Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new pilot (operator)

Reaction score
Hello I just received my q500+ 2days ago. I find the best way to learn about flying it is from here and from YouTube videos. One question I have is if I'm outside and power everything up ,when its not started yet and I place it in smart mode(green light) the copter keeps beeping. I figured it because I'm to close? Any advice is welcome.

Hello I just received my q500+ 2days ago. I find the best way to learn about flying it is from here and from YouTube videos. One question I have is if I'm outside and power everything up ,when its not started yet and I place it in smart mode(green light) the copter keeps beeping. I figured it because I'm to close? Any advice is welcome.
Welcome to the Q500 club! The beep is a normal warning telling you its is smart mode.
If you're just learning to fly, try to avoid smart mode. Especially taking off. It will just confuse you later when you try to fly in angle mode.

Reactions: R.Lee
Yes, you are too close. You must be outside of a circle appx 8 meters (around 26') in diameter before engaging Smart Mode. The Beeping is your warning that you are inside that imaginary circle.
Take off in Angle Mode and you can be as close to the Q as you want.
And a couple tips I'm sure you are probably already aware of but:
1. Always turn ON the Transmitter first then the Q500+ when starting.
2. When shutting down, always turn the Q500+ OFF first, then the Transmitter. Be sure and turn your Video off before shutting down the Quad or you will lose the Video.
3. Always be sure your Q500+ is on level ground when firing it up.
HAVE FUN AND WELCOME ABOARD!

Reactions: R.Lee
Ok thanks guys. That explains alot. This one is alot more complicated than the small one I have .

Yes, you are too close. You must be outside of a circle appx 8 meters (around 26') in diameter before engaging Smart Mode. The Beeping is your warning that you are inside that imaginary circle.
Take off in Angle Mode and you can be as close to the Q as you want.
And a couple tips I'm sure you are probably already aware of but:
1. Always turn ON the Transmitter first then the Q500+ when starting.
2. When shutting down, always turn the Q500+ OFF first, then the Transmitter. Be sure and turn your Video off before shutting down the Quad or you will lose the Video.
3. Always be sure your Q500+ is on level ground when firing it up.
HAVE FUN AND WELCOME ABOARD!

I have flown one quad Syma X5SW twice it's now 50' up in a tree. I am going to order a q500+ I will have a lot of dumb questions. Watching the tutorial and the follow me function. I have a 20 acre field surrounded by large trees ...If I elevate quad to 125' will it stay at that height as I ride around the perimeter (in follow me) without fear of running into a 70' tree?

I have flown one quad Syma X5SW twice it's now 50' up in a tree. I am going to order a q500+ I will have a lot of dumb questions. Watching the tutorial and the follow me function. I have a 20 acre field surrounded by large trees ...If I elevate quad to 125' will it stay at that height as I ride around the perimeter (in follow me) without fear of running into a 70' tree?
it'll stay at what ever height you set it at... or at least some where close there of... it does that having a built in pressure sensor... it utilizes all the sensors (gps, compass, air pressure, etc.), to give you that hover option...
I usually stay around 200' when flying over trees...
have you seen the videos online where quads were rescued by the use of other quads...

Thanks guys that explains alot. It's alot more hi tec than my small one.

yes, they're a bit more hi-tech... but that makes them easier to fly... let the sensors ,controls and gimbal do all of the work... it's those that keep it stable which in turn will give you excellent pictures and videos...

Ok Has anybody broke off the camera and wires , Help what to do..
Yes I have . When I first tried it I put it in smart mode and tried to take off. It came right at me and hit a light post and broke all the blades . The camera came flying off with two of the rubber mounts going with the camera and two staying on the base. When it came off it pulled out the plug but only one wire pulled out of the plug. I was able to push the pin out a little and solder it and it works. To add to my stupidity when I unpacked the drone I saw a clear plastic string like wire going around the camera and base and I removed it. It would have held the camera on. I have since replaced it with two wire ties. I was very lucky. I have since ordered extra blades,mounts and a spare camera to body harness.

it'll stay at what ever height you set it at... or at least some where close there of... it does that having a built in pressure sensor... it utilizes all the sensors (gps, compass, air pressure, etc.), to give you that hover option...
I usually stay around 200' when flying over trees...
have you seen the videos online where quads were rescued by the use of other quads...
Thanks the treed syma is halfway down and stuck limbs above and below. I have been using the simulator and am anxious for the weather to break

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal