Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
Yeah I know, another updating thread. However before you point me to the search function, I’ve been there, I’m going around in circles at this point. Spoke with ty over phone last night (he’s the nicest guy BTW, a national treasure, and I didn’t want to dump all this on him but, anyway, back on point): my new plus is running the first build, 507. Won’t update OTA, no updates even come up as available. I go to that section on st16s and when I log into WiFi there’s a small wait and then a red exclamation point comes, and it won’t show any new firmware update. Yes I have good WiFi, to be sure I even went back and logged onto the web browser in the st16 and it came up ok (I just went to a google page as that’s easier address tore everything). Both WiFi home router showing and the camera, along with my neighbors.

So after going around over and over I decided to update manually, followed attachments starting at 24 in the WTFD project (think it’s 24). Followed those instructions down to the word. I have 5 SDcards:

Two 32GB SanDisk extreme
One Panasonic 16GB
Two that came with drone 16GB foresee)

Downloaded build 822 from yuneec Australia address in the wtfd attachment, loaded it onto sd card, changed the last words from “yuneec” to “.zip., saved it (yes card was formatted/empty).

1st attempt with foresee card, put it in c23 on drone (just drone on), it seemed to work...back lights went solid/dark, camera went limp, rebooted etc. I thought, great this is easy.

Step 2, follow same process but with the the “APP” build...followed, then insert it in the st16s, nothing happened, controller came on as normal and didn’t go through anything different. Went into file manager and wtfd states “navigate to file manager, “select external sd card in upper left”...that doesn’t come up for me, so this is where im stuck. Yes I went into security and clicked “allow unknown sources”.

After trying it with numerous cards it just comes out the same, can’t get past this.

So I took a break and checked the drone, which I had thought was updated correctly, and the same firmware build is showing in the controller (507). So, I tried to do that process again and the drone would not respond like it did the first time I did it, the drone just sat there. I tried every card, and nothing. So, I’m thinking it was updated but the update wasn’t completed because I could not finish the other 2 steps?

Couple points to note:

Got drone yesterday and flew it for 5 minutes (per ty’s advice) was rock solid. This morning I came down to workshop and was going to start my updates but the gimbal started buzzing (from nowhere, because it wasn’t buzzing violently like that last night..though I did notice a tiny buzz right at the point of the camera powering down, and powering up, ever so slightly)...Anyway, I downloaded the gimbal buzz fix (file from this forum, Steve Carr I think had a post about it) onto sd card and loaded it into camer, completely fixed the buzz...like, in one shot done, and it was buzzing very loud all morning, sounded like a vacuuming cleaner or a lawnmower. So that problem done...I hope.

Another point to note: the 32gb SanDisk card when put into the c23 produces a yellow blinking light when I have build loaded on it...a. Couple times the drone would do nothing with it loaded, and another time the camera will go limp, then restart, then go limp....in a loop, but nothing happened.The first time I thought the build was loaded I was using the Panasonic card I think (yes tried the Panasonic with all three steps, and tried each card all 3 steps(I’ve been at it for the past 5 hours, now just going around in circles and I’m not able to see something I’m doing wrong?

So that’s where I’m at. I think im missing a step. Or I’m not loading firmware properly on sd card, or I’m extracting them wrong. Admittedly I’m not good at sd cards or zipping, unzipping etc, so I’m not 100% sure of the process. However, if I got the camera fix loaded, and the first 822 loaded (it appeared as though it was) then obviously I’m not loading the firmware incorrectly. Do I have to download the file to a folder, and then zip it? Not even 100% sure what that means though. It’s giving me option to zip on my 2nd computer (I used first computer the first 10 times with no zip option)...

I just don’t know where to go from here, I seem to be stuck in the middle of step2 (assuming the 822 build took hold and it’s just not showing for whatever reason).

I know theres a lot to unpack here, and I didn’t want to dump it all on ty via pm or over the phone, so I figure 100 heads are better than 2 heads tackling this. I’m sure it’s something easy I’m just missing but I believe I’ve followed the procedures as they were written by others on these forums. My next step Is to head to target, buy sd cards, and eliminate that possibility.

Thanks for the feedback in advance.

I've reached out to another member that I think can help you, hopefully he sees this thread. Wish I was more help but I never updated the Plus via SD card so I am no help here but I think you'll get it straightened out, just a matter of time.

I've reached out to another member that I think can help you, hopefully he sees this thread. Wish I was more help but I never updated the Plus via SD card so I am no help here but I think you'll get it straightened out, just a matter of time.

Thanks bud, and I appreciate your time

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I think the best thing to do is get an idea of where you are now. Please bind the drone to the controller, then upload a picture or a screenshot of the firmware page on your ST16s.

I think the best thing to do is get an idea of where you are now. Please bind the drone to the controller, then upload a picture or a screenshot of the firmware page on your ST16s.

IMG_2504.jpg

No change except the camera firmware I loaded for buzz

No change except the camera firmware I loaded for buzz
Actually, that is not correct. Your Camera, your drone and your Realsense module are all on Build 822.
However, both "System" and "APP" are still on Build 652. ("507" is part of the build date, not the build number)

I'm hoping the ST16s can actually read an SD card. To find out, try the following:
1.) Ensure ST16S is OFF.
2.) Remove the SD card.
3.) Start the ST16S and let it fully boot up.
4.) Navigate back to file manager.
5.) Look for ONLY the words "Internal Storage" in upper left. There should be NO SD card looking Icons.
6.) Now insert an SD card.
7.) Look again at the upper left corner. There should be an icon that looks like two SD cards, one dark, one light. That's probably supposed to represent SD Card "on/off" or something.
8.) Pressing the ICON should swap back and forth between "Internal Storage" and "External Storage".
9.) Let us know what you see.

Actually, that is not correct. Your Camera, your drone and your Realsense module are all on Build 822.
However, both "System" and "APP" are both still on Build 652. ("507" is part of the build date, not the build number)

I'm hoping the ST16s can actually read an SD card. To find out, try the following:
1.) Ensure ST16S is OFF.
2.) Remove the SD card.
5.) Look for ONLY the words "Internal Storage" in upper left. There should be NO SD card looking Icons.
7.) Look again at the upper left corner. There should be an icon that looks like two SD cards, one dark, one light. That's probably supposed to represent SD Card "on/off" or something.
8.) Pressing the ICON should swap back and forth between "Internal Storage" and "External Storage".

Ok. Give me a second

However, both "System" and "APP" are still on Build 652. ("507" is part of the build date, not the build number)

1.) Ensure ST16S is OFF.
2.) Remove the SD card.

Yes I see that. You are correct. IMG_2507.jpgIMG_2506.jpg

It swaps back and forth.

OK. Format that card, and load the update again. You can't re-use the update, you have to format the card and put a fresh copy of the update on it for each attempt.

Downloaded build on sd, then sd into st16...controller started normal, no new firmware, I went to file manager to force upload doesn’t give me option of yuneec app release.

Lets try it with the ST16s already ON. I assume you loaded the APK for "Phase 2" on the card? If so;
1.) With ST16s fully booted, insert the SD card.
2.) Perform Step 12 of the installation document, Phase 2.

IMG_2508.jpg

No option, that’s what comes up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval