Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Typhoon Feller

Reaction score
Hi!

Just picked up the new 4k Typhoon. I was set on a Phantom 3 until i gotta load of this thing! Nice to have alternatives! Anyway, I plan on flying her for the first time tomorrow. Wish me luck!!! (No tree hugging!)

Find a nice large open space that's safe.
Take baby steps, controlled heights, distances, manual landings etc. just to make sure the quad is listening.

Experience will gain confidence. Soon you will expand your ranges and terrain.
Enjoy your flight. Bet you can't wait to get home and see your first video.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum RockettDronePilot. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec UAV’s.

Enjoy your new bird! :)

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum RockettDronePilot. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec UAV’s.

Enjoy your new bird! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. This morning is flight morning! I have been familiarizing myself with the kit for the past couple of days. I have the hand held working perfectly and I hope I can make the bird fly just as well. Reports to come!

Find a nice large open space that's safe.
Take baby steps, controlled heights, distances, manual landings etc. just to make sure the quad is listening.

Experience will gain confidence. Soon you will expand your ranges and terrain.
Enjoy your flight. Bet you can't wait to get home and see your first video.

I'll be in a large park today. Can't wait!

Soooooo!? How did it go? :D
I'm on the fence, should I do Phantom 3 Pro or Yuneec 4k. I'm super tempted because of the Phantom's Lightbridge system range, but I like the Yuneec's extra features and more accessories, I'm really torn. Any inputs guys?

Soooooo!? How did it go? :D
I'm on the fence, should I do Phantom 3 Pro or Yuneec 4k. I'm super tempted because of the Phantom's Lightbridge system range, but I like the Yuneec's extra features and more accessories, I'm really torn. Any inputs guys?

I was where you are over the summer. In November, I chose Q500 4K because of a few things.
-Extra goodies
-Fantastic & fast customer service
-Intel just invested $60 million in Yunee vs DJI. Good things to come with those two teaming up.

Both birds are very nice. I have no regrets in my choice getting the 4K. It's an amazing aircraft right out of the box.

Yes, I'm torn precisely because the Yuneec offers the extra battery, the handgrip for the camera, and that watch me feature is really cool and useful. I'm just afraid of the FPV signal getting lost, it's a heavy investment which I don't want to lose.
You see, I'm not planning to do super long distance flights or anything like this, I have a lake across from my house and I'd like to take a few nice shots and videos. The lake is around 500 m accross, LOS (of course) but I've read some Yuneec pilots losing FPV in as little as 150 m or hovering just above them. Of course, your mileage may vary, from user to user and configuration, but that reliability is really something I want to have.

On the other hand, I know that if something were to happen (flyaway, hardware failure, or such) Yuneec won't let me down, as far as I've read. Provided you have proof that you've followed all the calibration procedures and thoroughly inspected your machine.

How many flights have you logged, @Fleamac ? How has your video signal held up?

(Light bridge is 720p for up to 2.1 km (even more)) I have seen a few videos on YouTube showing both of them (P3 and YQ5004K) doing the same route and the Yuneec losing FPV signal in less than halfway of the DJI's range.

Yes, I'm torn precisely because the Yuneec offers the extra battery, the handgrip for the camera, and that watch me feature is really cool and useful. I'm just afraid of the FPV signal getting lost, it's a heavy investment which I don't want to lose.
You see, I'm not planning to do super long distance flights or anything like this, I have a lake across from my house and I'd like to take a few nice shots and videos. The lake is around 500 m accross, LOS (of course) but I've read some Yuneec pilots losing FPV in as little as 150 m or hovering just above them. Of course, your mileage may vary, from user to user and configuration, but that reliability is really something I want to have.

On the other hand, I know that if something were to happen (flyaway, hardware failure, or such) Yuneec won't let me down, as far as I've read. Provided you have proof that you've followed all the calibration procedures and thoroughly inspected your machine.

How many flights have you logged, @Fleamac ? How has your video signal held up?

(Light bridge is 720p for up to 2.1 km (even more)) I have seen a few videos on YouTube showing both of them (P3 and YQ5004K) doing the same route and the Yuneec losing FPV signal in less than halfway of the DJI's range.

Being new to this, I'm slowly letting it get further and further away. I've had about 10 flights and on my first flight there was some 'static' on my screen. I never lost control of the bird. I immediately did all the firmware updates, and recalibrated. All has been flawless since then. But I'm not pushing it out 500m. Not yet.

One thing I have read is that you should keep the flat part on top of the TX aimed at the aircraft. That's the antenna. So maybe people having problems aren't pointing it at the drone. I don't know....

I also liked the light bridge idea. But again, I'm not going that far out yet. A big deciding point, besides all the features of the aircraft, was CS. If and when I need to talk to the manufacturer I prefer a timely response. Yuneec has that. I had a bad crash, my fault. (Stupid tree) I called them, they put me through to a tech and he had me flying again in 10 minutes. In that crash I lost a gimble stabilizer. They dropped some in the mail to me. Who else does that?

The 2 drones are very similar. But the 4K comes with more goodies, and has the screen built into the tx. That's one less link in the chain.
We're going to crash and need help/service. I chose to spend my money with a company that has a good CS reputation. And that's Yuneec!

This is ultimately, the same thing I think too. I'm not new to flying, I have a small 330 racing quad, some small indoor quads, some foamies, and while I'm no ace, I can handle speed and orientation decently. I'm very methodical, and I will not take off without following everything to the T. I think it's a safer bet to get the Yuneec since I can rely on their service, if something were to happen, and I hope not, I baby my things a lot and prevent them from getting damaged always.

I think your insight has pushed me over the edge a bit more. I also think that for me, 800 m is probably more than enough for all I want, as long as I can rely on the drone not flying off and hitting someone or something expensive :D.

Maybe you have some more footage that you would be willing to share? :) I'm excited, this is a cool drone, and DJI is also nice and solid, but the batteries are expensive, and the service is not very good... Also, as shallow as it may be, it's too mainstream, it's nice to have a unique drone, pun totally intended.

Reactions: Fleamac

As you can see from this video, I've run my drone over 1,500 feet away from my TX. I haven't ever lost video signal or command of height, or control. They claim a video range of 1968 feet. I've gained confidence in the technology with probably over 50 flights to send it off almost out of site. A you tube video claims the signal picture last much longer while the camera is pointing away from you do to the relations of the antennae to the receiver. I've never lost control of any flying functions either. I've downloaded the new Firmware that returns it automatic too in case of signal loss. That some extra insurance in my mind. Unwilling though to shut the unit off to see if it works. lol

As you can see from this video, I've run my drone over 1,500 feet away from my TX. I haven't ever lost video signal or command of height, or control. They claim a video range of 1968 feet. I've gained confidence in the technology with probably over 50 flights to send it off almost out of site. A you tube video claims the signal picture last much longer while the camera is pointing away from you do to the relations of the antennae to the receiver. I've never lost control of any flying functions either. I've downloaded the new Firmware that returns it automatic too in case of signal loss. That some extra insurance in my mind. Unwilling though to shut the unit off to see if it works. lol

Ohh this is awesome!! This is enough range for me in any case, I believe I'm swaying back to the Yuneec. I have budgeted getting it by the end of December. I have a bit less than a month to decide. I'll keep watching videos of the Yuneec, I'm very much looking forward to it. Have you had any scary moments? loss of control or signal momentarily?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval