Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No fly zone enforcement

Reaction score
I live near an airport. Will I be able to fly the Breeze in my home or will it not allow me to?

I think you will be able to do indoor flight. Remember to disable GPS when flying indoors.

I wasn't sure if the Breeze had that lockdown feature in NFZs. I assume from your response that it does?

The Breeze has NFZ’s near most towered airports. It depends how close you are as to the height restriction and or inhibition of motor start. I don’t believe indoor flight is restricted.

I think he is asking if the Breeze app limits it. I might be using an old version of the Breeze app, but my Breeze isn't limited, by the app, from flying anywhere.

I think robport is right. No limitations- my guess, I have not tried it. There is a bigger issue - I ‘we’ don’t fly responsibly more and more NFZ’s will appear. Just because you can does not mean you should. Someone will report a ‘drone’ flying near an airport. This will cause issues.

We have all seen TV reports of drones flying over 400’ near airports and the concern it causes. The correct answer is, ‘don’t do it’ but some will push the limits and cause more drone issues.

I think he is asking if the Breeze app limits it. I might be using an old version of the Breeze app, but my Breeze isn't limited, by the app, from flying anywhere.

You must not be close enough to a towered airport. When I was 3.25 miles from RDU in NC this Spring, Breeze Cam limited me to 66 feet (20 meters). Well below tree top level there. The allowed ceiling with the FAA was 300 feet at that site. Yes the airport manager was notified of the flight.

Hello the flight limit of the Breeze drone near airports in Italy is 30 km.
I live near an airport and when I try to fly within 30 km it gives me warnings and flight errors with take-off and progressive circle turns. After 30 km everything is ok.
Sorry for my bad english

Your English is fine. Thanks for the information about regulations in Italy. Wow! That is equivalent to 18 miles. If the county I live in was in Italy, the whole county would be a NFZ.

Thanks, help me a bit with google. In reality, according to the ENAC rules in Italy you can fly at 8 km from an airport but my drone does not allow it and if I ignore the warnings and force take off serious problems occur.
If anyone is interested on this site, there are some world regulations for drone flight.

Regolamenti per l'uso dei droni nel mondo
can google translate help

I believe in Iowa your limit is within 5 miles to a airport. I have used the apps to find this limitation and you should use this rule to keep it safe. I have seen crop duster planes that fly outside of this limit:eek:

The way I understood the original question, it was, will the Breeze itself limit his flight? I can't find anything in the app that checks with any database to locate an airport, report GPS coordinates, or find where NFZ's are. Mine doesn't care where it is. Does anyone know what settings I've messed up to miss that?

I’m not positive where the NFZ database is stored. I suspect it is actually in the firmware on the Breeze itself. Therefore the different flavors of firmware (A - American, F - European, K - Korean, etc.). I know the American version will restrict altitude with respect to distance from a towered airport.

In the Android world early versions (prior to 1/2017 ???) of the app did not issue airport/NFZ warnings. IIRC it was in early summer of 2017 when I noticed a NFZ warning/flight restriction for the first time.
I also got the impression that NFZ warnings occur less frequent when I disable location services in my smartphone. If there is some interest here in this forum I can do further research because a) I live quite close to VIE int. airport and b) I have some older versions of the app at hand.
Furthermore I remember a map published at yuneec's website where circular NFZs of 5 miles around any airstrip/airfield/airport were to be observed. But I can not confirm that the then up-to-date app cared about the NFZ.
So my impression is that the app's idea of NFZ has very little resemblance to the situation outlined in ICAO charts. Also the app acts erratically near or in NFZs: Sometimes a warning is issued ("30 km to the next airport"), sometimes flight is restricted to 20 m in altitude and sometimes nothing at all happens - all seen from the same take-off position next to my house.

Reactions: DoomMeister
That sounds like an interesting project @airborne. I would like to post the results in a sticky thread as a reference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval