Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No Fly Zone for End Users

Hello everybody.
Just 5 hours ago i receive from yuneec usa my firmware for the NFZ.
Just ask the support and he send an email with the bin firmware, great support from yuneec.

Reactions: z3roz
No big deal a quick email and call today to Yuneec provided me with the firmware to remove the NFZ restriction. Just updated firmware in my Q500 so I can fly down the street at the local park instead of driving 50 miles to get outside airport zone. Here in San Diego, we have like 20 bloody airports all over the county!

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
[Quote = "uavpilotsd post: 44.063, membro: 4433"] Niente di che una breve e-mail e chiamare oggi per Yuneec mi ha fornito con il firmware per rimuovere la restrizione NFZ. Appena aggiornato il firmware nella mia Q500 in modo da poter volare in fondo alla strada presso il parco locale invece di guidare 50 miglia per arrivare zona dell'aeroporto di fuori. Qui a San Diego, abbiamo come 20 aeroporti sanguinosi tutta la contea! [/ Quote]
Firmware ti rimuovere NFZ ...is this Q500_v1.07_10_05_2015_no_airport

To install the firmware, just download the GUI from Yuneec website and latest USB file then plug in the drone to laptop and install the software with the utility. Took me 5 minutes. You do need to call local airport and they can deny the request. I've heard of drone operators like DJI Phantom owners being told by ATC at Lindberg field in San Diego not to fly the drone. Just use common sense and avoid the flight path of jets.

A remote pilot must receive authorization from ATC before operating in the Class B airspace.
A remote pilot must receive authorization from ATC before operating in the Class C airspace.
A remote pilot must receive authorization from ATC before operating in the Class D airspace.
In most cases, a remote pilot will not need ATC authorization to operate in Class E airspace.
A remote pilot will not need ATC authorization to operate in Class G airspace.
Special use airspace usually consists of:
• Prohibited areas
• Restricted areas
• Warning areas
• Military operation areas (MOAs)
• Alert areas
• Controlled firing areas (CFAs)

Where are you guys flying?

I am trying to disseminate how to read aeronautical sectional charts so that I know before Tuesday (test day)

Again, where do you fly?

This is just a small section ... the pilots among you are initiated.
Me? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!

Attachments

• sectional.png
    sectional.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Cowboys, mavericks or any brain dead individual seeking to stretch the envelope on flight restrictions of suav's might find this report on the FAA site interesting.

UAS Detection Initiative

Pilots regularly report seeing UAS in flight, which is a serious safety concern for the FAA. In October 2015, the FAA entered into a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRDA) with CACI International to evaluate their technology's ability to detect and identify small UAS in the vicinity of airports. A team of engineers from the FAA, the Department of Homeland Security, and CACI conducted 141 test operations over five days at the Atlantic City Airport from January to February 2016.

In May 2016, the FAA expanded its detection initiative by signing CRDAs with Gryphon Sensors, Liteye Systems Inc., and Sensofusion to evaluate the companies’ prototype UAS detection systems.

The FAA also began partnering with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in May 2016 to evaluate a different UAS detection technology.

Well today when I called Lindberg field KSAN they were confused about the whole drone thing. I told them the details and they didn't have issue with it.

Well today when I called Lindberg field KSAN they were confused about the whole drone thing. I told them the details and they didn't have issue with it.

Cool.
I have never had any problem with local airports.
Simply call them up and inform them of where and when and they say "Okay"
I have found the same with any people in the vicinity when I am anywhere near them.
Something to the effect of "Flying my quadcopter, or hex, won't disturb you will it?" or "This buzzing won't spoil your fishing will it?" usually gets a positive response or avid/curious onlookers or both.

Reactions: uavpilotsd
I find a large grass open field where there are no people in the area picnic or whatever. Today at Mission Bay park there was some Qualcomm bbq nonsense event but I still found plenty of room. During the week once summer is over, it will be much easier to find places in San Diego to fly my drone.

I find a large grass open field where there are no people in the area picnic or whatever. Today at Mission Bay park there was some Qualcomm bbq nonsense event but I still found plenty of room. During the week once summer is over, it will be much easier to find places in San Diego to fly my drone.

Sounds like a positive safety procedure :)

I approached the local police when I first sought to fly and asked about using public parks (NOT National or State Parks) and was informed that as far as they knew the only Statelegislation about drones was to the effect of not harassing hunters so go for it.
Have used public and even the county park to great effect since :)

Oooooooooooooooo

On the sectional charts thing.

During my various searches and reference visits today I discovered that the 1800wxbreif site has the facility to register your flight and publishes the time and location on the sectional charts as a NOTAM.

I think that is great!

On the FAA B4UFly app, there is also an option to file a flight plan. I call the local airport and use the flight information to avoid issues.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
Hello everyone,
I am a French pilot, so excuse my English.
I am very angry against yuneec which with its firmware prevents me from working. I had the opportunity to work a near Orly airport, respecting the French regulation, but my Q500 No Fly Zone tells me that I either the regulatory, distance to ski from the airport. yuneec is he making fun of us? The only response I got from yuneec is that they abduct the No Fly zone for government organizations. Even professional drivers regularly declared there is no law. Whatever. I thought up my business with Yuneec but I'm not so on. By chance would anyone have a solution?
Bonjour Fredlux
je suis du sud de la France, et je souhaiterai savoir comment connaître les aéroports et les zones qui sont en NFZ chez Yuneec, notamment pour le Typhoon H, j'ai lu pas mal de choses, mais rien trouvé pour notre pays. Apparemment, pour Orly, cela n'a pas fonctionné ! quelles sont les restrictions ? impossible de décoller ? plafond plus bas ? Merci pour vos réponses
Oliver

Hopefully one of the members is good at coding and can find the code in the ST16 where we can change a setting to remove the NFZ limitation. I am sure that is all it is, an On/Off setting, and a height setting. Its just finding it in the code. Hint Hint.

Ordered but don't yet have my Typhoon H. I live 1/4 mile from a Naval Air Station (NAS) and work on another - I'm an ATC Systems Engineer (I mention this as I know most of the ATC folks there, and they have NO problems at all with my flying a camera copter at low altitude nearby - I even fly small NFZ-unaware quads (JJRC686 and Hubsan 501S) AT the station where I work, when the field is *closed*. Accordingly, I consider any database that does not include field operating hours to be trash; pilots have to know when a field is available to them, the drone's firmware should know WHEN an area is (un)available to IT).

One of the things I specifically purchased the Typhoon to do was to obtain aerial pictures of a couple buildings owned by a local non-profit for inclusion on their organizational web page. The pictures can be taken from about 75-100' - I don't need to go high. No payments involved - this is volunteer stuff, not commercial. The buildings are both well within 3 miles, let alone 4 or 5, of the NAS. I also want to inspect my roof (and similarly assist neighbors - again, no-cost) after heavy winds, etc. Assuming that the firmware won't let me fly, how do I override this behavior on a Typhoon H? I saw the no-NFZ firmware for the Q500. What of the H?

As a pilot and as a consumer, I have no problems with the drone telling me I'm inside the 5mile boundary of Airfield XYZ, but the fly/no-fly decision, as with manned vehicle pilots, belongs TO THE PILOT.

Reactions: hughjones
Most all makers of this class of UAV are doing this. It will be in all future makes. DJI has had it along with 3DR for some time. DJI just made there NFZ's self-certifying if you opt out of it by signing off on it. It is the future unfortunately. With a growing, developing product like UAV's it is inevitable that these rules would come into play. To many people with more money than brains as I like to say.
But yuneec will not allow you to sign something and have the restriction removed. The nfz is ok as long as it can be removed with a waiver. What if i had a roof inspection job 4 miles from IAH, i wouldn't be able to fly. I heard that you can get it removed but with only a 30 ft ceiling. Its not the company's responsibility to control how the product is used by the consumer in a case like this. It is disappointing. I just hope i never run into this situation. If i do and its a continual problem ill have to consider a different brand to work with.

Bill W.

Hi everyone,
Portuguese pilots now have specific legislation on drone flying, and it is less restrictive than Yuneec's policy in that, for instance, it does not define a hard round fencing around large airports but rather a progressive limitation. Whereas by stock firmware I am not able to even arm motors and fly low at about 3km from an airport and away from approach patterns, not interfering in any way with air traffic, national law would allow me to fly, even if with restrictions on altitude and airport proximity.

Long story short, I contacted Yuneec's support and asked if they would adapt their firmware to national laws as they come to exist. Their reply: a very blunt NO. They are willing, however, to lift all restrictions if I send them a lot of documentation and national authorizations along with a signed document assuming all responsibility from my flying, and then I would have to send them my Q500 for them to work on it (which I now understand means they would upload firmware, not give it to me to do it myself). To go through such a hassle for recreational flying is a PITA I must say. I have seen on previous posts a link (which I downloaded) for a firmware free of NFZ's which I suppose is worldwide compatible. Now... is it safe? I have seen some people writing that it went OK for them, but has anyone installed it since and confirms that it won't "brick" your quad and render it useless?

Thanks, and have safe and fun flights.

Hello.
I have instaled the firmware NFZ that i have request to Yuneec and everything is ok with the quad.
But before that you can receive this firmware from yuneec.com, you have to sign a discharge that yuneec will send you.
I try a lot of fly with my quad and don't worry and there is no brick.
Sorry for my englisch.

Frederic from Luxembourg in Europe.
By

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval