Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No initialization after using Qground control.

In the 6 years I have been involved with Yuneec copters.... I'm a commercial dealer, I've only had one bird that wouldn't boot up... the bootloader was shot.

Yuneec in Kaltenkirchen, Germany was able to reset the bootloader for me. I had this phenomenon only once.

If it's the same for you, you won't be able to fix it yourself.
I’m starting to think so.

Thank you Andrew
Open this link and save the two files to a new folder on your computer which you have named 784. Do not get these mixed up with other versions. 784 Aircraft Manual Install
Copy the files to a formatted sd card.
Place the card in the camera and turn on the H Plus (not the controller).
Watch the camera LED and note the changes in the color. Wait about 5 min.
See if the aircraft will turn off.

Open this link and save the two files to a new folder on your computer which you have named 784. Do not get these mixed up with other versions. 784 Aircraft Manual Install
Copy the files to a formatted sd card.
Place the card in the camera and turn on the H Plus (not the controller).
Watch the camera LED and note the changes in the color. Wait about 5 min.
See if the aircraft will turn off.
I’ll try that thanks.

I've only had one bird that wouldn't boot up... the bootloader was shot.
@Enrico Jorysch,
Your words gave me a thought. A few months ago I was working on an E90. The camera was doing everything a camera is supposed to do except one. It would not update the drone. The problem seems to have been a defective ribbon cable in the camera. When the ribbon was replaced, the camera updated the drone as normal.
Is the bootloader run from the camera on the C23/E90 units?

@Lakeview173,
Do you have access to another C23 camera?

@Enrico Jorysch,
Your words gave me a thought. A few months ago I was working on an E90. The camera was doing everything a camera is supposed to do except one. It would not update the drone. The problem seems to have been a defective ribbon cable in the camera. When the ribbon was replaced, the camera updated the drone as normal.

@Lakeview173,
Do you have access to another C23 camera?
No, no other c23 camera. the sd card with autopilot.yuneec on it file came out of the camera, after the update, changed to autopilot.yuneec.updated. would it make sense to get another main board? I saw one on ebay for about $100 from a new h plus?

would it make sense to get another main board?
It may wind up there, but it would be great if we could find the issue with yours.

I am curious about exactly what sequence of lights and flop-overs you are seeing.

With ONLY "autopilot.yuneec" and "versioninfo.json" on the SD card:
The camera should start normally. (A few seconds of amber, a few more seconds of red, then the gimbal should stabilize, and LED should begin flashing green.)
About 1 minute, 12 seconds later, the camera should "relax". (flop over.)
About 10 seconds after that, the drone should reboot, then the camera should stabilize again, still flashing green. And that's about it.
There should not be ANY red on the camera other than the first red when the camera is powered up.
Does this sound like what you are seeing?

Reactions: Dale w
It may wind up there, but it would be great if we could find the issue with yours.

I am curious about exactly what sequence of lights and flop-overs you are seeing.

With ONLY "autopilot.yuneec" and "versioninfo.json" on the SD card:
The camera should start normally. (A few seconds of amber, a few more seconds of red, then the gimbal should stabilize, and LED should begin flashing green.)
About 1 minute, 12 seconds later, the camera should "relax". (flop over.)
About 10 seconds after that, the drone should reboot, then the camera should stabilize again, still flashing green. And that's about it.
There should not be ANY red on the camera other than the first red when the camera is powered up.
Does this should like what you are seeing?
Hi mine does the amber for a few secs. then solid red 3-4 secs. then flashing green. That's it, it doesn't relax and reboot. I let it sit for 1/2 hour the other day flashing green, camera still stable and no reboot. those 2 files were the only 2 files on the sd card. Thanks Andrew

Reactions: Steve Carr
@Enrico Jorysch,
No, the bootloader is in the main processor of the flight controller.
Therefore, the LED^s of the bird stay off... the camera on the other hand is powered.
But the copter is not bound.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Thanks Steve. I did as you suggested last night. I connected to qgc 4 or 5 times it connected every time, then close qgc and start again. after this it sat all night no battery, still no go.
I would love to know a better way to install the autopilot. I think I have followed the procedure, but I could be missing something. Thank you Andrew
This is the same issue i had...Make sure you are installing a new autopilot! I had a b*tch of a time getting it downloaded to the sd card....

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you let the H Plus sit overnight with no battery installed?
I have had the same problem as you and each time it fixed itself.
The other method I have used: Remove the battery and connect to the computer and QGC a few times. Then remove and let it sit for a couple of hours. If it still doesn't work then we can walk you thru the autopilot reinstall.
Could you post the instructions for a the "auto pilot re install"?

thanks

It's in post #22 above.

784 is a downgrade so you will need to install 822 later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430