Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

NFZ Turn Off Released By Yuneec

Reaction score
Yuneec is approving waivers for removing and/or adjusting NFZ parameters!
Waiting for for my "Unique Identifier" Here's how :
1).Call Yuneec and Open a Case #
2). They email you a "Release of Waiver" Form.
3). Fill it out and sign your Arrest Warrant, 'if' you fly carelessly!!! It will ask you to give full name, address and your H's Serial # and you will have to connect to the GUI to retrieve your H's Unique I.D #.
4) Scan it signed and email it in the email "Reply" sent by Yuneec with your Case# and Forum back to Yuneec and wait for ???.
I sent my Form in yesterday.
I use my H to fly my 333 and new 107 in farm and remote areas that may be within Class C.D and E Airspace to do some of my mapping jobs and this will free me up to follow my approvals from ATC and to 'Fly Responsibly"

For those who may choose to fly "Non-respectfully" it is your "One Way Ticket to Trouble" and I highly recommend you fly responsibly and respectfully according to the "Rules and Regulations" as to not mess it up for those who do RESPECT them! ;)

Last edited:
I received mine yesterday and can't seem to 'install' the license in my Typhoon H where it will reply back that the installation was successful.

Spent at least an hour trying to 'install' the license number I was given using the GUI as instructed in the PDF for it.

I know it's still not 'installing' properly because I still get the quick red/blue led flashes and the ST16 controller tells me I'm in a NFZ.
(I live near LAX, so even if I turn it all on I get the 'notification' of the NFZ. It's rather annoying because I just want to be able to turn everything on to work on it occasionally without all of the annoying notification of the NFZ.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why they made it so difficult? Seems the DJI method is a bit easier to do even though they both use the same NFZ provider, Airmap.

I received mine yesterday and can't seem to 'install' the license in my Typhoon H where it will reply back that the installation was successful.

Spent at least an hour trying to 'install' the license number I was given using the GUI as instructed in the PDF for it.

I know it's still not 'installing' properly because I still get the quick red/blue led flashes and the ST16 controller tells me I'm in a NFZ.
(I live near LAX, so even if I turn it all on I get the 'notification' of the NFZ. It's rather annoying because I just want to be able to turn everything on to work on it occasionally without all of the annoying notification of the NFZ.)

Ever get it to work? If so let me know how!:confused:

I'm still trying to figure out under what authority the manufacturers think they have to implement such restrictions anyway aside from the obvious fact that people buy their products anyway. I guess I just answered my own question.

I wonder if people would be so accepting on vehicle restrictions with regards to speed limits, etc.? Don't laugh. It's probably coming too. We call it communism for those 30 and under who don't know any better. Or care.

Ever get it to work? If so let me know how!:confused:
Actually, I tried it again this morning and it worked the first time with no problems; go figure.
(Maybe the laptop needed to be 'restart' to install properly? Doesn't make sense.)

Allen

I sent an email to Yuneec this am asking if I could disable the geo fence for controlled airspace.
They sent me waiver to fill out and sign which I did then sent it back then they sent me a file (license) to use with the GUI and turn off the NFZ which I did.
Whole thing from beginning to end only took a couple of hours.
Open the GUI installed the license and disabled the NFZ
Also changed the max altitude by a couple hundred feet.

I am very happy with how quick and easy it was.

Thank you I've tested today. At ST16 is increasingly info NFZ. Typhoon H goes into the flight, but the maximum altitude is 19 m
Still me why?

Because your in a NFZ, maybe a new one was updated to your area? Ask Yuneec for a "waiver", but even then, 30 m is your max!

I'm still trying to figure out under what authority the manufacturers think they have to implement such restrictions anyway aside from the obvious fact that people buy their products anyway. I guess I just answered my own question.

I wonder if people would be so accepting on vehicle restrictions with regards to speed limits, etc.? Don't laugh. It's probably coming too. We call it communism for those 30 and under who don't know any better. Or care.
When I questioned Yuneec on this they informed me that they were instructed to do it by the FCC not the GAS. Makes no sense but that is what they insisted.

The FCC has zero authority over aircraft altitudes or other flight restrictions, regardless of radio frequencies in use. Absolutely zero.

The FCC has zero authority over aircraft altitudes or other flight restrictions, regardless of radio frequencies in use. Absolutely zero.

I understand that. Reason I said their explanation makes no sense.

Agreed, unless they just wanted you to go away and not ask more questions. If that was the case they used the wrong explanation for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval