Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Tornado H920 coming soon?

@Piewee this is great news!!! Did they happen to tell you what the upgrade path looks like? Keep the same copter, just get new parts?

If you already own the v1 then in december/januari you can send in your h920 so they can do the rebuild update(new processor and click on props, software), but that might have a waitinglist that could take up to 4 months. Best was to buy the new v2 in december/januari. but old owners do have the possibility to upgrade..not sure it will be for free, but I guess it will be since it is basically a build error right? I could be wrong, but if I recall correct this is what they said.

@Piewee Sounds encouraging, I am currently a Typhoon H owner. Up to now I would not have considered the H920 a realistic option. This may just tip the balance. One question though, forgive my ignorance, is the GH4 an interchangeable lens system when you talk of using the Olympus 12mm? I always thought it was a fixed lens with zoom?

humzz..I indeed tought it was interchangeable, I could be wrong because they had the olympus mounted to it. But maybe that was on the gh4 gimbal..that would be dealbreaker for me if it was fixed tho. I tought it only had a few compatible lenses, the olly would be one of them. so I don't think it's a fixed lens. I justthink the update comes a year too late as most people would want to mount a panny GX85 or a olympus e_m1 mark2 that have a 5axis sensor stabaliser and offers the same recording functions as the gh4. Also in januari people might be wanting to have the option to mount the gh5 to it, so they have 4k at 60fps in proress 422 10bit. I think they shuld really offer the option to mount one of those camera's..and I think they will in the future. The v2 drone will at least be a lot better and futureproof as a drone, they just need to update their gimbals as well to keep me interested.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed they have some type of trade in program of those of us who own a H902 V1
Yes they will have, I remember he told me, just not sure if there is money involved, but it would just take longer then if you would just right away buy the V2, so you'll have all the updates at first.

humzz..I indeed tought it was interchangeable, I could be wrong because they had the olympus mounted to it. But maybe that was on the gh4 gimbal..that would be dealbreaker for me if it was fixed tho. I tought it only had a few compatible lenses, the olly would be one of them. so I don't think it's a fixed lens. I justthink the update comes a year too late as most people would want to mount a panny GX85 or a olympus e_m1 mark2 that have a 5axis sensor stabaliser and offers the same recording functions as the gh4. Also in januari people might be wanting to have the option to mount the gh5 to it, so they have 4k at 60fps in proress 422 10bit. I think they shuld really offer the option to mount one of those camera's..and I think they will in the future. The v2 drone will at least be a lot better and futureproof as a drone, they just need to update their gimbals as well to keep me interested.
Well, we are talking about the CG04 presumably, Yuneec version of the GH4? Yuneecs info says The CGO4 camera features a 3x optical zoom lens so I assume it is not interchangeable

Well, we are talking about the CG04 presumably, Yuneec version of the GH4? Yuneecs info says The CGO4 camera features a 3x optical zoom lens so I assume it is not interchangeable
From Yuneec website...CGO4 gimbal camera is also compatible with the Olympus 12mm, Olympus 45mm prime lenses and Olympus 14-42mm zoom lens to meet photographers’ needs.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Reactions: OnTheRopes
Great news, let's see what transpires.
Is the GX85 known in the UK as GX80?
Does anyone have this in a drone and with what lenses?

Well that all escalated quickly, good to hear that us H920 V1 owners will get a look in. We are at the commercial uav show this week so I'll spend some quality time with the guys at the yuneec stand and get it all confirmed again :)

Well that all escalated quickly, good to hear that us H920 V1 owners will get a look in. We are at the commercial uav show this week so I'll spend some quality time with the guys at the yuneec stand and get it all confirmed again :)

Who else is going to the commercial show??
Do you guys want to meet up for a coffee to discuss further?
Im registered for the show and keep getting emails wanting to do networking... IM not interested in that but would like to see what is new on the market , where Yuneec are standing on the Tornado upgrade as I am seriously looking at The Zenith if they dont come through.
Baz

Reactions: anthony h-ellary
So if I am understanding all of this, Yuneec has stopped the development of the camera with the 18X zoom?
I currently have a YTH, and was starting to save my pennies for the 920. I want to get more into inspection and SAR work. I do not need Hallmark video quality, but do need ZOOM.
I am surprised that there have not been more 3rd party camera/gimbal options for all the Yuneec birds.

I believe that you're right Bob. Will see them on Wednesday to put them through the inquisition about what the future plans are and will ask what is likely in the future for the gimbals.

Bazbro, Volanti- I'll be there at the Commercial UAV show on the Weds. I'd be up for a meet- PM me then if you get time and are free.

Im registered for the show and keep getting emails wanting to do networking... IM not interested in that but would like to see what is new on the market , where Yuneec are standing on the Tornado upgrade as I am seriously looking at The Zenith if they dont come through.
Baz
How much is the Zenith? I like the x8 configuration :)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Baz

I'm going to the show tomorrow (Thursday).

Interesting comments from Yuneec today at the Commercial UAV show- NO new HW FOR H920- a SW update will give the H920 the same feature capabilities as the TH, including additional geotagging of images taken with GH4.

On top of this, the V30 x30 optical zoom camera gimbal.

This is different to what others have mentioned...

Anyone else hear the same?

Interesting comments from Yuneec today at the Commercial UAV show- NO new HW FOR H920- a SW update will give the H920 the same feature capabilities as the TH, including additional geotagging of images taken with GH4.

On top of this, the V30 x30 optical zoom camera gimbal.

This is different to what others have mentioned...

Anyone else hear the same?

I've been today to the show and concur re the V30 zoom camera in probably December/January.
I was also advised of a hardware upgrade around the same time but I get the distinct impression that the guys from UK don't know when it'll be launched.
I did ask about upgrade ability and was advised that this will be possible for existing users.
I'm back there tomorrow if you have any specific questions that you want me to ask?
Baz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis