Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

"No MicroSD Card in Camera"

Reaction score
I get that message now... there is a Samsung 64 GB U3 card in there that I've used before. Help?

Attachments

• SD.jpg
    SD.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 26
DM, whats has changed since the last known good use of this camera card combo?

Nothing I can think of. It's kept in a custom pelican box and I'm meticulous with logging flights, etc...
I tried several cards with the same result.
I get the camera view, thermal and all, but the record button is dead... frustrating.

which controller you using? the st24? st16?

and try the card in a pc, or mac.... do either of these see the card, and can it be accessed in this maner?

ok, test the card next. then turn controller on and let it boot up. then go into settings, then hardware monitor. here you can confirm the switch is functioning correctly I believe it is the B4 switch on the screen. let me know...

Reactions: Mechanic
Yuneec cameras don't play well with Samsung cards. I have been using this card and it works great. I have 15 of these and use them in all of my cameras.
If you had a dollar for every time you posted that link you'd be a rich man ?

If you had a dollar for every time you posted that link you'd be a rich man ?
What can I say??? I saw it listed many months ago with a markdown price. So I ordered 3 and tested them. $11 for a 64GB card that works is a steal. I always have spares in my Yuneec backpacks.

What can I say??? I saw it listed many months ago with a markdown price. So I ordered 3 and tested them. $11 for a 64GB card that works is a steal. I always have spares in my Yuneec backpacks.
It is available on Amazon here via Amazon US, but more expensive.

• Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr
I have had 128gb Sandisk U3 Extreme Pro cards in 2 H480's and never had an issue whether formatted to Fat32 or Exfat (currently FAT32). However, when I got a H520 - E90 and used one of these cards in it I have had intermittent success. Sometimes the E90 reads it right away and records video normally. Other times with no changes to the firmware or anything it will come up with the message "no SD card present" I power down the H520 and just power up.... the card is now recognised and shows the camera as ready!!!

One time when the E90 said no SD card present, I removed the 128gb card and then re-inserted it, the E90 was happy. This led me to the thought that it could be the contacts in the SD card pocket not making a good connection - was wondering if there is a way to clean the internal contacts in the E90 slot?

Also, someone suggested that Yuneec cameras do not like 128gb cards, so I bought 2 Sandisk 64gb Extreme U3 cards. I formatted one to FAT32 and tried it in the E90, but it was intermittent as well. First try - not seen, then just re-started and the E90 was happy!!

I can order a couple of the suggested "Netac" cards, but not too confident that will solve my E90 card issue....

They solved mine. I am happy these men and women are here. I waited much too long not reading and learning what these folks know. Now the other 237 problems I'm having remains to be seen.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
but not too confident that will solve my E90 card issue....
I use them with all of my C23 cameras and E90, CGO3+, Osmo and dashcams. I believe part of the recognition problem may be with the firmware on the E90. There was a firmware update for the C23 that improved the recognition issues but I don't recall if that was ever released for the E90.
In the past I've had recognition problems with nearly every brand; Sandisk, Samsung, Lexar, Sony and Kingston.

All flash memory is mostly the same and the differences you have with them are not the card, but rather the device your putting it in. Thats why they can go from apple to pc, to android. only things that need to potentially need to be reworked. is the file format it was created in. Fat32 is slowly being pushed out like an old pentium chip, NTFS format is the standard most common on devices anymore. Fat32 file system has a limited size...4GB, anything larger has to be on a NTFS file format to exceed this 4GB limit on the Fat32. I was getting calls about 4 to 5 a day asking why their brand new HDD out of the plastic is not recognized in their computer in the early 2000's. It was because they had the 32bit OS installed and running a Fat32, which limits the size of the drive as well... techinally the Fat32 is obsolete anymore these days... but there is still some machines running it because it is the cheaper option.

While NTFS is used on many cards for use in computers. exFAT is more common for cameras and phones. Do not use NTFS on a card for the Yuneec Cameras. You can use FAT32 or exFAT.

Usually formatting in the camera works best. Not sure why yours is acting up after formatting in camera. What are the properties if you put it in your computer. Should be able to see size, free and used space, and type of formatting.

Reactions: Mechanic
All flash memory is mostly the same and the differences you have with them are not the card, but rather the device your putting it in. Thats why they can go from apple to pc, to android. only things that need to potentially need to be reworked. is the file format it was created in. Fat32 is slowly being pushed out like an old pentium chip, NTFS format is the standard most common on devices anymore. Fat32 file system has a limited size...4GB, anything larger has to be on a NTFS file format to exceed this 4GB limit on the Fat32. I was getting calls about 4 to 5 a day asking why their brand new HDD out of the plastic is not recognized in their computer in the early 2000's. It was because they had the 32bit OS installed and running a Fat32, which limits the size of the drive as well... techinally the Fat32 is obsolete anymore these days... but there is still some machines running it because it is the cheaper option.

"Fat32 file system has a limited size...4GB,"

The 128gb cards can definately be formatted to FAT32..... (see screen capture)

What I don't understand is why is the recognition is INTERMITTENT? As I have recorded video perfectly for a number of flights and then sometimes it takes a re-start to recognize the card, then will be OK for a few flights, then maybe next mission doesn't see it? It acts just like an intermittent contact between the card and the card slot.

Attachments

• 128gb.JPG
    128gb.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 8
Yes
DoomMeister

, and is used primarily when these lower power and low an/or no on board memory is present on the device. Yes Doom That's correct, I apologize for not finishing the full description...
Such as camera's, Smart Phones, rc... pretty much all small electronics these days.

But that's what your for right... haha to correct us;)

"Fat32 file system has a limited size...4GB,"

The 128gb cards can definately be formatted to FAT32..... (see screen capture)

What I don't understand is why is the recognition is INTERMITTENT? As I have recorded video perfectly for a number of flights and then sometimes it takes a re-start to recognize the card, then will be OK for a few flights, then maybe next mission doesn't see it? It acts just like an intermittent contact between the card and the card slot.

Like all materials on earth' everything deteriorates and degrades over time, and high use accelerates this degradation..

And also a little electronic contact cleaner can't hurt.
To make device turned off.
A little cleaner on the contacts of the card with a cotton swab and quickly insert the card, leave it 30 seconds, do two, three times. At the end remove the card and let it dry well.
There are many problems too. Especially when the card is often taken out and manipulated to extract the files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval