Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New update available BUILD784_20181122

@Peggy: great post.
Forgot to mention that I have the habbit - back from my Phantom 2 vision days - of always having the camera pointing towards me (at 0 degrees) before doing any upgrades.

What I understand so far since I bought my Typhoon H+ in July is that - at least on mine - every single firmware upgrade EXCEPT build 652 does some kind of 'tuning' on the gimbal but only build 652 performs a full gimbal calibration.
I wish Yunnec would add a proper gimbal calibration procedure to the ST16S menu, so that the user can initiate it like dji/Parrot/Xiaomi does, it would save a lot of trouble and headaches (not to mention work on the Yuneec CC).

@Peggy: great post.
Forgot to mention that I have the habbit - back from my Phantom 2 vision days - of always having the camera pointing towards me (at 0 degrees) before doing any upgrades.

What I understand so far since I bought my Typhoon H+ in July is that - at least on mine - every single firmware upgrade EXCEPT build 652 does some kind of 'tuning' on the gimbal but only build 652 performs a full gimbal calibration.
I wish Yunnec would add a proper gimbal calibration procedure to the ST16S menu, so that the user can initiate it like dji/Parrot/Xiaomi does, it would save a lot of trouble and headaches (not to mention work on the Yuneec CC).
Thats what I found weird as the H520 has a full gimble calibration in the secret menu, ok it has datapilot instead of autopilot but surely that needs to be something that does need adding for the user

Reactions: Frontier
Performed the upgrade with my usual procedure: downgrading everything to build 652 and then going straight to 784. On updating the gimbal code to 784, the gimbal motors did some three tone noise that was not there on 777 (maybe they changed something).
No compass calibration done or any other calibration. Position hold is excellent, my H+ never drifted when flying on my usual test places (my home is pretty congested with WiFi), no lag or other disturbances noted.

Results are excellent: image looks rock solid on video, photos are crisp and colourful.

Normal mode

Original mode

Gorgeous mode
The "Original" mode looks great for photos, ready for a little tweeking in post. The other 2 are over sharpened for my taste.
Gorgeous and Natural both look pretty good for videos.
Thanks for posting these photos and videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frontier
Ran the update without any problems every thing seems to work, the video signal seems to connect to the controller a little bit faster and although I haven't flown it yet it appears that the signal is stronger. I have absolutely no interference indoor at home where I with previous versions would see some artifacts on screen due to the all the wifi signals in the apartment complex I live in.

With this version I am also seeing 2 - sats on the controller when I'm indoor and 5-7 on the drone so I suspect that the gps software is updated with stronger signal in this version.

Just waiting for the rain to stop so I can get it in air and see how it flies. [emoji16]

I had a GPS problem for a short while but it cleared up on its own after about 20 mins powered up. Im picking up more satellites than before the upgrade and the controlled to connecting more as well. Im getting both 20 on the drone and 20 on the controller constant now.

Reactions: mbernholdt
I had a GPS problem for a short while but it cleared up on its own after about 20 mins powered up. Im picking up more satellites than before the upgrade and the controlled to connecting more as well. Im getting both 20 on the drone and 20 on the controller constant now.
Nice thanks for the update [emoji108]

Sent from my CLT-L29 using YuneecPilots Drone Forum mobile app

Has any of you tried a range test?
Mine has reached 1k feet in an area that was once impossible.

My sat to RC has been in range of 20 - 27 and GPS is 20 constant.

At long range 1,000ft lat and 380ft alt, mine still small pixilations, but not has bad as before. The lag issue has been addressed to where the field screen doesn’t not freeze.

I will be sticking, with this build a bit longer. It feels like the 754, but greater [emoji23]

Finally got some decent weather to test out the new build 784 for the Typhoon H Plus. Yuneec didn't as usual release any explanation for this build, and it didn't notice any differences in flight either. So I'm guessing its just fixing a few hidden bugs in the overall system. The drone flew great as always and was stable and rock solid while hovering.

Anyone else noticed that Yuneec has rolled back the 784 update? IMG_20181222_135705~2.jpeg

I saw that on mine too. Not sure it means a roll back per se. I took it more as showing the previous version. Plus like yours, mine also says "No update required!" which indicates that 784 is the most current version.

I saw that on mine too. Not sure it means a roll back per se. I took it more as showing the previous version. Plus like yours, mine also says "No update required!" which indicates that 784 is the most current version.
Yea but usually the most recent firmware release would show up on the top in our case 784.

Users who havent run the update are on 777 which according to Yuneec is now the latest and we are running a version yuneec for what ever reason have removed from the public release.

It Makes me a little anxious if there is a critical bug in the 784 firmware we don't know about yet.

I am still at the 757 version and he offers me the 777 just now, it may be normal to go through the 777 before the 784 :confused:

1545498257855.jpeg

Yea but usually the most recent firmware release would show up on the top in our case 784.

Users who havent run the update are on 777 which according to Yuneec is now the latest and we are running a version yuneec for what ever reason have removed from the public release.

It Makes me a little anxious if there is a critical bug in the 784 firmware we don't know about yet.

Why not contact Yuneec and ask? I have rarely, if ever, seen a bug addressed by reverting to an older version. Normally a new version would be issued with a new version/build number.

Mine tells me that 784 is the current downloaded version and no update is required. I would not read more into it than there is there.

Why not contact Yuneec and ask? I have rarely, if ever, seen a bug addressed by reverting to an older version. Normally a new version would be issued with a new version/build number.

Mine tells me that 784 is the current downloaded version and no update is required. I would not read more into it than there is there.
Not really putting much into it just think it is strange that the update has been downgraded again.

My drone flies just fine and it is kind of hard to ask yuneec until next year so wanted to hear if I was the only one experiencing this.

There gotta be a reason why they have removed 784 from the public update server and placed the 784 back in the test environment.

Not really putting much into it just think it is strange that the update has been downgraded again.

My drone flies just fine and it is kind of hard to ask yuneec until next year so wanted to hear if I was the only one experiencing this.

There gotta be a reason why they have removed 784 from the public update server and placed the 784 back in the test environment.

777 also did this for me saying that 757 was latest so I guess they are now letting you know what previous firmware was before the current.
Not sure why and not sure that’s even the case.
Just speculating

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece