Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

NO FLY ZONE : Where are stocked the informations ?

Reaction score
Hi, everybody,

I have a crashed Typhoon H with the nfz desactivated.

I know that to desactivate it, you put a firmware on the S16. But this firmware is locked with the drone ID, if i'm right.

I want to rebuilt it, but i was wondering where the info are stored in the drone : GPS card, flight card ? What can i change without lost this desactivation ?

Thanks for help.

The NFZ firmware is stored in the Flight Controller so as long as you do not have to replace the F/C in the aircraft you will retain the NFZ unlock.

Are you the original owner of the Typhoon H? If so, you should have the files to reflash the F/C via the GUI program.

If the F/C needs to be replaced, it will require a new key file to be able to flash the NFZ unlock. The GUI must be used to obtain the UID of the new F/C.

Thanks. I'm not the first owner and i don't have the firmware....

So the firmware is in the aircraft only ? i thaught it was also in the S16....

Thanks. I'm not the first owner and i don't have the firmware....

So the firmware is in the aircraft only ? i thaught it was also in the S16....
The ST16 has no function in the determination of an NFZ, it is fully stored in the onboard Flight Controller hence the need to flash it via the GUI.

Using the GUI you can enable/disable the NFZ unlock once the F/C has been flashed.

OK, i thaught it because YUNEEC Europe ask the serian number of the aircraft AND the one of the transmiter to send a firmware with no nfz...

OK, i thaught it because YUNEEC Europe ask the serian number of the aircraft AND the one of the transmiter to send a firmware with no nfz...
Do as they say if you need to get the firmware again. They may do something different in the EU. It used to be that you had to send it in to get the NFZ unlock in Europe.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
DoomMeister's Comments are Correct.
The "Product ID Number" is required in order to issue the NFZ Release, not the "Serial Number".
You can obtain the NFZ Release without having to Ship your Drone, here;

Reactions: 7cyclops

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval