Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new No Fly Zone in Italy what to do?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I apologize in advance for my fluent English, I live in Italy precisely in Turin in the area where the airport is.
I have a Typhoon H, until the beginning of July even if in the open country (with nothing but meadows and a few trees) I never used the TH480 because I was in a no fly zone, from July 1 in Italy a document was issued which redesigns the no fly zones from circular 5 km in diameter to rectangular areas divided into zones:
red no fly zone, orange you can use the drone but no more than 25 meters, yellow the maximum height 45 meters.
the problem is that even though they are now in accordance with the law and I could fly but my TH480 is not a weapon because it sees an NFL.
I sent an email support form to Yuneec describing the problem but nothing!
What to do? yesterday for the fields there were amateur pilots with fimi, dji, hubsan the only one that didn't fly was me! does not seem right because in Italy now and allowed!
what do you advise me to do?

grazie

https://www.d-flight.it/web-app/ (new no fly zone)

Attachments

• yuneec_1.jpg
    yuneec_1.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 16
  • yuneec_2.jpg
    yuneec_2.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Circolare ATM-09_ aeroporti.pdf
    593.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Circolare ATM-09_ aeroporti-1.jpg
    Circolare ATM-09_ aeroporti-1.jpg
    671 KB · Views: 13
Hello, bad news.
The choice: sell your drone or move further in a free zone.
Do not be fooled, the more time will progress, the more restrictions will follow. With us it's the same.

Fly in a lesser restricted area, there are plenty of people in your position, it's inconvenient I know, but try not to let not spoil your experience.

thanks guys for the answers
but maybe not speaking english well, I didn't understand! The Italian civil aviation organization has liberalized the flight of the areas on the sides, by the Italian law I can fly, but yuneec has the old nfz that are larger as an extension.
I contacted them several times, I sent my serial number with the id of the drone to at least have the nfz unlocked but nothing doesn't respond. They sell their products in Italy they must adapt to Italian rules. I know they do it for safety, but if the civil aviation authority says I can fly them! What can I say, I will sell my TH480 or buy another from another brand The TH 480 is a good product but customer support is indecent .... Never again Yuneec from today I start to advise against it

Do not worry, buddy. The other merchants are not better.
Dji also has his own rules that do not correspond also to the regulations of my country. I can not even fly in my club which is located on an old disused ground and out of service since 20 years, but for Dji, this old track is still on the map so for them, it's NFZ and they do not want to know anything.

sometimes you have to face the obvious, take back a drone not having the restrictions old generation to fly

Yuneec won't generally give you non NFZ firmware unless you can give them your certification for passing whatever pro-level commercial remote pilot qualification exists in your country.
Without that, I'm afraid your only options are to drive out of the zone to fly or take the craft back / sell it.

Last edited:
sometimes you have to face the obvious, take back a drone not having the restrictions old generation to fly
Bit foolish if your in a no fly zone, just because a copter has no restriction on it doesn't mean it's always going to flown safely or legally, remember the hobby is under severe scrutiny at the moment, every stupid action is another nail in the coffin, or more petrol on the anti drone fire!

[QUOTE = "AeroJ, post: 196520, membro: 16207"]
Generalmente, Yuneec non ti fornirà un firmware NFZ a meno che tu non possa dare loro la certificazione necessaria per passare qualsiasi qualifica professionale pilota a distanza a livello professionale nel tuo paese.
Senza di questo, temo che le tue uniche opzioni siano di scappare dalla zona per volare o riprendere il velivolo / venderlo.
[/CITAZIONE]

ciao ho appena sentito un amico che mi ha detto che essendo il mio drone come garanzia (acquistato il 27/12/2018) il fatto che il drone non possa sorvolare uno spazio aereo permesso dalla legge è paragonato ad un difetto di conformità che per l'articolo 130 della legge italiana sulla regolamentazione del consumo (vendite) o è risolto da chi lo ha venduto o da casa o viene rimborsato ..... cosa dire speranzosamente

Last edited:
@paolo73

In the US you can get a 90 day NFZ removal as a recreational pilot or a permanent one if you are commercially rated. Try checking Yuneec’s Italian website and see if they have the same in your country. My guess is that there is a removal process there also.

I have dual citizenship and live in Vicenza part time. My advice is don't risk anything that will involve the carabinieri paying you a visit. No hobby is worth it! There are plenty of remote place to fly in Italy, especially Northern Italy.

I have dual citizenship and live in Vicenza part time. My advice is don't risk anything that will involve the carabinieri paying you a visit. No hobby is worth it! There are plenty of remote place to fly in Italy, especially Northern Italy.

hello the problem here is the reverse in these areas I can fly the important thing that I do not exceed 45 meters in height (for safety from the GUI I set the max height to 45 meters) the problem that yuneec has not changed its NFZ . we are in the case that for the Italian law I can fly and for Yuneec (who doesn't want to update the maps) No! so there is no risk of carabinieri at home! :)

@paolo73

In the US you can get a 90 day NFZ removal as a recreational pilot or a permanent one if you are commercially rated. Try checking Yuneec’s Italian website and see if they have the same in your country. My guess is that there is a removal process there also.

on the Italian yuneec website nothing! however looking at the yuneec USA page for the NFZ, through the support I sent the serial number and the id of the drone, the link to the ENAC website to the new NFZ the result silence! 3 tickets no answer! the tickets were classified with high priority!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis