Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Pilot From Canada

Reaction score
Hi All
What an amazing community of knowledge here, thank you. I am a new pilot who recently bought my first drone, a Chroma ST10 + with the CGO3 4k camera. The unit it self is in great condition but I have not flown it yet as I have been doing as much research as possible before I do. I had a few questions if anyone wanted to lend a hand.
First off I have hear about drones that just fly away never to be seen for one reason or another, has anyone tried attaching an Apple AirTag to a drone just for that purpose ? The AirTag is so small and light weight I don't think there would be any issues but will post my findings when I do.
Second I am having a problem trying to locate some new landing gears for it, as like most people who have one know they are impossible to find. A friend of mine has a 3D printer so we are going to see it we can make a set and again will keep you posted.
Last item is does anyone have a copy of the GUI for a Mac, I have got everything working with an older Windows 10 laptop which is doing the job but would like to use my Mac.
Thanks again for all the great information and can't wait to take flight.
Cheers
Jeff

Hello and welcome to the forums. Lots of great help and information here from pilots like you.

I myself have two 4K Chromas and love still flying them. I've never experienced a flyaway with either one. I've heard that the air tag is a decent idea, but only if there are a lot of iPhones around where you are flying, and even then the range isn't that great as I understand it. There are better options that I've read about, but I have never felt the need to try them.

As to landing gear the best place is E-bay. I have been able to get both landing gear and props from there in the past, you just have to be fast and patient. Just saw a pair on there in the last week or so but they are gone. Good luck with 3D printing a set and let us know how it goes and what you come up with.

For a copy of the GUI for a Mac, I'm sure someone here can point you towards a copy.

Good luck with your Chroma adventures and again welcome!

Regards,
Matt

It is not the news you want to hear, but the GUI is Windows only. You could dual boot your Mac to run Win10 on it.

Hello and welcome to the forums. Lots of great help and information here from pilots like you.

I myself have two 4K Chromas and love still flying them. I've never experienced a flyaway with either one. I've heard that the air tag is a decent idea, but only if there are a lot of iPhones around where you are flying, and even then the range isn't that great as I understand it. There are better options that I've read about, but I have never felt the need to try them.

As to landing gear the best place is E-bay. I have been able to get both landing gear and props from there in the past, you just have to be fast and patient. Just saw a pair on there in the last week or so but they are gone. Good luck with 3D printing a set and let us know how it goes and what you come up with.

For a copy of the GUI for a Mac, I'm sure someone here can point you towards a copy.

Good luck with your Chroma adventures and again welcome!

Regards,
Matt
Hey Matt

Thank you very much for all your input and and prompt reply, I really appreciated it. The Apple AirTag was just an idea but I won't worried about it for now.
The landing gear is definitely something I will keep an eye on from eBay as they seem impossible to find and the one I have is crack from the previous owner but have glued it for now. I will post my results on how we make out with the 3D printed ones, I have used one before and it's pretty impressive what they can do, maybe a new side line for me.. ha ha. I did come across the BLHA1000 props on Ebay but they look different, has anyone had any luck using these ones ? The GUI I'm not worried about as I do have an old Windows 10 I have hooked up and works perfectly fine. Again appreciate your input.
Cheers
Jeff

It is not the news you want to hear, but the GUI is Windows only. You could dual boot your Mac to run Win10 on it.
Hey DooMeister
Thank for your reply. The GUI is not a big deal as Im sure its not something I will be using on a regular basis and I do have my Windows 10 up and running for it. It's odd as when you unzip the files for the Windows 10 GUI it actually shows a folder for MAC OS but nothing in it. Again thanks for your reply.
Cheeers
Jeff

That has been a typical thing to find with a lot of Yuneec products. Probably some departments using Mac’s to produce art for manuals and web content. All of these files used to be on the Yuneec websites with installation instructions posted in html along with the download.

That has been a typical thing to find with a lot of Yuneec products. Probably some departments using Mac’s to produce art for manuals and web content. All of these files used to be on the Yuneec websites with installation instructions posted in html along with the download.
Yes not much left out there on the Yuneec site or the Horizon Hobby site for the Chroma, its a shame they didn't at least keep the old info there, any idea why it's been all deleted ?

Yes not much left out there on the Yuneec site or the Horizon Hobby site for the Chroma, its a shame they didn't at least keep the old info there, any idea why it's been all deleted ?
I could tell you, but we aren’t allowed to use that kind of language on the forum. We have most of the files stored in a Dropbox accessed from the YuneecSkins website, but all the instructions that were in html are lost when Yuneec Ltd. purged all the legacy information.

I could tell you, but we aren’t allowed to use that kind of language on the forum. We have most of the files stored in a Dropbox accessed from the YuneecSkins website, but all the instructions that were in html are lost when Yuneec Ltd. purged all the legacy information.
Yes have been on that site a few times and to bad about losing all that valuable information. Im sure some one at Yuneec has it. On that site is a file for "Firmware Update " but for what, the St10+ controller or the actual drone itself ? Sorry for all the questions.

Yes have been on that site a few times and to bad about losing all that valuable information. Im sure some one at Yuneec has it. On that site is a file for "Firmware Update " but for what, the St10+ controller or the actual drone itself ? Sorry for all the questions.
Are you referring to YuneecSkins for the file downloads? If so, the firmware in the Chroma folder is for the aircraft. Files for the ST10+ can be found in the Q500 folder.

OK perfect, no I didn't know that. I will look through the forms to see how to update the firmware on the Chroma and SY10+. Are both firmware's worth doing ? Again appreciate your assistance.
Cheers
Jeff

Since the last updates to both were in 2015 it is very likely you are already on the most up to date firmware.

Hi All
What an amazing community of knowledge here, thank you. I am a new pilot who recently bought my first drone, a Chroma ST10 + with the CGO3 4k camera. The unit it self is in great condition but I have not flown it yet as I have been doing as much research as possible before I do. I had a few questions if anyone wanted to lend a hand.
First off I have hear about drones that just fly away never to be seen for one reason or another, has anyone tried attaching an Apple AirTag to a drone just for that purpose ? The AirTag is so small and light weight I don't think there would be any issues but will post my findings when I do.
Second I am having a problem trying to locate some new landing gears for it, as like most people who have one know they are impossible to find. A friend of mine has a 3D printer so we are going to see it we can make a set and again will keep you posted.
Last item is does anyone have a copy of the GUI for a Mac, I have got everything working with an older Windows 10 laptop which is doing the job but would like to use my Mac.
Thanks again for all the great information and can't wait to take flight.
Cheers
Jeff
Hello from Knoxville TN

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval