Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No gimble control

Reaction score
I have an H920 with an ST24 and a CGO4. Binding seems to connect the camera and I have the video feed. I do not have any control of the gimble pitch or yaw. Has anyone had this issue and if so what should I be looking for? I have looked at the gimble connector and all seems to be correct. This is a new CGO4 install.

First check the Hardware Monitor to insure the Gimbal Pitch Mode switch, Gimbal Yaw Mode switch, Gimbal Yaw knob, and Gimbal Tilt knob are all working. With the Yaw mode switch in the up position the camera will face forward no matter what you do with the Yaw knob.

The next thing to check are the contacts where the gimbal mounts to the drone.

Beyond that it will take someone with that system to offer more advise.

Thank you for the guidance,
I have checked the hardware monitor all axis perform on screen. When the drone is powered up the gimble will bring the camera level and rotate right 90 deg and back to the left 90 deg then back to forward "Center", at that point the camera lens will zoom out and back. After that no manual control is available. The camera will take photos and video, as well as all the CGO4 on-screen items, are displayed. It seems to act as a Software issue however I have downloaded and install everything I can find with no joy.

So the dance you see at powerup is the initialization of the gimbal and camera. So it seems there are no issues there.

This is really sounding like the CGO4/gimbal is not properly bound.

Just in case you don’t have the user manual I’m attaching it here. Really wish I could be of more assistance.

Attachments

• h920_industry_user_manual_(st24)_v1.0.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
Thanks again DoomMeister,
This one has me scratching my head,,, The camera and gimble have been bound and the correct camera selected with no change still no gimble control. May add the camera and gimble operate normal on the ProAction platform so Not sure which direction I need to go? I also have an ST16 and bound the camera in team mode same result, No gimble control. It almost has to be something going on with the FCU? Just wish I knew the best route to make sure. Thank you again for all your help, Dang thing is putting more gray hair in my beard!!

Does anyone have a channel map for an H920 and a CGO4 for an ST24? I have noticed the channels seem to be wrong or not set correctly. Perhaps this is my issue?

Thanks again DoomMeister,
This one has me scratching my head,,, The camera and gimble have been bound and the correct camera selected with no change still no gimble control. May add the camera and gimble operate normal on the ProAction platform so Not sure which direction I need to go? I also have an ST16 and bound the camera in team mode same result, No gimble control. It almost has to be something going on with the FCU? Just wish I knew the best route to make sure. Thank you again for all your help, Dang thing is putting more gray hair in my beard!!

Possibly a dumb question, but is the ST24 bound to both the CGO04 and the H920? Can you turn on the motors and/or fly the H920? On the TH 480 and the ST16 the pan and tilt commands go through the SR24 receiver and I'm pretty sure it is the same on the H920. If both the camera and the H920 are bound I would suspect the serial pin isn't making connection on the gimbal connector.

Dylan

Try to bind only the camera to the ST. Use the 920 as a power supply only. Check the controls. I played with ProAction and CGO4 and posted results here in the forum.

He said, camera is bound and all controls work. What is missing is the gimbal control which is done via ZigBee connection (SR24) and flight controller. We have to look there...
I agree the most probable reason are channel settings on SR24. To check this, create a new model from scratch and bind the drone to that. Check gimbal control with new model.

I don't know it the ST24 has the output monitor as ST16 has. This would be a good indication what's going on.
The channel assignment is probably the same as ST16 has. I will will double check this in ST24 firmware.

Standard channel assignment is here in appendix:

br HE

As I understood, only WiFi part works but I can be in a mistake.

Possibly a dumb question, but is the ST24 bound to both the CGO04 and the H920? Can you turn on the motors and/or fly the H920? On the TH 480 and the ST16 the pan and tilt commands go through the SR24 receiver and I'm pretty sure it is the same on the H920. If both the camera and the H920 are bound I would suspect the serial pin isn't making connection on the gimbal connector.

Dylan
Thank you for your response, The Drone will fly everything seems to work except the gimble. The motors will power up and all the LED indications are correct. No on-screen faults and show ready. Where is the serial pin located? I have checked the camera wiring and all seem to be connected with proper tension.

Try to bind only the camera to the ST. Use the 920 as a power supply only. Check the controls. I played with ProAction and CGO4 and posted results here in the forum.
I have indeed tried that and one step further, I used an ST16 setup in team mode same condition.

He said, camera is bound and all controls work. What is missing is the gimbal control which is done via ZigBee connection (SR24) and flight controller. We have to look there...
I agree the most probable reason are channel settings on SR24. To check this, create a new model from scratch and bind the drone to that. Check gimbal control with new model.

I don't know it the ST24 has the output monitor as ST16 has. This would be a good indication what's going on.
The channel assignment is probably the same as ST16 has. I will will double check this in ST24 firmware.

Standard channel assignment is here in appendix:

br HE
Thanks, I believe this is the right track however I have ST24 and an ST16, and both have the same issue. They both seem to connect WiFi however no gimble? I do not believe it is the camera as it works normally on the pro-action. That leaves the FCU. Or am I missing something?

So, in this case find the thread about the CGO4 and read it. In the gimbal is installed separated SR24, which can be bound to the ST16. This will be a solution in team mode. I haven't 920, so I have no idea how is organized the binding process in the ST24.

More than, I'm not sure is the 920 capable to move the CGO4 via the serial link, or this link is dedicated only for some values for EXIF.

Have you used a multimeter to track the PWM wiring inside the drone? Stuck contacts on the mount, loose/corroded connectors and cracked solder have all been found as the culprits in similar situations on other models

WTFDproject Thank you, I have thought about pulling the top off and looking at the connectors and board however I am not sure how the fuselage detaches from the lower structure. I have removed the screws and can lift it off a .5 inch and looks like the ECS board is part of the upper section. Is there a trick to separate them? I do not have a schematic of the internals do you know if one is available online? Thank you again

Sorry, I don't have access to an H920 to provide much help. I found this series on the internet. The images suggest you have run into the motor leads. You will probably have to cut the shrink wrap to unplug the leads.

Maybe some of the members with an H920 can offer something more useful.

Sorry, I don't have access to an H920 to provide much help. I found this series on the internet. The images suggest you have run into the motor leads. You will probably have to cut the shrink wrap to unplug the leads.

Maybe some of the members with an H920 can offer something more useful.
Thank you sir

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval