Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new mantis G 699$

Ghttps://www.yuneec.com/en_GB/camera-drones/mantis-g/overview.html

Attachments

• 56efee8b-9ea2-454b-b593-76d26c6a76a0.jpg
    56efee8b-9ea2-454b-b593-76d26c6a76a0.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
In one fell swoop Yuneec has managed to pi$$ off just about every thinking user of the hex series.

H- $899.99-$1,299.00 but can’t build a flight plan on the ground

H-520- $4000,00 to obtain flight planning

H-Plus- $2,000.00 for pretty pictures but denied flight planning

G-$699 with longer advertised range, longer advertised flight time, and flight planning

In one fell swoop Yuneec has managed to pi$$ off just about every thinking user of the hex series.

H- $899.99-$1,299.00 but can’t build a flight plan on the ground

H-520- $4000,00 to obtain flight planning

H-Plus- $2,000.00 for pretty pictures but denied flight planning

G-$699 with longer advertised range, longer advertised flight time, and flight planning

No kidding, I don't understand their logic.

Whoa Kemosabe !! Here are my two cents:
  • Is there a TV monitoring screen? No mention of it in the print ad.
  • Also, no mention of Megapixel resolution for photos. Sure looks like 12mp for the 4X3 format and only 8mp for the 16X9 format.
  • Perhaps I'm wrong about my observations, BUT this new unit has zero appeal as a step-up for me. My T-Rex (Typhoon H Pro) meets many of my needs. A competitor's product with 20mp resolution meets the rest of my needs.
  • Red Baron

Reactions: brianpk
13mpxl stills, no screen on the controller, use your phone. Where have we seen that before?...

A little late to compete with the Mavic 1.

Last edited:
PatR - I agree; the newer Mavic 2 has approx. 19.9megapixel resolution, although at a higher cost. I also love my Typhoon H Pro with its large screen monitor. I speak highly regarding Yuneec's repair service to me, and your valuable suggestions recently. However, the new model appears to be too little; too late. Thank you for your continued contributions, and keep flying!

It could well appeal to a lot of people. If Yuneec desired to keep everything “in balance” they might consider an H Plus firmware upgrade that provided pre take off flight planning. That would help keep “the natives” from getting restless.

An upside for the G is that Yuneec has released something sort of new during what had become a new release dry spell across all the manufacturers.

Perhaps it's "make or break" time for Yuneec, this can't go on forever....

Since the 520 was released everything they’ve done used parts they’ve had on hand. Same frames, same motors, same electronics. For the new G a minor change at the camera and firmware. Pretty much the same way they did the H Plus but with the Plus they didn’t even change the camera, just re-named it and changed the firmware. The only real differences between a 520 and the Plus is the color and firmware.

Good way to use up excess old parts inventory without spending any money...

Parts and customers can run out! The die Hard's will always buy for it's capabilities, but you have to attract new users with something new and radical and stylish, keep making things from old parts could be an "Achilles heel" but we shall see.

Indeed.

What does a maker do when they run out of old parts? What happens to the spare parts supply when they are being consumed making “new” products?

If Yuneec continues to follow their pattern, the G is only good for a year, then it will also become obsolete. And I do realize drones do become obsolete, however Yuneec has a habit of retiring them rather early.
Oh and it may have tons of soft and firmware up dates during its course.
Because of Yuneec's inconsistencies, I do not plan on purchasing another.
Instead I'm looking at:

If Yuneec continues to follow their pattern, the G is only good for a year, then it will also become obsolete. And I do realize drones do become obsolete, however Yuneec has a habit of retiring them rather early.
Instead I'm looking at:
I went from DJI to Autel Evo and so glad I did I love the Evo.And they are not the police in the sky......

Reactions: AH-1G
Instead I'm looking at:
Just watched that video, Looks impressive. Do you think it'll be available in the U.K.?

I had the Q and I really like it other then the camera shake with this new one should be a lot better may get one after the reviews come out on it.......

Maybe, but the Hex series has way better capabilities/specs, does it not? Much better control in higher winds, interchangeable lens with 1" sensor option, prop redundancy, etc? Can't really compare the two? Kind of like comparing the Mavic Air with the Phantom 2 Pro? They're different birds with different budgets and uses?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy