Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Typhoon H Pro Battery Question

Reaction score
Hello,

New to Forum, hope this is right place in forum, anyway, just received my Typhoon H Pro, charges both stock batteries, I checked voltage of batteries with volt meter. I bought compatible volt meter, it is showing on first battery 16.4 volts, second battery 16.7, is this normal?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Hello,
New to Forum, hope this is right place in forum, anyway, just received my Typhoon H Pro, charges both stock batteries, I checked voltage of batteries with volt meter. I bought compatible volt meter, it is showing on first battery 16.4 volts, second battery 16.7, is this normal?
Thanks, Jimmy
16.4 is a bit low. Many of mine read 16.5 and 16.6. Full charge at 4.2 volts/cell should be 16.8. Put that battery back on the charger and see if it will charge a bit higher. Also, Lipo's tend to charge higher after a few discharge cycles.

Thanks, I charged them both up two days ago, ready to fly, weather not cooperating. I Will probably need to recharge.

Thanks, I charged them both up two days ago, ready to fly, weather not cooperating. I Will probably need to recharge.
They will hold a charge for a long time. If you don't use them in a week, I would drain them back down to 15.2. You shouldn't store fully charged Lipo's.

If you don't have a charger that has Storage Mode, then you can use a 12v headlight and drain them. Just don't go below 14 volts or the batteries may be damaged. The best storage voltage is 15.2 and that is the voltage when you receive them.

Reactions: jimmywe
Any battery brand and model the long time TH owners here recommend? I have read in some posts that the best one is still the original/stock battery. This is pretty subjective but I think the one that has most users (happy and satisfied users) is the best one. :)

Reactions: jimmywe
Any battery brand and model the long time TH owners here recommend? I have read in some posts that the best one is still the original/stock battery. This is pretty subjective but I think the one that has most users (happy and satisfied users) is the best one. :)
I use 4 GiFi Power 8050mA and are very satisfied as they give longer flight time than stock batteries. Read my previous post here: GiFi 8050mA flight time

If you don't have a charger that has Storage Mode, then you can use a 12v headlight and drain them. Just don't go below 14 volts or the batteries may be damaged. The best storage voltage is 15.2 and that is the voltage when you receive them.
I have EV-peak CD1-XR, just haven't taken out of box and read instructions.

Yes, pretty subjective.
Of course someone that owns a battary X that is not exploded yet is going to say that product is pretty much ok. And in good faith.

Best do some research yourself. The best buy is totally up to you and your expectations of batteries and your H.

You will find out that batts promising many more minutes flight time are maybe not he best buy.

Personally I go to a fly with more then enough batteries (fully charged...!). That will give me plenty of flying time and a lot of ease. I do not have any batteries with higher specs then the standard ones, but I have 6 of them. 2 Yuneec OEM and the rest Gens Tattu.
In USA these batteries cost almost half of them in Europe, where they are a bit under the OEM price. Still I bought them (I live and buy in Europe) they are their money worth.

:)

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Yes, pretty subjective.
Of course someone that owns a battary X that is not exploded yet is going to say that product is pretty much ok. And in good faith.

Best do some research yourself. The best buy is totally up to you and your expectations of batteries and your H.

You will find out that batts promising many more minutes flight time are maybe not he best buy.

Personally I go to a fly with more then enough batteries (fully charged...!). That will give me plenty of flying time and a lot of ease. I do not have any batteries with higher specs then the standard ones, but I have 6 of them. 2 Yuneec OEM and the rest Gens Tattu.
In USA these batteries cost almost half of them in Europe, where they are a bit under the OEM price. Still I bought them (I live and buy in Europe) they are their money worth.

:)
Hi Dr Delta, yes more batts gives of course longer flight time but if you have difficult assignments every extra minute with a single battery is important. Especially if you have to fly over water.
None of my four Giffi 8050 mA batts have so far gone puffy after approx 25-35 charges and the flight time is 15-20% longer than H stock batts. Best from Sweden

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval