Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Newest Firmware

Reaction score
Hello and Happy Holidays to everyone,

In the last couple of months I purchased 2 Typhoon H drones, they were both reasonably inexpensive. Anyway, I have been looking to update both with the most recent firmware. Right after the purchase of the first TH I saw the firmware updates on Yuneec's website, but they are unavailable and have no idea if Yuneec will continue to support this model. I found one zip file with current firmware but am unsure about it. I would like to know if anyone has the most current firmware and could email them to me. Also, does anyone know if Yuneec will continue to support this model? I have been looking at the H3, but not sure with current situation. Happy Holidays

D7B8B6CE-B552-460B-BE68-803DECE78F1D.jpeg
With the aircraft and camera bound to the controller go to System Settings, About Controller and compare your versions to the photo. This is the up-to-date firmware for the controller, aircraft, and CGO3+ camera. There have been no updates since early 2017.

You can find most downloads at Yuneec Downloads

Yes, I have pics of current versions on both, one is current and the other is not. The out of date drone does have slight problem on auto takeoff and I remember see that was one fix on current firmware. Yuneec TH downloads is not available, page missing. Whether they intend to put back on new website? Someone posted a zip file on this website and I downloaded it, just dont know if is the right version. Anyway to transfer current firmware from one st16+ controller to another out of date st16+? Will Yuneec put TH firmware back on website?

I have a copy on my computer. I’ll put it up on my Google drive tomorrow morning and send you the link in PM. I’ll also hunt down the YT video from Yuneec for doing the firmware update and post the link in the same message.

Reactions: davemh
Here is the video with update instructions. You bypass the OTA portion of the update for the aircraft. Just load the Typhoon H firmware file on an empty SD card and insert it in the CGO3+ camera and power on the aircraft after updating the ST16.

Firmware for the ST16 is here ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec

Firmware for the Typhoon H is here TyphoonH_Ver3.04_A.bin

Last edited:
Reactions: Fleurbeelis
Thank you so much for firmware update. The TH I purchased most recently does auto takeoff much smoother than the other. It will be nice to have them both current. Happy holidays

I have downloaded both of the updates and followed the instructions however after clicking on the popup window and hitting the update button, nothing happens

I have downloaded both of the updates and followed the instructions however after clicking on the popup window and hitting the update button, nothing happens
Are they already on the latest firmware? It won’t update if it is already there.

Can you tell us at what step you are? Update ST16 or drone? What are the FW versions before you try to update?
Did you downloaded the FW with IE? This poor browser will change the file extension and update fails.

br HE

Last edited:
Here is the video with update instructions. You bypass the OTA portion of the update for the aircraft. Just load the Typhoon H firmware file on an empty SD card and insert it in the CGO3+ camera and power on the aircraft after updating the ST16.

Firmware for the ST16 is here ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec

Firmware for the Typhoon H is here TyphoonH_Ver3.04_A.bin
I have tried everything in your video and I can not get the H to work. In your video you do not say if the power has to be turned off when you pull/transfer the sd cards, and when the card is placed from the controller in to the drone, what happens to the empty space in the controller. I need some real help here otherwise I have an expensive boat anchor.

I have tried everything in your video and I can not get the H to work. In your video you do not say if the power has to be turned off when you pull/transfer the sd cards, and when the card is placed from the controller in to the drone, what happens to the empty space in the controller. I need some real help here otherwise I have an expensive boat anchor.
You must first download both of these files to your PC Version 3.1.30 and TyphoonH_Ver3.04_A.bin then transfer the ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec file to a freshly formatted (FAT32) SD card of 4GB to 32GB in size. Anything larger and the ST16 will not be able to read the card! Insert that into the ST16 turn it on and follow the instructions in the video to update the ST16. Follow the instructions to the point of rebinding the aircraft and camera to the ST16 after deleting the User Data from the FlightMode app as shown in the video. Once the ST16 has been updated remove the SD card, reformat it as FAT32 and transfer the TyphoonH_Ver3.04._A.bin file to the card.

With the power off on the aircraft insert the SD card into the CGO3+ and power up the aircraft. Once it has finished initializing perform part 4 of the video (you will not need to use wifi as the update file is on the SD card in the camera at this point). Continue the update and perform the required calibrations when complete.

Last edited:
You must first download both of these files to your PC ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec and TyphoonH_Ver3.04_A.bin then transfer the ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec file to a freshly formatted (FAT32) SD card of 4GB to 32GB in size. Anything larger and the ST16 will not be able to read the card! Insert that into the ST16 turn it on and follow the instructions in the video to update the ST16. Follow the instructions to the point of rebinding the aircraft and camera to the ST16 after deleting the Uer Data from the FlightMode app as shown in the video. Once the ST16 has been updated remove the SD card, reformat it as FAT32 and transfer the TyphoonH_Ver3.04._A.bin file to the card.

With the power off on the aircraft insert the SD card into the CGO3+ and power up the aircraft. Once it has finished initializing perform part 4 of the video (you will not need to use wifi as the update file is on the SD card in the camera at this point). Continue the update and perform the required calibrations when complete.
I've had my Typhoon H (no Plus) since 2018 and have had to send it in twice for body work. Just got it back after the second incident and would like to update the firmware on both the ST16 and the drone itself but, when I click on your files listed above, I get a "deleted" message. Are they no longer available?

Also, I took the bird up this afternoon for the first time and it went "berserk" flying off to the right and behind before I could get it back under control and back to me and landed. Could this be an issue with the controller sending random commands? It acted as if I was pressing on the right controller to the 5:00 position. It checked out at the repair center before they returned it, flying it three different times which makes me think the controller is the issue or the wireless interface?

Tim

I've had my Typhoon H (no Plus) since 2018 and have had to send it in twice for body work. Just got it back after the second incident and would like to update the firmware on both the ST16 and the drone itself but, when I click on your files listed above, I get a "deleted" message. Are they no longer available?

Also, I took the bird up this afternoon for the first time and it went "berserk" flying off to the right and behind before I could get it back under control and back to me and landed. Could this be an issue with the controller sending random commands? It acted as if I was pressing on the right controller to the 5:00 position. It checked out at the repair center before they returned it, flying it three different times which makes me think the controller is the issue or the wireless interface?

Tim
The links should now work. Not sure what happened as they were working last night when posted. There must have been some editing done on the Dropbox.

From your description of your issue it is highly unlikely that firmware is an issue. The latest versions are from early 2017. It sounds more like an issue with the control gimbal on the right side. Take a look at it in the Hardware Monitor and also the final output display (double tap the Volts on upper left of ST16 display).

I when I click on your files listed above, I get a "deleted" message. Are they no longer available?
You can also try this link. Be sure to use the "A" version of the drone firmware if you are in the US. Use the "E" version of the firmware if you are in the EU.

The links should now work. Not sure what happened as they were working last night when posted. There must have been some editing done on the Dropbox.

From your description of your issue it is highly unlikely that firmware is an issue. The latest versions are from early 2017. It sounds more like an issue with the control gimbal on the right side. Take a look at it in the Hardware Monitor and also the final output display (double tap the Volts on upper left of ST16 display).
Checked both the Hardware Monitor and Final Output Display and all appears normal, no unusual fluctuations. Moving the gimbal results in the normal changes on the display. Is rainy here this afternoon, so will have to wait until I can take it back outside and do a trial run.

Reactions: WTFDproject
We are back in operation and I thank you for your help. I'm curious how everyone, though, has learned how to operate the drone in other than "Smart" mode? I have yet to master this, and, not being coordinated, get turned around very easily.

Also, when you switch to "Home", does it not return to where it took off, or does it return to you (or within so many feet)?

Tim

We are back in operation and I thank you for your help. I'm curious how everyone, though, has learned how to operate the drone in other than "Smart" mode? I have yet to master this, and, not being coordinated, get turned around very easily.

Also, when you switch to "Home", does it not return to where it took off, or does it return to you (or within so many feet)?

Tim
The attached user enhanced manual will guide you well.

Home brings the aircraft back to the ST16 controller (about 8 meters away for safety). The best mode to fly in is the Angle mode. Smart mode has the safe circle and can result in unpredictable flight behavior.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 11
After spending over $800 for repairs on two separate incidents in the last year-and-a-half, I definitely appreciate the help. I've also found that it is best to stay away from power lines, or am I wrong?

I guess I'm going to have to purchase a pair of high-power binoculars to ascertain the position of the craft until I can nail down my eye-hand coordination. . . :).

What doesn't appear to help either is being a pilot for over 40 years.

Thanks, again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval