Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New typoon q500 4k (scare)

Reaction score
Hello everybody, my name is Phuong, I have never flown a drone before in my life :( . I have been saving money for this drone for 6 months already :), finally i got it in hand but i am very scare, I afraid i will fly to a tree or house.. then I lost 1000 ;(, i would cry all day... i will read a lot of you tube video before i will try my own :), thanks everybody for your time :)
Phuong

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum Phuong Le. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec UAV’s.

You have to make peace with yourself that every time you set it free it may not come back or it could crash, it's unlikely, but possible. After you get past that just go have fun and fly! :)
Read the manual so you are familiar with all the controls and functions. Start slow, stay low & fly close in a wide open area with no obstructions or overhead wires. Take your time and you will become more at ease the more you fly and see how she reacts. So go have fun!

Hello everybody, my name is Phuong, I have never flown a drone before in my life :( . I have been saving money for this drone for 6 months already :), finally i got it in hand but i am very scare, I afraid i will fly to a tree or house.. then I lost 1000 ;(, i would cry all day... i will read a lot of you tube video before i will try my own :), thanks everybody for your time :)
Phuong
Thats exactly how I feel. haha

I practiced with a cheaper quad that takes the hits, now I don't crash (that much) I treated myself. I also downloaded an app which was harder than the cheap quad.
Above all don't panic, I've only had my q500 out twice and it handles like a dream.
Happy flying

Phuong
Google "Yuneec Yunsim", it's a dongle that will let you use your ST10 with yuneec's free flight simulator. They're a heck of a lot cheaper than crashes with the real thing.

Phuong
Watch plenty of tutorials on You Tube and Yuneec Website, and take it slow.

I waited over 2 months after I got mine before I launched her, I kept telling my self it's just too windy today, maybe tomorrow. LOL

I hear ya! I'm trying to come to grips with just how much money am I comfortable "writing off". For me its the thought of a complete loss of the vehicle, like a flyaway and is never returned. I'm planning on taking it in some pretty remote places, that I'm sure if it gets away from me, not only will I not be able to recover it, it may never be found again. If I knew I'd never lose it, heck the check for the 4k would already be in the mail....

Shouldn't be an issue at all, I've flown mine out past where the video and/or telemetry has been lost and it has always come back in range on it's own just as they programmed it to do, the only fly away I am aware of is someone that deliberately turned the GPS off. They got it back but still.

Just make sure you get the latest firmware for your version.

Reactions: GlennK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval