Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Night flying.....

Has anyone done much or any night flying?
I love flying at night. Its easy to see the craft because of the lights. The only thing you have to be careful of is the elevation. Take some "safe" elevation readings during the day, i.e. above power lines or anything elevated, then make sure that after you launch, you are above that height. By the way, unless your area is lite like a ball field, your video will be sub par.
Home this helps.
Mike V

I live out in the boonies with the closest neighbour being a mile away. Otherwise I'm surrounded by farming fields. :)

But duley noted for taking elevations of the trees around.

Thanks!

I live out in the boonies with the closest neighbour being a mile away. Otherwise I'm surrounded by farming fields. :)

But duley noted for taking elevations of the trees around.

Thanks!

Hi,
Just be very careful, not sure if your in the US but FAA has really cracked down on flyers, their fining because the regs. state "no night time flying" under the drone registration. Personally I think it's nonsense, there are some great nighttime opportunities like fireworks etc... I know their trying to take the joy out of it all. Good luck and safe flying.

Reactions: sorenstone
Hi,
Just be very careful, not sure if your in the US but FAA has really cracked down on flyers, their fining because the regs. state "no night time flying" under the drone registration. Personally I think it's nonsense, there are some great nighttime opportunities like fireworks etc... I know their trying to take the joy out of it all. Good luck and safe flying.

Crazy Canadian here :)

I agree why do they gotta wreck it... money hungry Grrrr. ..

Reactions: mutuels
Crazy Canadian here :)

I agree why do they gotta wreck it... money hungry Grrrr. ..

sounds like your in an area I've always wanted to White tail hunt, but because the money hungry gov here has their hand in my hip pocket I can't afford it.

Reactions: mutuels
Now you did it, I now have envy. But maybe I can return the favor, it's a cool 80 degrees here in Arizona :cool:

Haha! I'll keep the wildlife over hot weather anytime :D

But it a dry heat, I know they say tell that to a turkey :eek:
I miss the snow and all but had to move, Dr's orders. Road too hard too long until some old lady in a cage decided to run me over, the a deer hit me broadside @ 75mph. The body is getting old but the spirit is strong :rolleyes:

But it a dry heat, I know they say tell that to a turkey :eek:
I miss the snow and all but had to move, Dr's orders. Road too hard too long until some old lady in a cage decided to run me over, the a deer hit me broadside @ 75mph. The body is getting old but the spirit is strong :rolleyes:
Just like it's a "dry cold"

Yikes!

Yes at least you're still alive!

Haven't done it yet, But I'm going to tomorrow night. I live in SE Wisconsin and we have nothing but farm land around. I work at a local ski resort in the winter on the ski patrol and tomorrow I'm going to give it a try after I close the hill for the night and the lights are still on! Hopefully I can get a few good shots of the area.

Reactions: Cranky Trapper
Haven't done it yet, But I'm going to tomorrow night. I live in SE Wisconsin and we have nothing but farm land around. I work at a local ski resort in the winter on the ski patrol and tomorrow I'm going to give it a try after I close the hill for the night and the lights are still on! Hopefully I can get a few good shots of the area.
Looking forward to seeing your photos :)

Well, the flying part was great. Unfortunately for some reason the video files on the card will not play. Keep getting a message saying encountered corrupt media while attempting to play.
Flew again today and some of the files will play and some wont! :(

Well, the flying part was great. Unfortunately for some reason the video files on the card will not play. Keep getting a message saying encountered corrupt media while attempting to play.
Ah crappy. I've had that happen too but I've never figured out why some will and some won't.

You probably shut down the drone without stopping the video recording first. Put the SD card back, turn on - turn of the drone and the video should be fixed.

I love night flying. There is nobody awake and I can get great city scapes. I wanted to get more but the temperature dropped to -15 degrees celcius here in British Columbia Canada. I've found the camera acts up anything below -10 degrees and recording becomes unreliable. I flew for about 30 minutes one night and returned home to find some of the best locations I recorded (at the end of the 2nd battery) never recorded. It had just dumped a whole bunch of snow, nobody on the roads, and I flew over the river and bridge with the lights, fog and snow. It was beautiful out, but no video. Here are some pics of the beginning of the night way up high.YUN00005.jpg YUN00008.jpg YUN00002.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval