Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new project

Reaction score
I am finally getting the e50 camera in. I just disassembled the cgo3+ camera head and one what was a fully working cgo3+ camera. botched the sensor board removal but salvaged the lens on the cgo3+ head unit. on the ex fully functional cgo3+ did not botch the sensor board it intact. the one that I got the lens salvaged only is the oem yuneec. the one still on the fully intact sensor board is a upgrade lens probably from pix arrow. as soon as I get the e50 I going to disassemble the head and swap main senor boards only if possible provided the main ribbon cable the same type. If this can be done e50 will become the ecgo3+

very promising results sacrificed video quality but made good gains in flight time. ultra x h480 went from 19 to 20 min to 24min (which is venom and yuneec h520 oem territory with the e90 camera on the h520.) yuneec h520 oem increased to 25 min 30 sec. venom h520 was about 35 seconds from hitting 30 min mark in the air. and now I going to have to revaluate my st16s battery usage. due to the gains made in flight time I am going to need to change out the controller battery much sooner. ultra x went from four to one st16s battery to 3 ultra x to one st16s battery. yuneec h520 oem and venom now require change outs after 2 flight batteries are used.

I got my batteries on the charger and placing them in storage mode. oh my the venoms were in single digits percent range. other were 12 to 16 percent range. that was flying down to the 15 percent mark and landed right after that.

had to send in prototype for repairs the gimbal wire were freying got luck and was able to salvage it. camera was repaired at vertigo drones and a new e50 camera was obtained. I now up my payload count to 4 cameras from three. did some test flights on 21st to see battery tome would be. on par to what I expected. stock e50 with h480 was 22 min. stock h520 oem yuneec 25min, venom was 27 min. had to cancel ecgo3 test due incoming rain. that is to be done 9-22-19 as soon as the sunrises.

did 21 battery flight testing of the ecgo3. not bad at all as the flights were concerned. Flew in very high wind gusts that made flying around impossible due to drift induced by the wind field. hover test at 398ft agl were impressive the h520 actualy held pretty much in place. but it really burned down the battery power. the wind made it nearly impossible to move to the south and southwest. moving west wind pushed the h520 to the northeast a bit. had to drop to 80ft agl to gain some movement to the south. unfortunately that's were things turned south a bit. with cloudy sky coming back in did not want to try to beat the rain again. I errored moved the wrong stick and literally hit a brick wall of back of a empty picnic shelter at small town park. that I was flying out of. Some how the h520 itself did not sustain any body damage just minor scratches on the arm ends. I checked the arms and no fractures. Hit the wall just right were the props took the hit. checked the motors they responded without issue. Also the h520 main board payload circuit did not short out. tested with e90 to confirm that I would not need a new mainboard. The ecgo was another matter I damaged the slipring wires. I going to have to send it off again for repair.

Terrence when you talk about wind and describe those movements, have you measured wind speed?

wind was solid out of south to southwest sustained 25mph gusts upto 40 mph max speed set on h520 was 22mph.

up to 60 km/h :D I also flew it with those gusts and it's incredible to watch it fight against the wind. My nerves didn't let me think about recording the drone directly so that you could see how you fight and win. The truth is that you have to see it, they tell you and you don't believe it, but when you see it with your eyes :eek:

I asked you because that behavior also had mine, the wind dragged a little with the strongest gusts but returned to his position alone when the wind lowered a little intensity. But the battery ate it in half the time or less.

had a good day new with new flight times. no payloads this time on the h520 is as follows at hover ultra x h480 battery 26mi 21 sec yuneec oem h520 29 min 22sec. now for king venom h520 battery 33min 56 sec at the 15 percent mark. yes I found a way to make the h520 exceed 30 min flight mark

Reactions: arruntus
now that I got a max flight time marked. I can start building list of payload mass to max flight time ratio. That be helpful when new addon payloads come to market. I be able to determine how much air time I should be able to get.

It's a pity we don't really know the maximum payload weight it can support.

for now we do not. but that can be found out in due time. waiting on the project camera to come back from repair. also have a scale that measures at 1 gram interval. With the spare gimbal mounting parts plus a empty h480 real sense shell I think I can fasten up a box and slowly add plastic weight by 10 gram intervals (not using metal due to potential compass issues.) till the craft begins to fly not right. sad part is the camera is fixed (broken slipring wire and gimbal board with a broken motor port) (a e50 spare part)replaced but is unable to calibrate due to subtraction of weight of camera lens and removal and replacement counter weighted back shell. but I can set it up to use as a fixed fpv camera. not much of a difference in time 2 min more average per battery between e50 converted to e cgo3+ and stock e50. also note when I fly it in manual bind mode the st16s battery drain is much slower. I still got use for the broken gimbal board the critical wifi, slipring and camera power ports are still intact and are functional. that going to be used to make e50 nonvideo telemetry radio.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval