Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new Typhoon H plus

Reaction score
I received my new typhoon H plus and I have been researching on start up and calibrations and things to do before first flight! My question is even before I get out into the field and do a calibrations should I check to see if anything needs to be upgraded first! any suggestions and comments would be appreciated!

Congrats on your new aircraft and welcome to the forum! Make extensive use of the “Search” feature here; it’s the little magnifying glass in the upper right next to “History”. Most, if not all of your initial questions will be answered already, many times over. Research, learn, and read, read, read.

The first thing to do is a familiarization session with your new bird. Download this manual:

Typhoon H Plus Manual

Then, power up the controller, then the aircraft (no props, don’t start motors) and let them connect. Read through the manual, and for every button, switch, slider....identify them on the controller so you know where everything is, what it does and why. Pan the camera around, try different camera modes, take some pictures at different resolutions.... do the same with video. Understand the different flying modes, menu items, etc....learn all you can as you read the manual and investigate the controller and aircraft. Avoid “Smart Mode” for now.

I promise you, this effort and time spent will really pay off the first time you go out to fly. The H+ isn’t a toy you “buy-n-fly”....you need to really prepare yourself, and the aircraft for your first flight. Lay a solid foundation of knowledge to build on and you’ll have years of flying joy ahead of you! Have fun!

You will get a few different responses on these topics here is mine;

1] Check what firmware your Plus is currently running - if it is 784, you do NOT need to update - I am still running on the update from last august.

2] Do a Compass calibration only.

3] Familiarize yourself with all controls and flight modes

4] Go Fly.

My tuppence worth is that there is no immediate need to update firmware at first. Providing that you have familiarized yourself with the controls and done a compass calibration in the field (this is essential before the first flight) the aircraft should be good to fly out of the box. By all means check to see if you have the latest firmware, but it isn't essential that you update the firmware before your first flight.

On your first flight of the day allow time for the GPS to update before starting the motors. It is necessary for the Plus to record it's current location and record the takeoff point. That may take several minutes on the first flight each day. Subsequent flights will be much faster.

Short version; don’t mess with anything you don’t fully understand until you’ve gained enough experience with other features that will help you understand.

DON’T mess with firmware unless it needs to be updated and you know what you’re doing. Check the version you have before doing it even after you understand.

Reactions: Phaedrus
Congrats on your new aircraft and welcome to the forum! Make extensive use of the “Search” feature here; it’s the little magnifying glass in the upper right next to “History”. Most, if not all of your initial questions will be answered already, many times over. Research, learn, and read, read, read.

The first thing to do is a familiarization session with your new bird. Download this manual:

Typhoon H Plus Manual

Then, power up the controller, then the aircraft (no props, don’t start motors) and let them connect. Read through the manual, and for every button, switch, slider....identify them on the controller so you know where everything is, what it does and why. Pan the camera around, try different camera modes, take some pictures at different resolutions.... do the same with video. Understand the different flying modes, menu items, etc....learn all you can as you read the manual and investigate the controller and aircraft. Avoid “Smart Mode” for now.

I promise you, this effort and time spent will really pay off the first time you go out to fly. The H+ isn’t a toy you “buy-n-fly”....you need to really prepare yourself, and the aircraft for your first flight. Lay a solid foundation of knowledge to build on and you’ll have years of flying joy ahead of you! Have fun!
What about batteries? Should they be fully charged to do this?

What about batteries? Should they be fully charged to do this?

Welcome!

Only time one really should start with fully charged batteries is flight and firmware updates.

Just goofing around on the ground doesn’t take much juice. Read the “Care and feeding on LiPo batteries” to learn more.

Good luck!

Jeff

Welcome!

Only time one really should start with fully charged batteries is flight and firmware updates.

Just goofing around on the ground doesn’t take much juice. Read the “Care and feeding on LiPo batteries” to learn more.

Good luck!

Jeff
Thanks. That’s what I thought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval