Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

NFZ in Brazil

Reaction score
I would like a way to release the NFZ here in Brazil. The Yuneec website doesn't have an option for that. Is there an alternative way to disable this restriction?

Use the Yuneec website and schedule a Customer Support phone call.

They have to provide support somehow. Hopefully you can leave your phone number in the system.

There shouldn't be any reason to "disable" the NFZ functionality of your UAV. Although I don't specifically have knowledge of aviation rules in Brazil, I am picking the universality of aviation airspace would almost certainly mean Brazilian law relating to UAVs flying in a restricted airspace will be the same as other countries ranging from UK, US, Aus, NZ, Can, China. I could go on!

My very strong suggestion would be; if you have reason to fly within a NFZ area and can do so safely - meeting aviation requirements - then make an unlock request to Yuneec ahead of applying for appropriate authorisation from your Brazilian aviation authority.

Disabling the firmware/software though relatively easily achieved involves a process that is little short of hacking. Not a good move if you really don't know your way around software coding. Equally, and perhaps most importantly, governments the world over have been pushing very hard in the last few years to regulate UAV flying. Flying in a NFZ area, after disabling the NFZ firmware on your "bird" is potentially not only inviting you being prosecuted as well as confiscation of your UAV, it also plays right into the hands of media who seem to revel in the "bad news" stories about UAV's being flown in such situations. Lawmakers will also be more than happy to bow to public opinion around such media coverage, making it even harder still for all other UAV pilots to pursue their hobby, or business.

Follow the rule of law in your country. Don't risk putting other people in harm's way for the momentary gratification of thinking you've got one over Yuneec and the Brazilian aviation authority by disabling the NFZ function in your aircraft.

Enjoy the flying you are able to pursue legitimately :):cool:

Dear TwoHeadLines.... I got your point. I have two activities: Photographer and Roof Maintenance. This NFZ keeps the drone flying at maximum 50m. I need a little more than that for both activities. Below a photo that I took with the drone at this limit of 50m. Please note the bridge is much taller than that. And I have no intention to fly directly plane routing.

1578780084892.png

Dear TwoHeadLines.... I got your point. I have two activities: Photographer and Roof Maintenance. This NFZ keeps the drone flying at maximum 50m. I need a little more than that for both activities. Below a photo that I took with the drone at this limit of 50m. Please note the bridge is much taller than that. And I have no intention to fly directly plane routing.

View attachment 19731
Thanks for the extra insight into why you might wish to obtain an NFZ "unlock" - not "disable".
The photograph you have included is perhaps an ideal example of where you might be able to successfully argue for an authorisation to fly. If you were wanting to use your UAV to photograph this structure, both the eye-catching expressway suspension column and surrounding nearby apartment blocks are your "shield" and their presence should form a part of any application you might submit to fly in a NFZ. It would be hoped no fixed wing aircraft would be intentionally flying anywhere near these structures. I understand that Brazilian civil aviation authorities could still refuse authorisation to fly in a NFZ, but if a thorough and rational application to Yuneec to provide an unlock within a specific Lat/Long location gets you passed that hurdle, your submission to the Brazilian authority to fly in that same location has got to carry a lot more weight and hopefully get you over the line.

Happy flying :cool: ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430