Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No low battery warning on ST-16

Reaction score
I flew the H to 14.4v and there was no low battery indicator onscreen, vibration, or alarm.

Is that on by default? I took it down to 14.3 and still nothing so I landed.

I think you are pushing your luck taking the battery down to such low levels. Learn to keep an eye on that Battery Voltage and have the 'H' on the Ground at 14.7 Volts - ST16 warning or not. I don't use the Yuneec Charger, I have a modified 'Quick' Charge lead and I always check how many milliamps (mA) it takes to fully charge a used Battery. At 14.7 Volts the battery is at 10% capacity under load (assuming the battery is correctly rated at 5400mA). As soon as the battery is 'off' load it recovers to 14.9 Volts which is 20%. Aim to get your 'H' on the ground at 14.7 Volts. It's easier to put a fresh Battery in the Drone than it is to Locate and then pick up a load of smashed bits.

Last edited:
It's easier to put a fresh Battery in the Drone than it is to Locate and then pick up a load of smashed bits.
LOL! That's the funniest post I've seen in weeks. Great philosophy there Andy, and a great post overall.:)

If landing at 14.7, I wouldn't get even close to 15 minutes flight time (mixed flying ~10 mph avg). If the cells are healthy and battery properly maintained (and battery sensor is accurate), there's no reason why it shouldn't be able to land with 14.3 on the ground. That's just a tad under 3.6v per cell which any decent battery will tolerate.

Looking at the battery test graph that just been carried out the drop of voltage looks very close to 3.6 volts per cell, so I don't think you want to be much lower than 14.4 volts as the drop off is quite severe, and you may damage or shorten the life of the battery, other users may have different views but I always ere on the cautious side.

Battery Test Results

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval