Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Nice Case!

Nice looking, Brian, and to me shipping is 15.88. Notice though, only the frame is aluminum, panels are ABS plastic.

Be careful. Most of the cases are NOT cut to cradle the airframe body so the H sits on the landing gear. The landing gear are not really built to support the body during transport. Check out the insert your H came with. The landing gear does not touch the bottom.
But that is a nice looking case.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Be careful. Most of the cases are NOT cut to cradle the airframe body so the H sits on the landing gear. The landing gear are not really built to support the body during transport. Check out the insert your H came with. The landing gear does not touch the bottom.
But that is a nice looking case.
Interesting point about the landing gear not being supported - I had never considered that.

8.8 pounds empty? Holy camoly!!! Better hit the gym while you are waiting for it to arrive.

The weight isn't an issue for me. I just need something that can take a fair bit of 'rough and tumble' as I live in a very remote part of our country and even driving on the tracks up here can damage gear if it isn't packed properly. I've been using the original box and this is working okay, but it certainly isn't a long-term solution.

Nice looking case,the only deal breaker I can see here is that it looks as if it holds less batteries than the original packaging and a lot less then some of the other cases that are available.

Ordered this case and it came quickly and got it today.... Made in China for the "H480" (Typhoon H). It isn't heavy and does have plastic panels with a metal frame...But, seems to be a good value. The H sits pretty snug inside the foam and I actually had to push the prop arms in more to slowly slide the H down into the case....Once it is it, it really isn't moving. I really wish I knew what all the other cutouts are intended for...

It does rest on the landing gear but there is foam between it and the bottom of the case.

The foam was in layers and glued together and then cut.... There actually is a wave to the cut from the top to bottom and not a clean straight cut...But, one could consider this to hold the items more snuggly. I also noticed some strands of glue (like cobwebs) that I easily cleared out in some of the sections.

Can you stand on this case...NO...is it as safe or safer then the backpack...Probably. It does look nice but probably won't replace the $350-$400 hard plastic/water proofed case. I have the backpack, a modified Q500 case, a hard case for my Phantom, and a LowePro Drone backpack. I will be using this new case and glad I got it. It also looks more "rich" then pulling out a drone from a soft-sided backpack when showing up at a photo/video job.

Thanks for the updates on the cases. I'm very keen to place an order but will just wait it out a little longer so I can make the 'right' choice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval