Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No fly zones USA typhoon H firmware

I think ....you would be real surprised how many dont know you have to be registered with FAA if you fly RC over a certain weight and so on

I am not say people arnt responsible..... for their actions.... I agree that the media and just being aware of current affairs.... i have been flying RC Helis for almost 9 yrs now.... and i know whats going on.... I am just saying that the manuf. should do a better job of asking one question and also saying.... "this product wont opperate in this ______ condition".... and maybe i should have dug real deep........ and .......but there is so very little anywhere about the H not starting in a NFZ. and you are so right Our society has been dumbed down and cuddled to much and for to long..... but there is still no excuse for stupidity and mainly lack of respect....that's today's youth....

as of today I did get my firmware unlock on the NFZ all works good after initial flight test.....

I fully agree manufacturers have failed miserably in providing needed information. My personal opinion has that being intentional. Anything that might suggest someone may not be able to fly someplace, in some manner, experience range limitations, or need to subject the customer to some type of pre-buy training or testing would reduce sales. Instead they advertise an "anybody can do it" pitch line, and forums get to deal with the aftermath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im curious, I just spoke to Yuneec CS about this exact issue about altering the fixed 400 foot altitude and the Airport Lockout. I mentioned this form and was told none of this is necessary. I was instructed to re download the firmware I have installed currently and reinstall it again. She said it is the same firmware number but has the restrictions removed. I currently have zero issues with my H other than the restrictions so Im a little uneasy about reinstalling the firmware, especially when you guys all say you had to go about removing the restrictions in a totally different way. Anyone have thoughts?

Does it restrict height? Can you still climb to 400ft?

Bill W.
If you don't have a 107 certificate or at least passed the test; the TH is limited to 30 ft AGL within 5 mile radius. It us updated via a license update. If you have passed the exam they will unlock it and you can fly above 30 ft AGL via a firmware update.

If you don't have a 107 certificate or at least passed the test; the TH is limited to 30 ft AGL within 5 mile radius. It us updated via a license update. If you have passed the exam they will unlock it and you can fly above 30 ft AGL via a firmware update.

30 ft AGL? I think your mistaken and I've also spoken to two different CS Reps today who have me the same story of it is no longer necessary to do anything other than download and reinstall the new firmware. I have not gotten to verify this yet so if someone is near a PC with their H and wants to verify that would be awesome.

From Yuneec's FB page:

"We have set up a dedicated Typhoon H hotline for current and future owners to consult Typhoon H product experts. The number to the hotline is 1-844-343-9770.

For general Yuneec customer service, we are accessible via email ([email protected]) or phone 1-844-898-6332 Monday through Friday from 6:00am – 5:00pm PT and Saturday from 8:00am – 4:30pm PT."

Reactions: AbdulMateen7
From Yuneec's FB page:

"We have set up a dedicated Typhoon H hotline for current and future owners to consult Typhoon H product experts. The number to the hotline is 1-844-343-9770.

For general Yuneec customer service, we are accessible via email ([email protected]) or phone 1-844-898-6332 Monday through Friday from 6:00am – 5:00pm PT and Saturday from 8:00am – 4:30pm PT."

Sweet!!! Good find!!!

30 ft AGL? I think your mistaken and I've also spoken to two different CS Reps today who have me the same story of it is no longer necessary to do anything other than download and reinstall the new firmware. I have not gotten to verify this yet so if someone is near a PC with their H and wants to verify that would be awesome.

Here's what the email from Yuneec says. I just went through this today.

"Please keep in mind that if you are within the 5 mile radius of an airport the No Fly Zone height limit is 30 feet."

That's straight from the Yuneec email.

"Please keep in mind that if you are within the 5 mile radius of an airport the No Fly Zone height limit is 30 feet."

I understand what you were saying now, is funny how you get so many different answers from different CS Representatives.

Here's a screen capture of the full email since I can't cut and paste here.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 10.22.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 10.22.58 PM.png
    238.7 KB · Views: 55
So part of what bothers me about this is I have a client requesting images and video of his business and facility at a local airport. So even with an approved exemption from the FAA I still would not be able to complete this job for my client with a Yuneec Product.

Just turn off GPS. NFZ's are dependent upon having a GPS fix to reference. No GPS=no NFZ.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy