Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New member in Alaska

Reaction score
Hello from Mat Su Valley, 45 minutes north of Anchorage. Pulled the trigger on a Black Friday Typhoon H Pro bundle and it just arrived today. Looking forward to first flight and have been reading through and soaking up all I can. I wanted a 4K drone as I already have a Parrot Bebop 2 that I enjoy flying but didn't want a 1st year Anafi. I love the quality of videos I've seen with the Typhoon H.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Welcome to the Forum.
You certainly have some challenging weather for flying although perhaps moderated by the Pacific.
There is a wealth of information in the Typhoon H "How to" section. The two most common issues for new H pilots is failing to get the battery locked and taking off too soon before the GPS has fully updated. This is my recommended minimum preflight suggestion:

The minimum Preflight Checks on the Typhoon H:

Props are locked
Battery is locked and flush with the H
Battery voltage on the display is 16.3 or higher
Sat count on the H is at least 15, on the ST-16, 7 or more
Switches in the correct position
Open Hardware Monitor and test the sticks
Stand 30' away from the aircraft
Take off full throttle to 15', then test sticks.
Land when the battery voltage reads 14.7

If this is your first flight remove the camera until you can fly it well.

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
Thanks, I have downloaded checklist from the Typhoon H section. Great idea about the camera
Indeed. The H is modular and fairly easy to repair. The camera is not and it's the most expensive piece on the H.
If you are flying in cold weather keep your batteries warm until you install. Watch the voltage carefully since it can drop rapidly as the battery cools. Land when it's between 14.7 - 14.9 volts in cold weather.

Thanks, I keep my batteries in a portable cooler with a heat tab when flying my BB2. I have flown it multiple times in single digits temperature

Perfect. By the time the temp reaches zero I struggle to get 10 min of flight time.

I'm okay with the shorter flight times. My hands freeze by the time it's ready to land. Much depends on wind, sun and the type of flying you do.

Hello from Mat Su Valley, 45 minutes north of Anchorage. Pulled the trigger on a Black Friday Typhoon H Pro bundle and it just arrived today. Looking forward to first flight and have been reading through and soaking up all I can. I wanted a 4K drone as I already have a Parrot Bebop 2 that I enjoy flying but didn't want a 1st year Anafi. I love the quality of videos I've seen with the Typhoon H.
Hey ! Cool. I was born in AK. Moved to AZ for a while and now live in CA. Love the H. Welcome to the forum. If you have any questions, just ask. Glad to see you here.

Welcome
Here is an updated manual, I forgot who put this manual together, he/they did a fantastic job.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-1.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 7
Welcome to the site. I admit i'm envious! Alaska is one of the places I want to visit with my drone - so much unspoiled territory to see. Just look out for big territorial birds and be aware that you want to keep your batteries at least at room temp right up until you install them, the cold air plays **** on li-pos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval