Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New to Typhoon H Plus

Reaction score
Question from North Carolina... just received the plus today. When I start the motors, they stay on for few seconds the shut down. They will not stay on to lift off. Is this a NFZ issue or something else? Thanks.

Were you getting any alarms or other indications that something might be wrong?
The motors shut down normally after a few seconds unless you lift off. Not sure what the real reasoning was, but it's generally a good idea. When the drone is on the ground with the props running, it is fairy easy to tip over. You mentioned "a few seconds". If you can clarify how many seconds, it would help to understand if you are getting the normal shutdown, or if something is actually wrong. I believe the time delay is 5 seconds, but perhaps someone can correct me if that is not right.

Reactions: DoomMeister
No alarms and nothing on the screen like NFZ or something like that. As soon as the motors are armed, I raise the throttle to lift and then shuts down. Probably within 5 seconds after starting. I am about 3-4 miles from a small airport...general aviation, no tower or nothing like that. My Phantom 4 gives a warning on the screen and I can ignore it. My software says up to date?
Were you getting any alarms or other indications that something might be wrong?
The motors shut down normally after a few seconds unless you lift off. Not sure what the real reasoning was, but it's generally a good idea. When the drone is on the ground with the props running, it is fairy easy to tip over. You mentioned "a few seconds". If you can clarify how many seconds, it would help to understand if you are getting the normal shutdown, or if something is actually wrong. I believe the time delay is 5 seconds, but perhaps someone can correct me if that is not right.

It's an early guess, but I wonder if the controller is actually sending the "throttle up" signal. Can you check the "RC Monitor" to ensure J1 is first in the center, then increases as you push the throttle up?

Also, ensure the controller is in "Mode 2". If it is in "Mode 1", the throttle stick becomes J3 (the right stick), so moving the left stick is not increasing the throttle. (It would also give you a real bad day if you managed to get off the ground without knowing the two controls were reversed.)

Last edited:
I did check the RC Monitor and Mode 2...all seems fine. Just going thru the manual and I may have been too close to the aircraft which caused it to shut down when I tried to lift off. I saw where it says 26' from the controller..... maybe that is the problem?

What position is your Mode switch in Smart/Sport, Angle, or RTL (up, mid, down)? What color are the two rear motor LED’s?

Last edited:
Reactions: jdixon7057
No, didn't try the auto takeoff. Will try this and the slider. I had it to the slowest setting [emoji23]

No alarms and nothing on the screen like NFZ or something like that. As soon as the motors are armed, I raise the throttle to lift and then shuts down. Probably within 5 seconds after starting. I am about 3-4 miles from a small airport...general aviation, no tower or nothing like that. My Phantom 4 gives a warning on the screen and I can ignore it. My software says up to date?
It might be worth checking the "History" screen to see if anything useful is being recorded. Ensure the H Plus is bound to the controller, then click the icon nearest the center. See below.
HPlus History Screen.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval