have that. And I should have said "camera" or "payload" as it should be called. When I mention "lens", I think of the entire lens-sensor-camera unit as one - because I know Yuneec does not have any H series with interchangeable "lenses".

In photography, terminology matters. Photography drones as well. Nobody in photography refers to their cameras as lenses.

For enlightenment, Yuneec did have a drone with a 1” sensor, interchangeable lenses, mechanical zoom, and pre flight flight planning. It was the 920. Yuneec has yet to surpass it. They have made things smaller, but not better.

I agree that the Yuneec "hex series" has a lot to offer. That's why I bought into it 3 years ago. But, for traveling and especially hiking, they are pretty clunky to carry around...
I share your views about the TH being a bit bulky.
I sometimes like to take a drone with me when I'm going for a ride on my motorbike but the TH I've found is just a bit too bulky for me to ride my bike as safe as I would like. So when I do take a drone, it's the P2V+ I take...no-where near as bulky. But my P2V+ is getting rather old now and I'm not sure if it has that much life left in it. I suppose ideally the Mavic platform would be a contender but for the issues surrounding overzealous restrictions on take-off places and my distrust of dji regarding privacy issues (My P2V+ is old enough not to be effected this way...it doesn't phone home).

The Autel Evo looks to be my favorite to replace my P2V+. It ticks many of my boxes.

Reactions: Rubik
If Yuneec continues to follow their pattern, the G is only good for a year, then it will also become obsolete. And I do realize drones do become obsolete, however Yuneec has a habit of retiring them rather early.
Oh and it may have tons of soft and firmware up dates during its course.
Because of Yuneec's inconsistencies, I do not plan on purchasing another.
Instead I'm looking at:
The EVO looks impressive, but it's not in the same price point as the Mantis G.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval