Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New realsense video , any german translator's

One thing I noticed is 3 aerials .

Click on the little gear icon to open settings. Chose subtitles-auto-translate then select English. It is a poor translation but gets the point across. Darn "Buy DJI P4" banners kept popping up as I tried to watch.

I can't do that in OR can't find how to do that with android .
I can play it back with german CC , but not English.

The auto-translation is completely useless anyway, you haven't missed much. Here are the relevant bits:

• The ST16 that comes with the Typhoon H Pro with RealSense has three antennas for a more stable connection. The mushroom antenna for video and two pole antennas for telemetry and control. It seems that the controller he has is not the final version, since there is no external connector for the mushroom antenna.
  • Yuneec will offer an upgrade program for those with the existing two-antenna ST16. The controller will have to be sent in.
  • Above the Gear button is a new Playback button which allows still images and ivdeos to be reviewed in Flight Mode. The reviewer said it was playing videos from the ST16, and that they should be purged periodically to free up the limited storage of the ST16. I think that means that the ST16 is recording low-resolution 720P proxy files (essentially the video that the camera streams to the ST16).
  • There is a new function to format the SD card inserted into the camera.
  • There is added support for the C-GOET infrared camera that was shown at the Nuremberg Toy Fair
  • There are obviously new revisions of the firmware in the ST16, as well as the Typhoon H, including updates to the gimbal and Autopilot. I noticed the IPS software version is shown as v0.0, so maybe this particular Typhoon H wasn't equipped with it or it was powered off?
  • The Pad has new apps: Flight Log Parser which lets you view and play back flight telemetry / logs overlayed on a map, VLC (Video LAN Client) for video playback, and Google Maps.
  • One of the videos showed RealSense avoiding obstacles on a playground, as well as trees. He mentioned that once the RealSense-equipped Typhoon H had recognized and avoided an obstacle, it would remember it and fly around it faster the next time.
  • Further improvements to the ST16 are planned and will be delivered in future updates.

Last edited:
Yunnec told there is an update in Pipeline and will be get online the next days... but i hope there will be more improvements which we need !

- stable slow smooth flight (at moment only with GPS off)
- more settings for flight control
- adjustable RTH-Height
- speed control for Automatic Flight modes
- CCC can start again after mission
- CCC start clear when i move the stick (at moment delay and don't start everytime)
- better cam software

i have speak with the Teamleader of Technic from YUNEEC and he wanted tell me 3rd Antenna is only for the Intel. His Words: "if you don't have a Typhoon H with Intel real sense, you don't need it !!!!" ....i think its better i don't comment that

Well I see two points you was asking for.

A way to format the sd card in the camera and a flight log app.
I still can't see one thing that yuneec usa said , a sim card in the st16+

I don't recall Yuneec ever promising support for SIM cards. They talked about the hardware that the ST16 was based on, including the Intel Atom SoC processor, some versions of which have a built-in 3G modem. So while it would technically be possible to provide cellular connectivity, that isn't something you should be basing your buying decision on -- it may come at some point, or it may not.

Yes , you are right , I think it said it had 3g on the yuneec usa web site about realsense.
But doesn't a 3g modem need a sim card ? or do you think they mean a 3g dongle via usb ?.

You don't necessarily need a separate, physical SIM card. There are SIM cards that are integrated into the cellular modem, as well as virtual SIM cards. I don't know if that is something the Intel Atom SoC supports.

This could means that the long wait for the pro is nearly over , lets hope.
I was going to wait until Christmas before getting my H pro , but I may wait while a few of you beta guinea pigs try it out first.

the sharpness problem is more the bad adjusted lens...

and next will update will be the Peau Lens that the images are not disformed. but that the Cam-Soft put so fast noise in it in lo light shows again a bad Programming...its a new Sony Chip inside the Cam...this chip has more to give to what we get now. but if i see how slow Yuneec is my hope is low for update in that.

If i see whats in the next update: You can play the downstreams direct in ST16 without put the SD-card in th ST16... but you must delete the files yourself because the Memory is low in ST16, the guy reported in his Video... why Yuneec don't say we stream it on a SD Card in the ST16...why we need a PC app for Boundaries, if we have the possibility with a full app.... why they don't look on other companies what they have implanted...

and after the advanced typhoon users have done the beta test, they put a 3rd antenna in for the typhoon pro....and we have to pay for, that we have found all that mistakes ?????
i think we Beta-Flyer gets all a new ST16+ from Yuneec and a battery for free for that 5 weeks of stress :D:D:D:D

Yunnec told there is an update in Pipeline and will be get online the next days... but i hope there will be more improvements which we need !

- stable slow smooth flight (at moment only with GPS off)
- more settings for flight control
- adjustable RTH-Height
- speed control for Automatic Flight modes
- CCC can start again after mission
- CCC start clear when i move the stick (at moment delay and don't start everytime)
- better cam software

i have speak with the Teamleader of Technic from YUNEEC and he wanted tell me 3rd Antenna is only for the Intel. His Words: "if you don't have a Typhoon H with Intel real sense, you don't need it !!!!" ....i think its better i don't comment that
Can you please tell them about the lousy camera, please improve the picture quality or come out a better camera and sell separately for us to replace the lousy camera.

One of the comments under his previous Youtube videos that showed RealSense in action indicated it may be down to about 15 minutes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval